criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Iden Versio is OP.

Prev1
GGAMA92
79 posts Member
Title says it all. This needs to be fixed somehow. Probably make her gun heat faster.

Replies

• Clone201
    3697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    EDIT

I don't find her weapon's machine gun fire to be much better than when a Heavy uses, if you're referring to that. The two models in comparison have the same damage, cooling power (with increased cooling and without cooled blaster for Iden), rate of fire, and damage drop, only difference / contrast being bolt spread differences. I wouldn't want to see that nerfed.

Only problems are stun droid and maybe SF spam + shield durability imo in HvV.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Dash
    11566 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    OP I don’t think it’s her gun not overheating fast enough that caused you to die. She has a card that helps her cooldown her custom TL-50. That’s how fast it already overheats as is. Not to mention she can be demolished if you bait her stun.

Now if you keep getting caught in the stun, then yeah, you’re dead and had that coming. That’s her “Thing”. Stun drop people. Like Chewie.... so yeah.

Try learning how to counter her, and practice baiting enemies into using their trump abilities. I Promise you’ll be SMOKING Idens Soon enough with time/experience.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    She not OP, but she v. Good.

V. Good.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Empire_TW
    6055 posts Member
    Her shield without cards should be nerfed or be more susceptible to hero damage/abilites, the droid batteries card needs to be fixed (it is not working correctly), secondary fire needs to do less damage to heroes, her stun droid should be like force push or force choke to where if you use it and there is not target it still gets spent, and her stun droid shouldn't follow people out of it's area of effect.

Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • mastery0ta
    6087 posts Member
    She OP my <3
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Her shield without cards should be nerfed or be more susceptible to hero damage/abilites, the droid batteries card needs to be fixed (it is not working correctly), secondary fire needs to do less damage to heroes, her stun droid should be like force push or force choke to where if you use it and there is not target it still gets spent, and her stun droid shouldn't follow people out of it's area of effect.

AND YOU shouldn't be able to spam Stun until a target is in rage.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Defbored
    1236 posts Member
    Why are so many people mad at iden? She is super fun to use.

• Empire_TW
    6055 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

But I like the windshield wiper sound effects :'( :'( :'( :'(
    I agree though
    Defbored wrote: »

She is too good against heroes.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Defbored
    1236 posts Member

I agree though

No way. I'll chase her down with a saber hero every time.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member

I agree though

Yeah, but a good Iden is not to be trifled with.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

• Defbored
    1236 posts Member
    Han_Spinel wrote: »

I agree though

Yeah, but a good Iden is not to be trifled with.

Agreed 100%. But I've got my *** whooped too. But you said the magic words, "a good iden."

No need to punish good players.
  • GGAMA92
    79 posts Member
    I've read all your post and i got your point. I am referring to her stun droid. You got in her stun you can't get out and you're dead.
  • Defbored
    1236 posts Member
    GGAMA92 wrote: »
    I've read all your post and i got your point. I am referring to her stun droid. You got in her stun you can't get out and you're dead.

They already nerfed it. Before the nerf, its was pretty nuts. It's fine now.
  • Empire_TW
    6055 posts Member

I agree though

Killing saber users is very easy. Considering how hard she is to hit when she rolls, the stun droids range, how fast it recharges, how easy it is to use, how it gives health, how fast the time to kill her TL50 is, and the damage and the large area of effect her alternative fire has saber users are very easy to kill.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Clone201
    3697 posts Member

I agree though

Killing saber users is very easy. Considering how hard she is to hit when she rolls, the stun droids range, how fast it recharges, how easy it is to use, how it gives health, how fast the time to kill her TL50 is, and the damage and the large area of effect her alternative fire has saber users are very easy to kill.

Except Yoda, but yes they're easy enough. Just don't get caught off guard.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • d0kRX
    1407 posts Member
    @GGAMA92 awesome thanks for the info, I usually comb the forum watching for posts about what's OP so I can exploit it in-game. :smiley:
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Defbored
    1236 posts Member

I agree though

I **** on iden player as a saber user. And vice versa. Doesnt make her op.
  • Catching Iden almost always ends badly. She does a ton of damage but isn't hard to take down once cornered.
  • NomiSunstrider
    2332 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Title says it all. This needs to be fixed somehow. Probably make her gun heat faster.

