criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

After Battlefield 5, Maybe The Devs Will Dive Back Into Making More DLC for BF2017

I really hope this is true, I think we've had our say about how we feel about certain aspects of the game but the devs over at Dice really do need our support. If something sucks, give them feedback, not just a rant about how much you hate life lol. But honestly, if you care about this product then keep sending out suggestions and feedback. I know it seems like the devs don't read anything here but its far from the truth. Let's go Dice, we're rooting for ya!

Replies

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Honestly I think that might be the case, which is such a good thing. I know currently it does feel like the dev team is just five people - tbh, at the moment I think that might be the case (not necessarily 5 people but a small team). But after (or even a little bit before) Battlefield V releases, I think the devs who were moved from Battlefront will be moved back, and in 2019 I think we might finally get that steady stream of live-service content that we've been promised for so long.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • WodiQuix
    4512 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    Honestly I think that might be the case, which is such a good thing. I know currently it does feel like the dev team is just five people - tbh, at the moment I think that might be the case (not necessarily 5 people but a small team). But after (or even a little bit before) Battlefield V releases, I think the devs who were moved from Battlefront will be moved back, and in 2019 I think we might finally get that steady stream of live-service content that we've been promised for so long.

I think and hope that is the case. And @IG88VSBossk , I agree with you 100%. Let's keep the suggestions positive and constructive, people!
  • DrX2345 wrote: »

Would explain why the main content on the roadmap seems to be coming in October / November after the release of Battlefield Royale.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Well that sound nice and believe me, I’m hoping with y’all. What I do know is it’s time for a new community transmission. It’s been a little quiet and we at least need some information about Sheev.
  • I doubt it will be just before. They will probably want "All Hands On Deck" even a couple weeks after launch. You can feel with Battlefield V they want to go "Toe to Toe" with all the fall releases and have this be the Battlefield that finally jumps COD for player count.

Even if it goes perfectly you might not see transition of developer assets until early November. If the developers do come back it's not like they just hop onto a terminal and start coding. They need to start allocating them into teams and projecting work flows so that all parts of projects come together roughly at the same time. Think of it like a kitchen... you want all parts of the meal plated at the same time, not one part of the dish getting cold waiting on others.

You're also dealing with human beings. You more than likely won't have teams of developers who just spent roughly a year burning the candle at both ends jumping straight into the fray again. DICE will probably give them some time off after project launch. Then you have the Holiday season in December. That's probably why they put "Winter" in the road map. I'm sure they'd like to have done around Christmas, but just in case if they have to launch "Winter Update" in January they're covered.
  • Also keep in mind they are definitely going to be putting a lot of work in "Customization MTX's" for Battlefield V. If you look at the variables for Customization it's pretty substantial... wish it was like that for SWBF2
    n755162fkxrg.jpg

They'll be working like crazy to fill an inventory for selling these points of Customization... and making them acceptable, eyepleasing, and unique to get that "Holiday Dollar" for the game.
  • I really hope this is true, I think we've had our say about how we feel about certain aspects of the game but the devs over at Dice really do need our support. If something sucks, give them feedback, not just a rant about how much you hate life lol. But honestly, if you care about this product then keep sending out suggestions and feedback. I know it seems like the devs don't read anything here but its far from the truth. Let's go Dice, we're rooting for ya!

Agreed. I have posted twice about this topic recently. Mostly in response to the Is Battlefront Dying? thread.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • WhiteMaceWindu69
    508 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Why would they move them back the BF2? Would make more sense to have them work on DLC for B5, and also other new content/ bug fixes, etc. This is easily the most optimistic fan base for a game I've ever seen.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Why would they move them back the BF2? Would make more sense to have them work on DLC for B5, and also other new content/ bug fixes, etc. This is easily the most optimistic fan base for a game I've ever seen.

I was thinking the same thing about developer realignment.
  • I agree with both @Darth_Vapor3 and @WhiteMaceWindu69 . At best you could maybe see 25-40 developers coming back.

However, Battlefield V takes off at launch... sells 16-18 Million copies... with an extremely active player count... EA/DICE isnt moving anyone. That's just bad business.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    We shall see....
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    BoothStick wrote: »
    Also keep in mind they are definitely going to be putting a lot of work in "Customization MTX's" for Battlefield V. If you look at the variables for Customization it's pretty substantial... wish it was like that for SWBF2
    n755162fkxrg.jpg

They'll be working like crazy to fill an inventory for selling these points of Customization... and making them acceptable, eyepleasing, and unique to get that "Holiday Dollar" for the game.
    Man, I wish we could get customisation like that for the Rebels and Resistance. Maybe we will at some point? They could potentially use the same system, because I'd love to be able to have a completely unique trooper outfit.

BoothStick wrote: »
    I agree with both @Darth_Vapor3 and @WhiteMaceWindu69 . At best you could maybe see 25-40 developers coming back.

However, Battlefield V takes off at launch... sells 16-18 Million copies... with an extremely active player count... EA/DICE isnt moving anyone. That's just bad business.
    They'll bring some back, obviously not the whole pre-launch team because they're not all needed, but they'll bring a fair few back. I'd guess that 25 is more than are currently working on Battlefront, but that's just based on updates we've been getting recently - quite a lot are probably working on Season 3 content (the heroes, Geonosis maps (Ben said its multi-level, so I'm assuming it's having at least two maps), Conquest, squad system, etc). And at the moment it does feel like the devs at least want to keep supporting the game for as long as possible, given the addition of Conquest, a highly replayable mode, and a new squad system, another reason why the Battlefield franchise has done so well. I feel like they wouldn't put the effort into making a big mode lie, Conquest and a new core mechanic if they knew for certain that the game wasn't going to be supported past early next year or something. Also, Dennis' comment at EA Play about 'starting the Clone Wars season with Geonosis' makes me feel like there's at least one more planet coming, and probably at least one more season.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Yeah @DrX2345 I'm right there with you. Battlefield V will probably make a small fortune with all those points of customization and it's a 1st person shooter.

Imagine that many points of customization for SWBF2 where it's pretty much a 3rd person shooter and a player could see them better. Just watch Rogue One... all of the different Customization in Saw's Partisans or the Rebel Task Force that went to Scariff.

DICE I'm telling you right now I will PRE ORDER this Rebel Skin for $20 if you tell me it's coming "Soon"... all the assets are in the game now... just need a paint job
    s4juy4zsti3q.png

Also DICE you go in Canon for Stormtrooper Customization with SCAR Squad/Task Force 99. Just grab little pieces to make them skins... they're practically already in trooper classes
    xyjqz996fzxc.png

• I really hope this is true, I think we've had our say about how we feel about certain aspects of the game but the devs over at Dice really do need our support. If something sucks, give them feedback, not just a rant about how much you hate life lol. But honestly, if you care about this product then keep sending out suggestions and feedback. I know it seems like the devs don't read anything here but its far from the truth. Let's go Dice, we're rooting for ya!

I hope it is so we could get mustafar with padme and jango season plus Ashoka and ventress on corusant season.