criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Vote. Who wants to get rid of maul?

Prev13
All those players do is run and use his spin attack to run around while being target until other target is killed. Don't think that's what spin attack is for. Finn is good at getting him in open spaces that's to deadeye but then ur stuck as Finn.

Boba does the running thing too but if they nerf his flying time and height he can go and buff his health and make him more like rocket trooper that could work. And I oppose nerfs but...

Replies

• All those players do is run and use his spin attack to run around while being target until other target is killed. Don't think that's what spin attack is for. Finn is good at getting him in open spaces that's to deadeye but then ur stuck as Finn.

Boba does the running thing too but if they nerf his flying time and height he can go and buff his health and make him more like rocket trooper that could work. And I oppose nerfs but...
  • Seriously?
  • Half serious. I'm open to suggestions though... unless everyone likes hvv as "hiders and runners".
  • Devlin21
    8322 posts Member
    Tdm..
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Alex64
    6689 posts Member
    Do you want to erase Maul because his spin attack?
    E sono una imbranata
  • maul? One of the most balanced heroes in the game?
    Surely you jest
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Alex64
    6689 posts Member
    It's a duplicate, well i don't understand why his spin attack is bad, i don't get it.
    E sono una imbranata
  • RUFIO!! What a reference dude. Hook.
  • Dash
    11554 posts Member
    RUFIO!! What a reference dude. Hook.

#BestChildhoodEver :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »

Bad Form!! Should now be emphasized lingo on these forums. Great reference @Dash. Few on these forums can go as far back as me. You’re the main one.
  • Dash
    11554 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

Bad Form!! Should now be emphasized lingo on these forums. Great reference @Dash. Few on these forums can go as far back as me. You’re the main one.

Yeah man, those were the days :sunglasses:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Alex64
    6689 posts Member
    I cant hold myself here, are you serious?

Maul is easy to take down as pie, especially after the recent changes even more so. Yes, it is a pain if he runs but if your team coordinates you can catch him. Most of the times this days on PC when I see Maul run, its due to the other target doing the same all the time and he cant survive for too long against a blaster gang.

Sometimes its fair to run or make a small tactical retreat instead of doing a 4vs1 and dying instantly but even then he can be caught easily.

Inb4 someone says he needs a block.

That comic book page bring me memories
    E sono una imbranata
  • I cant hold myself here, are you serious?

Maul is easy to take down as pie, especially after the recent changes even more so. Yes, it is a pain if he runs but if your team coordinates you can catch him. Most of the times this days on PC when I see Maul run, its due to the other target doing the same all the time and he cant survive for too long against a blaster gang.

Sometimes its fair to run or make a small tactical retreat instead of doing a 4vs1 and dying instantly but even then he can be caught easily.

Wow even the mods are against this
    :D

I think overall pc players are there to play vs Xbox and especially ps4
  • maul? One of the most balanced heroes in the game?
    Surely you jest

I'm talking about the way some people use him to run like they do boba to hide.
  • OcDoc
    1322 posts Member
    maul? One of the most balanced heroes in the game?
    Surely you jest

You can chase him down. It isn’t like he can fly to an unreachable part of the map or anything. Work together, corner him, stun him, shoot him, there are options.
  • you know....George Lucas had the same idea once - then he sold the franchise and went into hiding for nearly twenty years
    As you can clearly see....Disney is not able to salvage that bad idea? I look forward to the Kenobi vs. Maul fight with no help from Mickey-Mouse club this time....
  • VaperEyes
    610 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    can't do it...too painful to see my favorite Dathomirian Zabrak get phased-out again
    In fact - I believe that Maul should have been the character that Anakin defeated which spawned Darth Vader. Lucas got it wrong; Disney got it wrong; the animated series is all over the place;
    can there be peace?
    recommend: the Team give Maul the ability to snatch a blaster from a trooper's hands (which I know is crazy) - but it wouldn't be no different than a Noob dropping an Ion blaster in front of a Walker
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Sure but there is no game if someone's just takes fettt and flies onto a tower no one can get to. Or thy just spin attack all over a map as maul knowing they are hard to catch and the odds are the other target will get killed before that.

It's literally at a point where some maps are unplayable. If I see someone pick fett on kamino yavin or mos eisley I groan knowing there's a huge chance I'm looking at a hider.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    I cant hold myself here, are you serious?

Really? I obviously don’t think Maul should be removed, but I also don’t agree with anything else you said.

Maul is not easy to catch or take down if he’s running. He has the best mobility of anyone, with the exception of maybe Boba. He has the best dodge of anyone, with the exception of maybe Palpatine. He has the smallest hit box besides Yoda.

