criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

SUGGESTION: Separate balancing for GA and HvV

I think the vast majority of these issues will be solved if Showdown and HvV run different balancing in regards to stamina and health than that of Global Assault.
Specifically, kill the stamina block drain in HvV and Showdown and leave it in GA. This way there will be no more block spam that breaks GA, but won't make HvV and Showdown so unbearable

Replies

• sillysaxon wrote: »
    I think the vast majority of these issues will be solved if Showdown and HvV run different balancing in regards to stamina and health than that of Global Assault.
    Specifically, kill the stamina block drain in HvV and Showdown and leave it in GA. This way there will be no more block spam that breaks GA, but won't make HvV and Showdown so unbearable

I'm pretty sure saber block spam was (and still occasionally is) a problem in HvV and not GA. The problem is that blocking blaster fire depletes stamina far too quickly in GA, making defense very brief and offense afterwards nearly impossible. In HvV, saber block staredowns are much more rare, but saber block still causes significant flinch in a duel and is still a very reliable go to strategy, especially for Vader and Rey, whose middle abilities let them ignore stamina for about 10 seconds or even a bit more.

So killing the stamina block drain in HvV will cause Saber block staredowns to return, while leaving it in GA makes blaster bolt deflection a huge waste of stamina, especially for Kylo and Luke.

I agree that HvV and GA balancing should be slightly different, but I think your solution/wording is flipped around a bit.
  • My experience has been that in GA maps with tight entry like Theed phase 2, it's laughably easy to come out and quickly kill any troops in the hall, then hold block and deflect bolts to prevent anyone from advancing, hide back behind the wall to recover, rinse, repeat. It puts a complete stop on all momentum for the attackers and the game ends there about 80% of the time, especially with multiple saber villains