criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fixing with the stun system

I think the main issue with the stuns is the lack of break on hit for blasters. This is obvious but hasn't been addressed for some odd reason.

Saber attacks break stun, but blasters do not break stun. This is actually a game breaking exploit, which is relatively rarely brought up surprisly.

Also for characters that get frozen when stunning others (Vader's Choke) should be able to manually break out of it consistently.

Stuns are a fundamental part of the game, whether we like it or not. I doubt it will be removed. The best we can hope for is for it to be balanced-

Have the stuns break consitently on hit and the stun duration be far less.

hnytpwosbe30.png
∆^∆

Replies

• Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    Because its not an exploit.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• It definitely is.

Blasters should break stun on hit.

It is not consistent. It is unbalanced.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • moondynemc
    1976 posts Member
    It’s intended game design, not an exploit. Does it need reworking? Yes. Is it an exploit? Absolutely not.
  • It's news to me that this is an intended design, that makes this worse.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • johnmangala
    386 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Any hope in balancing the stun system?

Blasters should break stun on hit, and stun durations should be shorter.

More free flowing combat the better.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • Seastorm wrote: »
    Someone on the forum said that stuns should be broken when you take 200 damage or more. That could be a plausible solution

Not for iden so no terrible for her.
  • I agree, they need to be more balanced. It makes playing with lightsaber users tedious and down right horrifying when the other team has Chewbacca and Lando together. It's a questionable design choice especially since the block is now useless deflecting blasters and stuns from blaster heroes.
  • Deanna_Tamura
    317 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I agree that stuns need some work, like others already mentioned it is not a exploit tho, it works as intended.

For me the best solution would be if it breaks after a certain amount of damage taken, not on the first hit by a saber and never, until the time runs out, if hit with blasters. Lets say it would break after 200 damage from any source, then it would also be useful for Saber users, without being a instant death sentence for Heros.

If it would be broken on the first shot with a blaster, it would need a lot of work on the weapons and abilities of some of Heros, especially Lando sadly has to rely on it to some extend.
    People would just stun someone and run away if it indeed would break on the first shot, to avoid the following saber smash and death. Even Iden would run into trouble if her stun breaks with the first shot, her gun does decent damage over time, but not enough to leave her much chance if a enemy Hero can close on her instantly after her first shot.
  • As many of us have suggested. Break on 200 damage from ANY source. CC fixed, BUTTTTTTTTTTT

Some things like Lando's NightSniper would need a slight buff. As the CC is a crutch for the character. A SLIGHT buff would be needed.

"I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • EventHorizionOH
    1157 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I also suggest a fix to the staggering system. It's just plain RNGish and bad game design.

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • moltentown
    198 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Exactly. That's what balance should do, give the attacker an opportunity but not be a death sentence to the opponent. I think a damage cap relative to the character (a larger damage cap for blasters, and lower for lightsabers as they tend to clip players) would make stuns better.

I don't mind the idea of stuns and used to use them a fair amount, but when they gave a large advantage towards a set of characters, it can get frustrating and create rage quiting or a disdain for using X character. What better example than Vader's chock hold, which is a stun also, that is now an invitation to be shot down.

And regarding Lando, he doesn't have to rely so heavily so heavily on his stun bomb nor Chewbacca. Lando's special target shooting (forgot the name) saved my skin more often and Chewie's slam has a similar effect without being abusive.
    Edit: Iden also had a great secondary fire and good evasion. I usually fail at her stuns, but that's my failing and not hers. I don't think she has to depend on it so much either.
  • moltentown wrote: »
    And regarding Lando, he doesn't have to rely so heavily so heavily on his stun bomb nor Chewbacca. Lando's special target shooting (forgot the name) saved my skin more often and Chewie's slam has a similar effect without being abusive.

Sharpshot.

When I mean a slight buff I am talking about 2-3 or 4 damage per shot. Some people out there think Lando is garbage without his stun. He is not on both PC and Console.

The issue - Many think characters are balanced because they are over-powered. Lando killing you within his CC is overpowered, not balanced. BUT he would suffer the most from any CC limit breaking. Which is why I suggest a slight buff to him nightsniper, and i would even go as far as saying his smoke removes the ability to run, but then in turn his smoke would need a slight nerf on duration.

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • For heroes, release on damage (200 dmg sounds ideal but could be buggy).
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
    Edit: Iden also had a great secondary fire and good evasion. I usually fail at her stuns, but that's my failing and not hers. I don't think she has to depend on it so much either.

I agree, i just think that ALL abilities should be useful without being overpowered, i am not a huge fan of stuns too, but we got them and need to live them, i doubt they will removed and reworked into something different, so i think having a damage cap after you are free from the stun would be best. Maybe the time you are stunned in some cases like Kylo's freeze could be reduced too if you are not hit by anything, just standing their frozen and watching the action around you for several seconds isn't much fun either.

Sharpshot.