Her gun heats fast. That's why I use the card that lowers heat generation on her TL-50.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

They already nerfed it. Before the nerf, its was pretty nuts. It's fine now.

No, it’s not.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

Her gun heats fast. That's why I use the card that lowers heat generation on her TL-50.

That card is bugged.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

That card is bugged.

It wouldn't surprise me.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »

That card is bugged.

It wouldn't surprise me.

When you cool it in the yellow it doesn’t work right. It functions as if you just did a regular cool, if that makes sense.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

That card is bugged.

It wouldn't surprise me.

When you cool it in the yellow it doesn’t work right. It functions as if you just did a regular cool, if that makes sense.

It does. I guess I'll cool it In the blue one or do a regular cooling.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Empire_TW
    6055 posts Member

That card is bugged.

It wouldn't surprise me.

I just wouldn't use that card tbh, alternative methods is much better and once you time when to use it the results are much more deadly then the standard TL50 fire not building up as much heat.
    Not that I would know anything about playing as Iden.
    hojevrxvarht.png

That card is bugged.

It wouldn't surprise me.

I just wouldn't use that card tbh, alternative methods is much better and once you time when to use it the results are much more deadly then the standard TL50 fire not building up as much heat.
    Not that I would know anything about playing as Iden.

I only use alternative methods for GA.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• TheScape
    2207 posts Member

I wouldn't change that. It's her thing, like Lando's stun can be triggered "whenever you want", Chewie's is an AoE centered on the explosion and Kylo's/Palpatine's stuns are a cone in front of them that work like any force ability. It is also coherent with her Campaign character.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Being good in the right hands does not make things OP. Being killed by them also does not make them OP
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    She's very powerful in her own right, but I don't think she's overpowered. If anything, I think all heroes should be as powerful and effective as Iden. I hear a lot about her stun droid being too effective, and yet Lando and Chewie's stuns last longer. Lando and Chewie stunning you is exactly the same as Iden stunning you, except Iden's stun droid can be blocked or dodged, whereas Lando's and Chewie's stun abilities cannot.

Her blaster is top tier, but has no fine aim. Her pulse cannon requires a lot of precision and is a high-risk, high-reward ability. I think that sums up Iden overall: she's powerful, but easily overwhelmed against numbers and you have to tread carefully against those who have more firepower such as Han and Chewie.

You also don't think Boba and BEYOND BALANCED BOSSK are overpowered.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

I agree with everything here, particularly with fixing her droid batteries card and exhausting her stun ability like Force push/choke.

I still think I disagree that she is OP, however (I don’t think you’ve said that she is OP, but I’m quoting you since you’ve played her more thaN anyone else I know, and would be able to convince me if what I’m about to suggest is wrong). The reason being is that when I’m playing as Chewbacca for instance, I have the ability to almost 1v4 a team with a well-placed stun and FB, but cannot do the same with Iden.

I concede that she is just as effective as Chewbacca at going 1v1 with any Hero, however, but you have to be a v. Good Iden player to maneuver your way in a 1v1 against another good saber or blaster Hero; which is not so much the case with Chewie as he allows for a lesser skilled player to be just as effective IMO.

So while I agree that her abilities are not functioning properly, her shield should not be all-protective, and her alt fire could see a Damage reduction to Heroes (definitely NOT infantry), I feel that she is among the best of the Villains not OP.

For the record, I feel that Bossk is OP, and Boba Fett is not (Boba Fett requires more skill to dominate opposition than Bossk IMO, though I think Boba’s Rocket barrage could see a slight reduction in damage against Heroes, adding value to use his increased rocket damage card purpled out).

• lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Octavarius wrote: »
    Being good in the right hands does not make things OP. Being killed by them also does not make them OP

Being easy-to-use with skill-less, virtual OHK abilities makes things OP. That makes Iden Versio OP.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
    Being good in the right hands does not make things OP. Being killed by them also does not make them OP

Being easy-to-use with skill-less, virtual OHK abilities makes things OP. That makes Iden Versio OP.