How is Maul easier to take down with the recent changes? He has everything I already mentioned plus the best saber tracking, and he is the only saber user who doesn’t run out of stamina. The changes were a buff to him and a nerf to all other saber users.

I’m not surprised that I disagree so much with what you said, because our experiences are apparently vastly different. I’d say that opponent Mauls run as the target with no intention of engaging a minimum of 75% of the time, regardless of what my team’s target is doing (my team never runs).

A running Maul is a frustration for even the best teams. The same can be said about Boba. Poor map design is also a problem, as it can greatly assist them with their cowardice tactics.

The answer is not to remove any character. The answer is to remove the target system. As a moderator, I hope you pass on the fact that many players have requested its removal.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Do you want to erase Maul because his spin attack?

No but im saying people use him now mostly to run and hide when they are target. Spin attack not being used as intended as it allows them to do that.

The mode sucks right now. And worse if you try to respAwn yourself you get stuck as the same character due to a glitch so you can't switch to say Finn until someone kills you... and even then lately I haven't been able to chance characters.
    Post edited by Rugbymaster1 on
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Carl wrote: »
    Almost every character has something about them you could complain about.

Luke? He runs too much and his force push is OP on certain maps.
    Yoda? His charged force push is too strong and he's too hard to shoot because of his size.
    Rey? Her Insight gives wallhacks and her not having stamina makes her OP.
    Finn? He is an aimbot.
    Han? His detonator deals too much damage.
    Leia? Too much flashbang.
    Chewie? His damage + stun is too much.
    Lando? His stun and auto-shooting thingy make him too strong.
    Vader? He has too much HP and his abilities are too strong.
    Kylo? His freeze lasts too long.
    Bossk? He deals too much damage.
    Boba? He can fly and run and hide too much.
    Iden? Her stun lasts too long.
    Phasma? Her turret's stun lasts too long.
    Maul? His spin makes him move too fast.

I don't agree with anything I just said, but I have heard all of the above.
    I’ll just keep this simple: You don’t think Kylo’s Freeze lasts too long?
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • No No No
  • No. Also Heroes v Villains does not need the target removed either.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • mastery0ta
    6071 posts Member
    GG. .
  • Dash
    11554 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    GG. .

f3ww76c869eb.gif

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• mastery0ta
    6071 posts Member
    Git gud
  • No. Also Heroes v Villains does not need the target removed either.

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Octavarius
    1107 posts Member
    Well this makes a change from the usual demands for more characters.
  • mastery0ta
    6071 posts Member
    Octavarius wrote: »
    Well this makes a change from the usual demands for more characters.

Lol
  • Look, HvV and the target system isn’t going anywhere. It’s way to popular and heavily played. Hero blast would be in addition to, not instead of, HvV.
  • Empire_TW
    5984 posts Member
    Maul can stay.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Change HvV from cat and mouse chases into TDM, and then you will fix the problem. The runners can still parkour to their hearts content if they so desire, while the rest of their team is slaughtered and they lose the match.
    [+3748 posts]
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Maul can stay.

People should strive to improve when getting beaten by a specific player or character, instead of just crying out "remove this, remove that". Maul is amazing to use and challenging to beat, but that's what's great about the game. So yes, he definitely should stay. Not that he'd be removed anyway, hahaha #gg

Yeah so it's not about getting good bro it's about what kind of game this has turned into. They should rename it hero chase and find.

Instead of "get good" why don't you challenge yourself? I'm guessing you play with the emperor a lot.
  • How about no
  • Look, HvV and the target system isn’t going anywhere. It’s way to popular and heavily played. Hero blast would be in addition to, not instead of, HvV.

Ird popular but it's coasting right now. Heavily played? Debatable... I see a lot of the same names on and sometimes it's hard to find more than a couple matches going at once.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    maul? One of the most balanced heroes in the game?
    Surely you jest

You can chase him down. It isn’t like he can fly to an unreachable part of the map or anything. Work together, corner him, stun him, shoot him, there are options.

You're assuming we are all part of a coordinated team instead of randoms who don't know how to play. Yes I've killed maul many times but lately I'm seeing more people selecting him for his ability to escape rather than engage. It's getting old and not fun.
  • I cant hold myself here, are you serious?

Wow even the mods are against this
    :D

So the mods are for taking defensive tactics when it's 4 v 1 yet presumably want saber stamina nerfed to heck so you can't defend yourself in that situation? Ummm... ok?
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Git gud

Git lost
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!