criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Well chewies broke

His shock grenade is hit or miss on working and his blaster must have been nerfed.

Oh and for glitches i got killed by bossk who was laying on the ground but still able to fire.

Replies

• I've been killed by a few light sabers that are still swinging after the hero dies haha. It's kind of funny
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    He definitely hasnt been nerfed sadly.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• He definitely hasnt been nerfed sadly.

He was nerfed several months back. Used to be that you could shock Vader, activate your furious bow and take him out.

I know some people don't like Having strong heros to ruin their game but the light side needs him to compete against dark side, especially when they every the saber stamina so saber users can actually deflect more than 2 or 3 bolts again.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    He definitely hasnt been nerfed sadly.

He was nerfed several months back. Used to be that you could shock Vader, activate your furious bow and take him out.

I know some people don't like Having strong heros to ruin their game but the light side needs him to compete against dark side, especially when they every the saber stamina so saber users can actually deflect more than 2 or 3 bolts again.

FBC has not been nerfed in several months and it still does way too much damage. Chewie can still shock Vader and kill him before Vader can move.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Not if Vader has full health. Maybe if the Vader player is far away and Incompetent but that's the players fault not chewies.

• I actually think chewies bowcaster has aim issues but the damage is still the same. It just seems slightly off lately (and no it's not me).
  • Recently I was shooting a blocking Vader with FBC and I swear he was taking partial damage with each blast. Can anyone confirm this?
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Recently I was shooting a blocking Vader with FBC and I swear he was taking partial damage with each blast. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, that's what happens.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Recently I was shooting a blocking Vader with FBC and I swear he was taking partial damage with each blast. Can anyone confirm this?

Ok thanks. So Chewbacca and I assume WW can be partially blocked. And I guess Vader is more effective than Kylo at this.

Hey man, while you’re here, I’d like to thank you and @Landeaux2 and company for the effort y’all put into these forums with regard to hero combat dynamics. Over the past several months, in reading your opinions and watching many videos that you’ve posted, my understand of hero play and by extension my skill level have really benefited by your efforts. While I don’t always agree with the total balancing of characters your insights and points are always valid and I think that y’all are an asset to these forums and this game. So... Appreciation man. Keep doing what y’all do.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    lerodemmy wrote: »

Hey man, while you’re here, I’d like to thank you and @Landeaux2 and company for the effort y’all put into these forums with regard to hero combat dynamics. Over the past several months, in reading your opinions and watching many videos that you’ve posted, my understand of hero play and by extension my skill level have really benefited by your efforts. While I don’t always agree with the total balancing of characters your insights and points are always valid and I think that y’all are an asset to these forums and this game. So... Appreciation man. Keep doing what y’all do.

Well, someone has to do it, and it's obviously not going to be EA/DICE.

Glad to be of assistance. You're welcome, and thanks for the compliments.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
    lerodemmy wrote: »

Hey man, while you’re here, I’d like to thank you and Landeaux2 and company for the effort y’all put into these forums with regard to hero combat dynamics. Over the past several months, in reading your opinions and watching many videos that you’ve posted, my understand of hero play and by extension my skill level have really benefited by your efforts. While I don’t always agree with the total balancing of characters your insights and points are always valid and I think that y’all are an asset to these forums and this game. So... Appreciation man. Keep doing what y’all do.

Well, someone has to do it, and it's obviously not going to be EA/DICE.

You're welcome.
    So if it won’t be EA/DICE, are you going to do it yourself Thanos-style?
    tenor.gif?itemid=11168108
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I've been killed by a few light sabers that are still swinging after the hero dies haha. It's kind of funny

Luke's rush is a prime example
  • MC_XIX
    1432 posts Member
    Chewie has been the king of HvV for many months now. He was also similarly overpowered in SWBF 2015. Hopefully he will receive a slight damage nerf and a health-on-kill card soon to balance him out.
  • Recently I was shooting a blocking Vader with FBC and I swear he was taking partial damage with each blast. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes yes yes
  • His shock grenade is hit or miss on working and his blaster must have been nerfed.

Oh and for glitches i got killed by bossk who was laying on the ground but still able to fire.

His blaster hasn't been touched for quite a while and with the changes to stamina you could actually say he was buffed indirectly.

As for the glitch you mentioned, that is unfortunately the case for all blaster users, they can still shoot while being chocked, thrown to the air or stunned.
  • _Murf_
    173 posts Member
    The light saber users have the advantage over the shooters. They simply rush in and end of story. There is no way a shooter can inflict enough damage before being killed by saber and/or force power. So the only chance a shooter has is to stand far off and hope to pick off the saber wielders. (Except when I play a saber user I get wrecked by everyone all the time.). Just my opinion and I am not good at using heros/villians in any game mode. I find it very difficult to defend/attack against any saber user.
  • I've noticed an issue where if Chewie's shock grenade explodes, and a saber villain is in the middle of jumping or at least has began the process of jumping (It still hits them, I see the electricity around their figure. I've even been on the receiving end and thought I would be stunned but was not), they do not suffer the effects of the stun. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough that I'm not surprised anymore when it happens. Is this intentional, or is it a bug?
  • I think Chewie is fine. We all know he is going to stun so be patient and/or bait the stun.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Chewie has been the king of HvV for many months now. He was also similarly overpowered in SWBF 2015. Hopefully he will receive a slight damage nerf and a health-on-kill card soon to balance him out.

He's unusable in ga and for hvv he doesn't need either of those. His gunboat powerful but it's general slow and shops a burst out unlike lando and Han and Iden who fire straight on. Plus he is tanky, big and kind of slow he really doesn't need changes. And we all know if they did he would be broken. Sometimes people don't think they just ask for a nerf when they have trouble fighting a certain hero.

If anyone needs a nerf it's lando. He can stun you longer than chewie and take you out with his high damage pistol. It he is also fairly weak in regards to damage intake. Plus I don't believe in any more nerfs only buffs.
  • I've noticed an issue where if Chewie's shock grenade explodes, and a saber villain is in the middle of jumping or at least has began the process of jumping (It still hits them, I see the electricity around their figure. I've even been on the receiving end and thought I would be stunned but was not), they do not suffer the effects of the stun. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough that I'm not surprised anymore when it happens. Is this intentional, or is it a bug?

Sometimes but lately it hasn't been working for me that well... very hit or miss and useless now up close if you are getting attacked.
  • You hurt chewie you're gonna have to deal with me!