When I mean a slight buff I am talking about 2-3 or 4 damage per shot. Some people out there think Lando is garbage without his stun. He is not on both PC and Console.

The issue - Many think characters are balanced because they are over-powered. Lando killing you within his CC is overpowered, not balanced. BUT he would suffer the most from any CC limit breaking. Which is why I suggest a slight buff to him nightsniper, and i would even go as far as saying his smoke removes the ability to run, but then in turn his smoke would need a slight nerf on duration.

I think his sharpshot is fine with the adequate star cards. As for a damage boost, I would say maybe but he can be abusive with it already. his smoke bomb does nothing for me. I know it cuts tracking, but I could do without it. It should do like Leia's which is blind the person inside the cloud.

Usually, when people say a character is terrible or overpowered it is because they don't know how to use them or play against. For example, I am worthless with Bobba and some players just use him to flee. But a good player can make Bobba the VIP of the game. I've seen some bash Leia, but she's among the best in my experience using her. As for overpowered, I genuinely think no character is overpowered. It depends heavily on the player. Even the emperor (the most controversial) wasn't that big of a deal, he just needed a strategy, in my opinion. However, stuns make me question my own statement there.

• Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    moltentown wrote: »

Sharpshot.

He needs hok as well.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

Sharpshot.

He needs hok as well.

HOK should be baselines with everyone getting 15-20 kill for trooper and 35-50 HOK for heroes. Cards should then enhance this.

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Devlin21
    8279 posts Member

Sharpshot.

He needs hok as well.

HOK should be baselines with everyone getting 15-20 kill for trooper and 35-50 HOK for heroes. Cards should then enhance this.

I wish, Guillaume said no since it's easier to track with a card.

I wish he had his PowerShot back though. That was a good ability.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Sabers break stun because they basically stunlock you with hits anyway. If blasters had the same feature of staggering you every 100hp or so, I might be inclined to agree, but saber characters are already EZ mode (sans against Chewie, who is just straight up broken) and this would make it even worse. Stuns are a necessary evil (esp for Lando, who's whole game is his disabler).

9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Sabers break stun because they basically stunlock you with hits anyway. If blasters had the same feature of staggering you every 100hp or so, I might be inclined to agree, but saber characters are already EZ mode (sans against Chewie, who is just straight up broken) and this would make it even worse. Stuns are a necessary evil (esp for Lando, who's whole game is his disabler).
    One thing you haven't considered is our own blaster heroes can be in the crosshair as the unintended consequence.

Blaster heroes haven't got frozen or stunned and then shot at till death?

I agree removing the stagger from saber attacks would be preferred. Heavy attacks should cause a stagger or well timed block. Or add a stagger to blaster shots, either way it should be consistent and balanced.

I don't mind the possibility of damage limit stun break. Or all attacks break stun on hit. It should be consistent.

hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆

Sharpshot.

He needs hok as well.

I wish, Guillaume said no since it's easier to track with a card.

I wish he had his PowerShot back though. That was a good ability.

That sums it up. Said no because it's not easy. No wonder the chars are absolutely broken.

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Juice
    35 posts Member

I agree, i just think that ALL abilities should be useful without being overpowered, i am not a huge fan of stuns too, but we got them and need to live them, i doubt they will removed and reworked into something different, so i think having a damage cap after you are free from the stun would be best. Maybe the time you are stunned in some cases like Kylo's freeze could be reduced too if you are not hit by anything, just standing their frozen and watching the action around you for several seconds isn't much fun either.

Thats the point of his stun to give him time attack or based on the situation, flee from danger, thats the thing i like about the star cards, on the upgrade, determine s how long ur stunned. My question is when ur a player, like kylo etc. Is the opponent supposed to still be able to shoot u while being stunned or is that an exploit.
  • Juice wrote: »

Thats the point of his stun to give him time attack or based on the situation, flee from danger, thats the thing i like about the star cards, on the upgrade, determine s how long ur stunned. My question is when ur a player, like kylo etc. Is the opponent supposed to still be able to shoot u while being stunned or is that an exploit.

If you mean the oppoent still being able to shoot despite being stunned, then that is a bug. It should be removed soon.

hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    Juice wrote: »

If you mean the oppoent still being able to shoot despite being stunned, then that is a bug. It should be removed soon.

you mean Soon™
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Arguably the worst stun is Kylo's, just because of its duration and that it doesn't break u til the duration ends or he damages the frozen player. Then, even if by some miracle the player is still alive in HvV, they're then disabled for another few moments as they drop to the ground and stand up. Often if you're frozen from behind it ends up a death sentence. It needs an overall duration nerf, and I think stuns all need some sort of damage cap where once the threshold is reached, they are released. What this threshold should be I think should vary from ability to ability - maybe stunning devices (on blaster heroes) have a slightly higher threshold, and force stuns (especially the ones that drop you to the ground) should have a relatively low threshold, such as Freeze.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF