criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Iden Versio is OP.

2Next

Replies

• Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    only thing im fine with is any bug fixes to her cards yall have talked about and making it so her stun droid goes on recharge if no one is in range when you use it otherwise I think shes fine besides maybe a small pulse canon buff.

If my changes should be made, it should to her pulse canon. That thing sucks.
  • Iden is one of the most balanced characters in the game. Her shield is pointless against lightsabers and bowcasters. She gets health on stun (with the star card) so she can't spam her alternate fire to regain health. Her stun can destroy heroes but it takes good aim and precise timing with the droid. She's easy to kill if the her player isn't good at dodging. Nothing about her should be changed.

You must use her a lot that's your crutch. Bowcaster have no affect on her shield. Just played hero showdown and tanked fb with no star cards enhancing it. In galactic assault she's balanced. In hero's she pops her invincible shield toward blaster hero's until she can stun them
  • Iden is not over powered per se, but she has too much utility. Stuns / Explosives / Shield / accurate weapon make her a bit much for players with good aim. Yoda is a PITA up close but that is really the only thing I find that significantly challenges her. Her TL50/AF I think are in a good place, only being ridiculous if the player can land headshots, or can aim the mortar which is fair.

The shield can negate all LS blaster heroes but Chewbacca and Han from doing damage, which combined with the broken droid recharge card you can wait for a stun while building your opponents weapon heat. Chewbacca will do explosive damage through the shield, Han will do burst damage with possible knockdown. Leia/Finn/Lando/Han will just sit there building up weapon heat while the shield will protect Iden until the extremely quick stun cooldown is ready. The shield will not break under fire from a single Hero before overheating their weapon which is a bit strong.

Most people hate the stuns, correcting the droid recharge card will tone down the stun spam, and/or make it so pressing droid stun will exhaust the ability will probably sort her out for most people. Personally I would also tone down her shield hp a tad. I make many bad engagements favourable by simply using the shield and waiting for the cooldown or the enemy to go on cooldown flush.

You haven't played the game in a while have You? Nothing penetrates her shield besides sabers. Explosive damage?? She doesn't take any
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Han_Spinel wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Octavarius wrote: »
    Being good in the right hands does not make things OP. Being killed by them also does not make them OP

Being easy-to-use with skill-less, virtual OHK abilities makes things OP. That makes Iden Versio OP.

What do you think about Iden relative to Chewie though? I agree that Iden is too powerful 1v1 with her stun and blaster, but Chewie seems to allow for less skill yet more deadly outcomes than Iden.

So, from my perspective I would put Chewie and FB into the OP category above Iden, no?

Chewie is certainly stronger, but that doesn't make Iden not OP. At least his grenade requires a little bit of aim, whereas Iden's shock is 100% skill-less.

Chewie definitely needs a nerf, but so do about seven Dark Side characters.

They cant be nerfed till we get separate balancing between modes.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Iden is not over powered per se, but she has too much utility. Stuns / Explosives / Shield / accurate weapon make her a bit much for players with good aim. Yoda is a PITA up close but that is really the only thing I find that significantly challenges her. Her TL50/AF I think are in a good place, only being ridiculous if the player can land headshots, or can aim the mortar which is fair.

The shield can negate all LS blaster heroes but Chewbacca and Han from doing damage, which combined with the broken droid recharge card you can wait for a stun while building your opponents weapon heat. Chewbacca will do explosive damage through the shield, Han will do burst damage with possible knockdown. Leia/Finn/Lando/Han will just sit there building up weapon heat while the shield will protect Iden until the extremely quick stun cooldown is ready. The shield will not break under fire from a single Hero before overheating their weapon which is a bit strong.

Most people hate the stuns, correcting the droid recharge card will tone down the stun spam, and/or make it so pressing droid stun will exhaust the ability will probably sort her out for most people. Personally I would also tone down her shield hp a tad. I make many bad engagements favourable by simply using the shield and waiting for the cooldown or the enemy to go on cooldown flush.

You haven't played the game in a while have You? Nothing penetrates her shield besides sabers. Explosive damage?? She doesn't take any

just stop. she definitely takes explosive damage. post of a video of her standing near a thermal imploder with her shield active and the absence of damage you claim.

you won't though...
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Iden is not over powered per se, but she has too much utility. Stuns / Explosives / Shield / accurate weapon make her a bit much for players with good aim. Yoda is a PITA up close but that is really the only thing I find that significantly challenges her. Her TL50/AF I think are in a good place, only being ridiculous if the player can land headshots, or can aim the mortar which is fair.

just stop. she definitely takes explosive damage. post of a video of her standing near a thermal imploder with her shield active and the absence of damage you claim.

you won't though...
    She takes minimal explosive damage. Almost none from Furious Bowcaster and I believe exactly none from Detonite.

Iden is OP in HvV. You like crutches. Just admit it.
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »

you won't though...

Hes right, i did it and mp and arcade. She takes e enough damage to tank a thermal imploder and a few blast from a wookies warriors bowcaster.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    so does she take some explosive damage or none?

you guys just want to complain.

