criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What do you think of this BP system? - Can it be improved?

Focus of BP system in GA game mode

In my opinion I believe many player like and want to become a Hero. And focus gettingenough points for that. Meanwhile for example, you could help/save your team form Defeat by choosing an other Class what could help better in the battle.

Also makes players waste many BPs in rounds... They saved up for a Hero but the round finished sooner for example. This im sure happens many times. If I knew a round was about the finish earlier I would have spend it on other (more helpful) Classes in that moment and use my BPs before the game ends!

What do you think and do you maybe have suggestions or improvement? Thanks.
wizr6jtwsac9.jpg
Priority list:

1. Fix Split Screen bugs and the rest
2. Improve Saber combat
3. Reduce the overly bright Saber/lights glow reflections (especially Yodas saber)
4. 91st Scout trooper for Assault
5. Max out Arcade maps Combat area
5. First Person only mode!

Replies

• And yes unbalanced officer class is an easy way to get many BPs quickly
    Priority list:

2. Improve Saber combat
    3. Reduce the overly bright Saber/lights glow reflections (especially Yodas saber)
  • rollind24
    4844 posts Member
    I’d like to see BP cost for everything increased across the board. It’s too easy to get anything you want in any match. I’d also like to see unused BPs converted into credits so that if they aren’t spent it doesn’t feel like your losing something you earned, doesn’t have to be a straight 1 for 1 conversion into credits either.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • duvelsuper
    1204 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I’d like to see BP cost for everything increased across the board. It’s too easy to get anything you want in any match. I’d also like to see unused BPs converted into credits so that if they aren’t spent it doesn’t feel like your losing something you earned, doesn’t have to be a straight 1 for 1 conversion into credits either.

An increase in BP should result in an increase in power for each vehicle, hero, reinforcement, etc
  • rollind24
    4844 posts Member
    duvelsuper wrote: »

An increase in BP should result in an increase in power for each vehicle, hero, reinforcement, etc

I wouldn’t be opppsed to that outright. I’d need more info. If the cost was only slightly increased but all the special units received substantial buffs then I would have to tap out of the idea.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • duvelsuper
    1204 posts Member

I wouldn’t be opppsed to that outright. I’d need more info. If the cost was only slightly increased but all the special units received substantial buffs then I would have to tap out of the idea.

Not doing so will promote survivalist over playing the game. One of the reasons BP dropped so much is because everyone was focusing on keeping their hero alive and staying in the back of the fight instead of pushing. Increasing the BP will simply put us back in that mentality. A cheap hero I will be more willing to risk knowing that I can probably get one more before the match ends. Increasing BP to where you can only get 1 hero per match then I will do everything in my power to keep that hero alive and not risk putting the hero in a dangerous situation which leads to focusing on myself instead of what the team needs.
  • Empire_TW
    4164 posts Member
    I think the BP system is good but the First Order is handicapped because only 2 heroes cost 6,000 and both of them are bad for GA. It is even worse when the Resistance get REY and many other heroes just for 6,000.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • rollind24
    4844 posts Member
    THE only thing I suggest per player. So they can't die as a hero and instantly respawn as one.

1st hero costs 6-8k BP

2nd hero costs 10-12k

3rd 14-16k

Interesting. I kind of like this.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • duvelsuper
    1204 posts Member
    THE only thing I suggest per player. So they can't die as a hero and instantly respawn as one.

1st hero costs 6-8k BP

2nd hero costs 10-12k

3rd 14-16k

BUMP! I agree.
  • rollind24
    4844 posts Member
    edited July 2018

1st hero costs 6-8k BP

2nd hero costs 10-12k

3rd 14-16k

BUMP! I agree.

Think this could be implemented with all special units? Hero’s/Aerials/Ground vehicles/Air vehicles/Enforcers?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    4844 posts Member
    Obviously not those same BP costs^
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • duvelsuper
    1204 posts Member

1st hero costs 6-8k BP

2nd hero costs 10-12k

3rd 14-16k

BUMP! I agree.

Think this could be implemented with all special units? Hero’s/Aerials/Ground vehicles/Air vehicles/Enforcers?

Yeah. Ships cost 1k-15k. Each time you die increase the cost of that ship by 200-500
  • duvelsuper wrote: »

Not really, many vehicles are not priced correctly and are even a bargain for what they offer.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    It could definitely use improvement but most changes that I can think of would do more harm then good.

Maybe “nerf” enforcers and aerials yet also decrease their Battlepoint cost in GA so we see more in Galactic Assault.
  • Also players in the Top 5 would get a BP start bonus in next match? Would that be cool or not.
    Priority list:

2. Improve Saber combat
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I don't know. It does always feel like a shame if you had enough BP to get a hero, maybe you were planning on respawn ing just before the final phase began so you could quickly choose one, but converting leftovers to credits? I don't think that's a great idea, even if it wasn't a straight 1:1 conversion. Sure, for score I think that should be how it's done, rather than time played topped with a performance garnish, but because you can influence how many BP you get using Star Cards (e.g. Bounty Hunter) and just by not spending them, people would end up with loads of credits (like more than some people have saved already, which is generally pretty high). I think the removal of the 2x BP multiplier has actually improved the game, as it means heroes aren't spammed quite as much and it feels like you have more chance to get a hero even if you don't use a specific grind build.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • rollind24
    4844 posts Member
    Also players in the Top 5 would get a BP start bonus in next match? Would that be cool or not.

Na, you lost me there. Doesn’t seem needed and I personally think the prevalence of hero’s in GA is too much. This would only make them appear quicker on the maps.
    #infantrylivesmatter