criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rey’s mind trick vs Boba jet pack

When I’m fifty feet in the air why does Rey STILL get me??? That should be wayyyyyyyyy to far for her to effect boba.

Replies

• Devlin21
    8320 posts Member
    No, lules repulse still hits him as well. The force doesnt care how high you are, as long as you're In the aoe.

keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• That’s a bit game breaking. May as well not even give jet packs out
  • Devlin21
    8320 posts Member
    That’s a bit game breaking. May as well not even give jet packs out

Poor thing, cant run away and hide when you're the target.

Having a jetpack doesn't mean you're invincible from everything.

Reys mindtrick is a non issue for boba.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Oh sarcastic **** acting like I’m a crying baby. I’m just saying when you’re flying across the map from your max height and get hit by mind trick is a little extreme.
  • I’m just saying there should be a height limit. If the force does go infinitely in front of you it shouldn’t go infinitely up as well. 10-12 feet up in the air is fair to get hit by force abilities. Not 40-50. I’m not talking about running away. I’m talking about when I’m already sky high in the map.
  • Landoluv
    93 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Y r ppl so bad at hvv?
    Its sooo annoying having crappy team mates
    Post edited by Landoluv on
  • I’ll also be pushed by Luke and Yodas force push at high heights. One game I literally kept getting knocked down while I was at least 30 feet in the air
    "My warning to you is this—do not rely on your companions to compensate for your weaknesses in skill. There will be times they will not be there to help you when needed."
  • I’ll also be pushed by Luke and Yodas force push at high heights. One game I literally kept getting knocked down while I was at least 30 feet in the air

That’s what I mean. I’d understand if it was like a cone of direction but a straight up infinitely is ridiculous. And I’m not just complaining because I’m bad at Hvv or run away because neither of those are the case. I’m just frustrated at a broken game mechanic. The jet pack in all the arial classes is supposed to make a combat more interesting and provide new tactics. This breaks jet packs. Plain and simple.
  • Devlin21
    8320 posts Member
    Its not a broken mechanic.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Its not a broken mechanic.

We can agree to disagree.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Let's remember to keep it civil, please.

giphy.gif
  • Landoluv wrote: »
    Y r ppl so bad at hvv?
    Its sooo annoying having **** team mates

So true. Rarely do i join a game where my team knows the basic strategy of stick together and fight as a team not split up and try to solo the entire opposing team whilst being the target.
  • That’s a bit game breaking. May as well not even give jet packs out

Boba Fett players like to camp up high where no other character can reach and they also like to cherry pick target kills.
  • Well it’s kind of character design. But I’m more referring to when you’re flying across the top of the map and get hit by mindtrick.
  • I don't think it is an issue, always when Rey hits me as Boba with the mind trick I use the jetpack to get higher so she can't attack me from the rear.