criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Played this game since launch, can’t play at all now

First, before I get started on this post, this isn’t meant to be super negative, I love this game, and I love Star Wars. But this last patch broke the game for me on PS4

I can’t connect to games at all, and always end in empty lobbies. And before you ask, yes, I have tried the ping fixes and reinstalling the game, to no avail

Even went to the trouble of updating my connection settings since i’ve had nat issues for awhile, still can’t connect to a game

I have no issues in Battlefield 4, a game by the same developer thats several years old. So it begs the question: Why bother putting out patches if you can’t proceed to break everything and force us to wait a month for the next patch to hopefully fix it?

Again, I want to play this game, its a great game. But its getting aggravating with this constant stream of game breaking bugs that every patch brings

Replies

• Sorry to hear you’re having difficulties. Have you reached out to EA support and if so what did they say/do?
    #StarWars-y
  • Sorry to hear you’re having difficulties. Have you reached out to EA support and if so what did they say/do?

I haven’t yet but judging from the posts on the EA help page, they’re as stumped as we are

• Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    First, before I get started on this post, this isn’t meant to be super negative, I love this game, and I love Star Wars. But this last patch broke the game for me on PS4

I can’t connect to games at all, and always end in empty lobbies. And before you ask, yes, I have tried the ping fixes and reinstalling the game, to no avail

Even went to the trouble of updating my connection settings since i’ve had nat issues for awhile, still can’t connect to a game

I have no issues in Battlefield 4, a game by the same developer thats several years old. So it begs the question: Why bother putting out patches if you can’t proceed to break everything and force us to wait a month for the next patch to hopefully fix it?

Again, I want to play this game, its a great game. But its getting aggravating with this constant stream of game breaking bugs that every patch brings

You're not alone. Not saying people don't deserve to go on vacation, and I hope the employees at DICE/EA are able to balance work/life, sincerely.

However, releasing a patch that has resulted in Killswitching one of your game's most iconic Villains, making game-changing saber-stamina alterations that no one was requesting, and as you point out, and QUITE LITERALLY, making the game utterly unplayable due to their faulty ping-site/empty lobby situation is deplorable at best. This is an overnight, all-hands on deck, 5-alarm, red-alert situation that needs fixing three weeks ago.

In all seriousness, EA/DICE owes those that are paying for PS+ a refund for the duration of their ping-site situation. Unless they have some sort of out/no fault clause in their contract stipulating that their own failure to provide online-services is not their fault :(

Honestly, what it shows you is how strong and vibrant the Star Wars community is; that a game so terribly cared for is still alive and well (despite all the "dying" threads). Let it be known though, it is the Star Wars community keeping the game alive despite all the destructive patches released one after the other. Most devastating bugs from release are still present and appear that they will never see a remedy (e.g., Vader choke bugs, Force ability bugs, etc.).

I'm glad @F8RGE takes such pride in his efforts because they are well-deserved, and we need someone to fight our battles at the corporate level. But his hands are beyond tied with all the b to the s that we have no comprehension of.

Last, the DICE-version of this game for testing is absolutely NOT cutting it. All future testing needs to be done on the client side - there is nothing more imperative for the future of this game.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you’re having difficulties. Have you reached out to EA support and if so what did they say/do?

I haven’t yet but judging from the posts on the EA help page, they’re as stumped as we are

Well if you love playing this game as much as I do then I’d be on the support line to see what’s happening and see if they can get it fixed so you can start playing again.
    Good luck.
    #StarWars-y
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member

Also, I know you said you tried the ping-site issue fixes. But I tried a slightly different approach, and it genuinely worked for me - hope it works for you as well, friend.

F8RGE wrote: »
    As a work around for the pingsite issue, here's some thoughts / clearer directions from one of our SE's who's been working on it:
    "Go into the EA account menu, pick the pingsite you want and then exit the menu. Then disconnect and reconnect. And after that stay away from that menu unless they need to really need to change some settings there or read the documents."
    PS4 Users: I've just had success going to the EA account menu, but instead of picking the pingsite you want, restore to default (triangle). Exit the EA account menu, and back out to your PS4 home screen and into settings > Network > uncheck your connect to the internet box, wait a few seconds, check it back on, and then head back into the BF game. You should get the pop up that you're offline and need to reconnect, do so, and DO NOT go back into the EA account menu.
    After this, I found a GA match, and HvV match back to back, full lobbies.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

• Han_Spinel wrote: »

Also, I know you said you tried the ping-site issue fixes. But I tried a slightly different approach, and it genuinely worked for me - hope it works for you as well, friend.

As a work around for the pingsite issue, here's some thoughts / clearer directions from one of our SE's who's been working on it:
    "Go into the EA account menu, pick the pingsite you want and then exit the menu. Then disconnect and reconnect. And after that stay away from that menu unless they need to really need to change some settings there or read the documents."
    PS4 Users: I've just had success going to the EA account menu, but instead of picking the pingsite you want, restore to default (triangle). Exit the EA account menu, and back out to your PS4 home screen and into settings > Network > uncheck your connect to the internet box, wait a few seconds, check it back on, and then head back into the BF game. You should get the pop up that you're offline and need to reconnect, do so, and DO NOT go back into the EA account menu.

I was finally able to connect doing this

Still think its asinine for us to have to jump through hoops like this, and the fact the devs have been completely silent for several weeks

• Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    Han_Spinel wrote: »

I was finally able to connect doing this

Still think its asinine for us to have to jump through hoops like this, and the fact the devs have been completely silent for several weeks

Agreed. Glad it helped you though! May the Force be with you

• Well, through the latest update, they fixed the ping issues. They fixed mine at least. If it’s not working, then ur game is poop and broke. Come on man! It’s EA! What were you gonna think? That the game will be a massive success?? I’m sorry man, they fixed the ping issues, but if it’s not working, then it’s too bad. If you live on the East, stay connected to Virginia.
  • Is a joke