What do you think about Iden relative to Chewie though? I agree that Iden is too powerful 1v1 with her stun and blaster, but Chewie seems to allow for less skill yet more deadly outcomes than Iden.

So, from my perspective I would put Chewie and FB into the OP category above Iden, no?

• lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

What do you think about Iden relative to Chewie though? I agree that Iden is too powerful 1v1 with her stun and blaster, but Chewie seems to allow for less skill yet more deadly outcomes than Iden.

So, from my perspective I would put Chewie and FB into the OP category above Iden, no?

Chewie is certainly stronger, but that doesn't make Iden not OP. At least his grenade requires a little bit of aim, whereas Iden's shock is 100% skill-less.

Chewie definitely needs a nerf, but so do about seven Dark Side characters.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member

Chewie is certainly stronger, but that doesn't make Iden not OP. At least his grenade requires a little bit of aim, whereas Iden's shock is 100% skill-less.

Yes ok, I’m with you. I’m going to redefine my internal OP meter.

Chewie and FB is currently OP: FB needs a Heroes only damage reduction (stays the same against infantry)

Iden and her stun droid are STILL OP: needs to exhaust even if there are no targets, and the recharge rate should be fixed to align more with Chewie’s grenades perhaps?

Bossk is OP, and I shouldn’t even have to go into it.

Boba Fett is OP in the sense that his rocket barrage needs a bit of a nerf to heroes.

Won’t get into Vader or Kylo’s freeze here, but for those keeping track I’ve only mentioned one Lightside Hero as needing a nerf.

“Is the Darkside stronger?”
    “No. No. No. Unless we’re talking about SWBF2017....”

• Iden is one of the most balanced characters in the game. Her shield is pointless against lightsabers and bowcasters. She gets health on stun (with the star card) so she can't spam her alternate fire to regain health. Her stun can destroy heroes but it takes good aim and precise timing with the droid. She's easy to kill if the her player isn't good at dodging. Nothing about her should be changed.

Maul? A nerf? Maul can't go toe to toe with a good Rey, Lando, Chewie of course, or even Finn. He's the most balanced hero in the game in my opinion, and some people want to make him stronger with a block.

"Never tell me the odds!"
  • Empire_TW
    6055 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »

I wouldn't change that. It's her thing, like Lando's stun can be triggered "whenever you want", Chewie's is an AoE centered on the explosion and Kylo's/Palpatine's stuns are a cone in front of them that work like any force ability. It is also coherent with her Campaign character.

Well technically the droid isn't really her thing,
    It is Del's
    . The recharge on it is so fast, there isn't much indication when it will be used, and it chasing after people out of it's area of effect make it too much when I play as her. Lando has full control of his stun but his gun is not as good as Iden's TL50, nor does his recharge so fast.

I agree with everything here, particularly with fixing her droid batteries card and exhausting her stun ability like Force push/choke.

I still think I disagree that she is OP, however (I don’t think you’ve said that she is OP, but I’m quoting you since you’ve played her more thaN anyone else I know, and would be able to convince me if what I’m about to suggest is wrong). The reason being is that when I’m playing as Chewbacca for instance, I have the ability to almost 1v4 a team with a well-placed stun and FB, but cannot do the same with Iden.

I concede that she is just as effective as Chewbacca at going 1v1 with any Hero, however, but you have to be a v. Good Iden player to maneuver your way in a 1v1 against another good saber or blaster Hero; which is not so much the case with Chewie as he allows for a lesser skilled player to be just as effective IMO.

So while I agree that her abilities are not functioning properly, her shield should not be all-protective, and her alt fire could see a Damage reduction to Heroes (definitely NOT infantry), I feel that she is among the best of the Villains not OP.

For the record, I feel that Bossk is OP, and Boba Fett is not (Boba Fett requires more skill to dominate opposition than Bossk IMO, though I think Boba’s Rocket barrage could see a slight reduction in damage against Heroes, adding value to use his increased rocket damage card purpled out).

She is too good atm, she was actually pretty good in HvV when the game first came out. Great considering how none of her abilities were really worth using. She was just roll around, shoot, and secondarying people and it worked quite well for her. Now she has all these buffs and it put her over the top in HvV.

She is bae and I love her but game balance comes first.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member

It is Del's
    . The recharge on it is so fast, there isn't much indication when it will be used, and it chasing after people out of it's area of effect make it too much when I play as her. Lando has full control of his stun but his gun is not as good as Iden's TL50, nor does his recharge so fast.

She is too good atm, she was actually pretty good in HvV when the game first came out. Great considering how none of her abilities were really worth using. She was just roll around, shoot, and secondarying people and it worked quite well for her. Now she has all these buffs and it put her over the top in HvV.

She is bae and I love her but game balance comes first.

I'm seeing the light now. I agree that she is too much, and her stun droid requires no skill, and recharges way too fast (and also doesn't exhaust if there is no viable target).

• Iden is easy to kill. Shes only good if she has a team behind her. If she's alone shes dead, unless shes a coward puts on the shield and run away.
  • Iden is not over powered per se, but she has too much utility. Stuns / Explosives / Shield / accurate weapon make her a bit much for players with good aim. Yoda is a PITA up close but that is really the only thing I find that significantly challenges her. Her TL50/AF I think are in a good place, only being ridiculous if the player can land headshots, or can aim the mortar which is fair.

The shield can negate all LS blaster heroes but Chewbacca and Han from doing damage, which combined with the broken droid recharge card you can wait for a stun while building your opponents weapon heat. Chewbacca will do explosive damage through the shield, Han will do burst damage with possible knockdown. Leia/Finn/Lando/Han will just sit there building up weapon heat while the shield will protect Iden until the extremely quick stun cooldown is ready. The shield will not break under fire from a single Hero before overheating their weapon which is a bit strong.

Most people hate the stuns, correcting the droid recharge card will tone down the stun spam, and/or make it so pressing droid stun will exhaust the ability will probably sort her out for most people. Personally I would also tone down her shield hp a tad. I make many bad engagements favourable by simply using the shield and waiting for the cooldown or the enemy to go on cooldown flush.
  • TheScape
    2207 posts Member

It is Del's

Come on... You know what I mean. We both have played the campaign, and the droid is there for her on the ground missions (you even control it for the tutorial mission). Sure, it still doesn't work the same (insta-death for the enemies and it doesn't recharge with time), but the "auto-tracking" part is there in the Campaign. Also, by her thing I meant that it is what makes her stun different. I am sure we can agree that it is not a bad thing to make each of these abilities unique. I can agree with you about chasing people outside of its area of effect. If the other player manages to escape of its "radar" count it as a well timed dodge.

I didn't say anything about the recharge. I actually have agreed a few times on other topis about Droid Batteries being too good. I am ok with it having a longer cooldown.

May your heart be your guiding key.
  • The only thing I would suggest changing on Iden is that when you activate her droid and ‘miss’, meaning no one is in its range, then it actually activates and starts the cooldown, like all other hero abilities. Vader’s choke or Lando’s sharp shot for example.
  • The only thing I would suggest changing on Iden is that when you activate her droid and ‘miss’, meaning no one is in its range, then it actually activates and starts the cooldown, like all other hero abilities. Vader’s choke or Lando’s sharp shot for example.

This is reasonable. I think it's strange that I'll misclick any other hero/villian and I deal with the consequences but I can spam LB until someone is locked on without any consequences. Good call out!
  • bfloo
    14972 posts Member
    Phasma's droid is worse than Iden's.

At least Iden's doesn't stun me, then start shooting at me on top of it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

This is reasonable. I think it's strange that I'll misclick any other hero/villian and I deal with the consequences but I can spam LB until someone is locked on without any consequences. Good call out!

Right. Whatever the thought was behind it, she’s clearly strong enough to not need this handicap(for lack of a better word).
  • unit900000
    3133 posts Member
    only thing im fine with is any bug fixes to her cards yall have talked about and making it so her stun droid goes on recharge if no one is in range when you use it otherwise I think shes fine besides maybe a small pulse canon buff.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!