You just like playing cheap characters, apparently.
  • Clone201
    3889 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Redacted
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    edited July 2018

iden is a ton of fun to use. i have no shame in saying that i use her. i use maul quite a bit to. so what? is maul also a crutch? i use finn a lot too... also a crutch? you don't know how to play against her, so you attack players that know how to use her. I'm not very good with vader. i struggle to use him. but ill get my butt whopped by a good vader all day. i don't get upset and start complaining about vader being op.

i call one of you guys out for posting nonsense, ask that person to post evidence of said nonsense, then you guys start attacking me. prove me wrong.

the point i was trying to make is that she takes explosive damage when the shield is up. a thermal imploder will mess you up. again, prove me wrong. you won't though. you'll just keep saying I'm using a crutch or using cheap characters. whatever. ill wait for evidence that she take no explosive damage when the shield is up. stand right next to a thermal imploder... please.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    edited July 2018

iden is a ton of fun to use. i have no shame in saying that i use her. i use maul quite a bit to. so what? is maul also a crutch? i use finn a lot too... also a crutch? you don't know how to play against her, so you attack players that know how to use her. I'm not very good with vader. i struggle to use him. but ill get my butt whopped by a good vader all day. i don't get upset and start complaining about vader being op.

i call one of you guys out for posting nonsense, ask that person to post evidence of said nonsense, then you guys start attacking me. prove me wrong.

the point i was trying to make is that she takes explosive damage when the shield is up. a thermal imploder will mess you up. again, prove me wrong. you won't though. you'll just keep saying I'm using a crutch or using cheap characters. whatever. ill wait for evidence that she take no explosive damage when the shield is up. stand right next to a thermal imploder... please.

I stood on top of a thermal imploder, nothing happened.

I tested it in arcade. One thermal imoloder and three ww bowcaster blast.

No one attacked you. I didnt.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    ill be waiting for someone to post a clip of her standing on a thermal imploder in GA.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    8085 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Bro i literally just got done tanking furious bowcaster in showdown until it ran out. Also played tanked set charge her shield is invincible to everything but sabers. I don't know how to post a vid but I'm sure you do. Post a vid against chewie I'll wait
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    ill be waiting for someone to post a clip of her standing on a thermal imploder in GA.

Ill do a splitscreen arcade clip. Same damages as in ga.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Bro i literally just got done tanking furious bowcaster in showdown until it ran out. Also played tanked set charge her shield is invincible to everything but sabers. I don't know how to post a vid but I'm sure you do. Post a vid against chewie I'll wait

you're the one saying she needs a nerf. i don't have to prove anything. i think she is perfect the way she is. you're the one that has a problem with her. you just want to complain online and hurt players that you struggle to do well against.
  • Just tested it in arcade rookie warriors exploder does indeed damage her but not fb or det charge
  • Clone201
    3889 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Her shield absorbing damage isn't the meta problem. Just elude her until it wears offs and lure those players into a trap whenever you can, receiving-enders, just like every other fight where you know the odds are stacked against you. I might agree her SF and stun may need adjustment, but nerfing her shield isn't so wise, when it's not even infinite + there are counters.

@Defbored it blocks every explosive, except imploder.
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    so now that thechosen1 admits she takes explosive damage another person comes along saying she doesn't.

ha....
    so now that thechosen1 admits she takes explosive damage another person comes along saying she doesn't.

ha....

Explosive damage from a wookie warrior yes. Furious bowcaster and detonite charge do nothing
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    Her shield absorbing damage isn't the meta problem. Just elude her until it wears offs and lure those players into a trap whenever you can, receiving-enders, just like every other fight where you know the odds are stacked against you. I might agree her SF and stun may need adjustment, but nerfing her shield isn't so wise, when it's not even infinite + there are counters.

@Defbored it blocks every explosive, except imploder.

Yeah it definitely blocks everything explosive related to hero's
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    I'm just happy to see comments being edited and stances being adjusted.
    But not mine, because they’re correct.

iden is a ton of fun to use. i have no shame in saying that i use her. i use maul quite a bit to. so what? is maul also a crutch? i use finn a lot too... also a crutch? you don't know how to play against her, so you attack players that know how to use her. I'm not very good with vader. i struggle to use him. but ill get my a** whopped by a good vader all day. i don't get upset and start complaining about vader being op.

you're the one saying she needs a nerf. i don't have to prove anything. i think she is perfect the way she is. you're the one that has a problem with her. you just want to complain online and hurt players that you struggle to do well against.

Lmao no people spam her droid especially with the droid battery star card. A good iden player vs a good han that iden will win hands down. Her shield tanking damage is crazy
  • Clone201
    3889 posts Member

ha....

Explosive damage from a wookie warrior yes. Furious bowcaster and detonite charge do nothing

That's intended, and the WW is not intended. Even then this is only a problem though when you factor in her damage. Just decrease some of that a bit.

I for one, have quite mixed thoughts... :)

But it remains: Droid Shield is not the root, and should be unique from Bodyguard when it refers to explosions.
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member

Lmao no people spam her droid especially with the droid battery star card. A good iden player vs a good han that iden will win hands down. Her shield tanking damage is crazy

you see what i did there. you're right. and your solution is to punish that good player.

and lets be honest... han will lose most battles against every villain. bad example. iden vs rey? iden vs luke? iden vs lando? it not fair to gauge whether a hero is op based on how she performs against one or even two other heros.
  • bfloo
    15821 posts Member

you see what i did there. you're right. and your solution is to punish that good player.

and lets be honest... han will lose most battles against every villain. bad example. iden vs rey? iden vs luke? iden vs lando? it not fair to gauge whether a hero is op based on how she performs against one or even two other heros.

You are using Han wrong, he is a beast in HvV.

He is lacking in GA though.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Han is the best lightside hero in HvV, only second to Boba overall. If you dont think this is true, then you are either not on PC, or not playing against anyone who can aim.
  • bfloo
    15821 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Han is the best lightside hero in HvV, only second to Boba overall. If you dont think this is true, then you are either not on PC, or not playing against anyone who can aim.

Boba must be a lot better on PC. I don't think I've even seen him top the board on X1.

h846398gb27k.png

Boba must be a lot better on PC. I don't think I've even seen him top the board on X1.

The difference is just the ability to aim. That is why saber is a lot easier on console, on PC, saber is so ridiculously inferior that its pointless choosing one.

You play with garbage people then.
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    i have zero fear of han players on any map with any hero haha. if i see a lone han in ga I'm gonna go after him whether I'm a hero or not. and if I'm hero, I'm gonna kill him.

and far and few between have i come across han players in hvv that end up in the top three.

ill give credit to those guys that do well with him though. i don't like using han. I'm sure he is hard to master.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    8085 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Definitely not han is the best blaster hero on the lightside only person i can't consistently beat is vader. A good han vs a good bossk is is either or, along with phasma or anybody with a blaster. When it comes to iden stun secondary shoot dead
  • bfloo
    15821 posts Member

You play with garbage people then.

We can thank matchmaking for that

h846398gb27k.png

i have zero fear of han players on any map with any hero haha. if i see a lone han in ga I'm gonna go after him whether I'm a hero or not. and if I'm hero, I'm gonna kill him.

and far and few between have i come across han players in hvv that end up in the top three.

ill give credit to those guys that do well with him though. i don't like using han. I'm sure he is hard to master.

He is difficult yes, and if you struggle with aim you wont do well with him. He is exceptional however if you know how to use him, can aim very well and play aggressive.
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member

Ive done it once or twice. Only when rocket barrage works and my aim is good.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

This is true. Iden is at best evenly matched against Han. There’s a momentary delay between her shield going down when she starts to fire, and when she actually starts firing. Well timed detonite charge and she’s finished before she gets up. The outcome is all about the accuracy of the Han player. You can see her droid. Roll, it’ll miss if you roll. Han is a beast in HvV for a high skill player.
  • Iden is not over powered per se, but she has too much utility. Stuns / Explosives / Shield / accurate weapon make her a bit much for players with good aim. Yoda is a PITA up close but that is really the only thing I find that significantly challenges her. Her TL50/AF I think are in a good place, only being ridiculous if the player can land headshots, or can aim the mortar which is fair.

Actually you are right, I watched some recent games in slow motion and I was getting hit indicators from Chewbacca with the shield up but no damage. The moments I saw the damage going through are just after breaking shield or as the shield was activated which was probably lag. In one instance I broke shield just briefly before a detonite exploded and instantly died, which in real time looked like it went through the shield. When I threw the detonite charges at Iden she probably broke shield to shoot just prior and died like I had.
  • Its easy to get boba in first place due to the barrage. On PC no one is good with boba , ive seen people play as him. Then I got to console and I see nothing but try hard bobas flying away or coming and barrageing and hitting their shots.
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    Han_Spinel wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Her shield without cards should be nerfed or be more susceptible to hero damage/abilites, the droid batteries card needs to be fixed (it is not working correctly), secondary fire needs to do less damage to heroes, her stun droid should be like force push or force choke to where if you use it and there is not target it still gets spent, and her stun droid shouldn't follow people out of it's area of effect.

AND YOU shouldn't be able to spam Stun until a target is in rage.

But I like the windshield wiper sound effects :'( :'( :'( :'(
    I agree though
    Why are so many people mad at iden? She is super fun to use.

She is too good against heroes.
    No way. I'll chase her down with a saber hero every time.

Yeah, but a good Iden is not to be trifled with.

A good hero/villain in general is not to be trifled with.
  • Its easy to get boba in first place due to the barrage. On PC no one is good with boba , ive seen people play as him. Then I got to console and I see nothing but try hard bobas flying away or coming and barrageing and hitting their shots.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

dont feed the troll, this is a common theme of his

giphy.gif

U sound salty. Come to console so i can show u ,but u won't since u know .

giphy.gif

dont feed the troll, this is a common theme of his

U salty too? Shame u dont play on console so I can show u a thing or two.
  • Landeaux2
    3338 posts Member
    “She’s fine.”

• EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Thread closed. We've gotten a bit off the rails into comments about other users, aspersions of them being trolls, etc. I'd ask we all quit it with this behavior in the future and keep it chill and respectful. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!