criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Turret Wars on the uptick?

Is it just me or are there more turrets recently in GA? I swear it's like hydra, cut off one and two more take it's place. Everywhere you run the lock on warning is popping up. Playing 1st phase of Takodana as FO and the strip to the right of the objective has 4-5 turrets, playing 1st phase of Crait as FO and I'm being shot at by 3 turrets while trying to get from tunnel exit to next trench, etc.

Where have my turret killing brethren gone? Have all the ion grenade users switched classes? I'd like to backtrack on the turret detonation damage nerf to give a little more downside to using the turrets. I'm not suggesting go back to the original damage but how about something in the middle?

Replies

• Look, I created a build that is anti turret and Extremely fun. My buddies and I had 0 lock ons on maps like Crait, Hoth, Naboo, or any large scale map. Some smaller tighter areas it's harder to keep clean and you can pop turrets as fast as they can put them down.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Look, I created a build that is anti turret and Extremely fun. My buddies and I had 0 lock ons on maps like Crait, Hoth, Naboo, or any large scale map. Some smaller tighter areas it's harder to keep clean and you can pop turrets as fast as they can put them down.
    Guessing your keeping that build a secret?
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • WodiQuix
    4202 posts Member
    A staple in my loadout is the Ion Grenade. I love using it! It makes the turrets a non-issue most of the time. Now if only my teammates would get out of the way when I throw my grenade at a pesky turret . . . :D
  • Empire_TW
    3836 posts Member
    Look, I created a build that is anti turret and Extremely fun. My buddies and I had 0 lock ons on maps like Crait, Hoth, Naboo, or any large scale map. Some smaller tighter areas it's harder to keep clean and you can pop turrets as fast as they can put them down.

Didn't get locked on to at all on the first phase of Crait because of this guy.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Is it just me or are there more turrets recently in GA? I swear it's like hydra, cut off one and two more take it's place. Everywhere you run the lock on warning is popping up. Playing 1st phase of Takodana as FO and the strip to the right of the objective has 4-5 turrets, playing 1st phase of Crait as FO and I'm being shot at by 3 turrets while trying to get from tunnel exit to next trench, etc.

Where have my turret killing brethren gone? Have all the ion grenade users switched classes? I'd like to backtrack on the turret detonation damage nerf to give a little more downside to using the turrets. I'm not suggesting go back to the original damage but how about something in the middle?
    Hail Hydra
    Sometimes I'll go anti-turret sniper on Crait P1, with the Disruptor NT-242, but it's always too tempting to just switch to the regular shots and rack up those kills (I'm a pretty good sniper if I do say so myself). If I'm defending, then I sometimes just use the Ion Torpedo and stick near a Recharge Command Officer, keep taking down those turrets, ATST's and TIEs, which is pretty effective.
    I think it does depend on the players in your lobby though. Sometimes you get an enemy team who all seem to use turrets, and none of your team use Ion weapons, and sometimes it's the other way round (or the enemy team uses turrets, but your team is too good at taking them down for them to be effective).
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF