criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Stop saying Heros are OP when you meet an exceptional player.

Prev1
We all know that there are those 1 in 10,000 people that play games.

We all know those people will always get a hero. So why are we saying heros and hero ships are OP when they arent its just that the person using them has the skill and nouse to get the best out if the hero.

I only say this because the longer devs spend changing current heros and villains. The longer it will be before we get more.

Bugs need fixing but essentially the devs made balanced heros and villains and hero ships and villain ships you just need to GG.

Replies

• Toddyrocket
    2446 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Half a glass here
    Tread carefully young padawan
    Playing with the future
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Because regardless of how skilled someone is I don’t want a bossk sniping in the back the whole game and even when I get a good flank on him he just turns on me then heals up.
  • The palps lightning issue isnt a balancing issye. Its a maintenance issue.

As for characters with seemingly unbeatable odds... find a way to beat them... that is literally what gaming has always been about.

Whether the game is marketted as a cssual shooter or not, there will always be elite players who you cant help but assume are cheating because they just completely outclass you.

The amount of moaning I see about balancing issues in SFA is unreal and its perrrfectly balanced for the most part. I happen to be an Elite SFA player and I have no issues with balancing other than it can be hard to get the win on endor as the empire unless your team are objective players.
  • Evazan127 wrote: »
    Because regardless of how skilled someone is I don’t want a bossk sniping in the back the whole game and even when I get a good flank on him he just turns on me then heals up.

Dont try and take bossk out alone then?! Get a hit squad together and melt him from 3 or 4 angles.
  • There are ridiculous claims about op stuff for heroes that wasnt necessary. But last patch with palpatine was too op just like when iden had her double stun. There's not a single ability that will kill heroes instantly.
  • iliilliiililiii
    35 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Seeing players farm infantry in with Heroes GA is hardly exceptional
    Evazan127 wrote: »

Why would you take out a player playing Bossk as a sniper? He is doing your team a service.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Evazan127 wrote: »

Dont try and take bossk out alone then?! Get a hit squad together and melt him from 3 or 4 angles.
    Sadly I don’t have the luxury of a squad to play with
  • TheScape
    2309 posts Member
    There was nothing balanced with Iden dominating the entire HvV scene with her two stuns in a row, and being able to take out any hero during that stun duration with ease.
    There was nothing balanced with Palpatine being able to shoot through walls, and also getting a buff to his survivability causing him to dominate in Galactic Assault even when piloted by a monkey.

Balancing is necessary for a reason, whether it's buffing them or nerfing them. In those two cases above, DICE attempt to balance those two heroes by buffing them ever so slightly led them to become vastly overpowered and miles ahead of any other hero.

This game is a casual arcade shooter with no competitive scene behind it. And because of that, it's hard to judge who the good players are and those that are truly exceptional.

This is one of the best examples of why balance is needed and feedback on really OP (or UP) heros should be given. It was extremely easy to dominate with her when the double stun was in effect. You could incapacitate a hero for a few seconds, enough to unload your TL50 (with still some heat left) before the other player could even move. There was no strategy against it, just taking it and moving on.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • bfloo
    16093 posts Member
    There are ridiculous claims about op stuff for heroes that wasnt necessary. But last patch with palpatine was too op just like when iden had her double stun. There's not a single ability that will kill heroes instantly.

They broke Palps good, I was 1v4ing across the map in HvV.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• AzorAhai
    1379 posts Member
    Balance and feedback are necessary. I think they've done a great job at responding to the most serious concerns overall (work ongoing of course). But at the same time, there is an abundance of people who get their feelings hurt because they get owned in particular match or situation, and they get on these forums and call for a nerf.

Back in the early part of the year, I got owned by several expert Palpatine players in GA, but I still didn't run from him with my heavy in most matches...because at least half the time, the guy playing him was so poorly prepared for the role, that I'd take him out or at least force him to retreat or cause a lot of damage before dying.

Having said all that, I think they should nerf Dooku now! Before it's too late...
  • The common mindset in a casual game, not much can be done about it.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Heroes such as saber heroes should NOT be able to disarm objectives or arm them and block at the same time.
  • unit900000
    3619 posts Member
    SVEJ wrote: »
    Heroes such as saber heroes should NOT be able to disarm objectives or arm them and block at the same time.

lolwot
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • The palps lightning issue isnt a balancing issye. Its a maintenance issue.

As for characters with seemingly unbeatable odds... find a way to beat them... that is literally what gaming has always been about.

Whether the game is marketted as a cssual shooter or not, there will always be elite players who you cant help but assume are cheating because they just completely outclass you.

The amount of moaning I see about balancing issues in SFA is unreal and its perrrfectly balanced for the most part. I happen to be an Elite SFA player and I have no issues with balancing other than it can be hard to get the win on endor as the empire unless your team are objective players.

Palpatine lightning is certainly a balancing issue as the developers themselves confirmed that him being able to shoot through walls was a feature that was intended. Palpatine didn't cause that much problem until they decided to also increase his survivability because of players complaining about him being too squishy. And thus, we got an overpowered character.

I can't speak about the console, but Iden on PC, with someone being a competent shooter, was unbeatable in a 1vs1 scenario, and could comfortably do 1vs2 scenarios with ease. As soon as you got stunned by her stun droid, you were dead as there's nothing you could do about it. And with the ridiculous damage output, she had from her TL-50, including the charged up strike, even a buffed up Yoda would fall during the stun duration.

There were two workarounds for this though. Either you ganged up on her with multiple players, and hopefully, her teammates were so abysmal that they couldn't help her out despite the enemy team being occupied with taking out a single hero, or you went and picked her when it was your turn as the dark side to get some sweet payback. Too bad that most players did the cowardly way, and leaving the lobbies as soon as it was their turn to play the light side since the dark side was generally favored to be the vastly stronger side in HvV matches.

Both of these heroes did need a buff. In Palpatine's case, he needed a tweak to the amount of stamina he was draining when using his left + right-hand attacks, and in Iden's case, she was just a badly designed hero that wasn't equipped to handle any of the roles you could imagine for her. DICE went overboard though. So balancing is needed, whether it's to buff underpowered heroes (I'm still waiting for health on kill cards on Boba Fett, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca to make them more viable in Galactic Assault), or toning down (in this case, they decided to shut him down completely) overpowered characters like Palpatine.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

Why not?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Saboteur6
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I mean you realize that while Devs somewhat pay attention to community opinion, they base balance passes off of their own internal data and metrics primarily.

It's not like they read through a forum post, see someone whine about a character, and immediately smash the big red emergency DICE nerf button because, "Oh my God guys bluntzrolla420 says Chewie is broken!!! Stop everything and nerf him into the ground!!"

(Old Patch) HvV-Brawler/Support Yoda Teamfight Series
    (Old Patch) Yoda - Block/Unleash video guide

• HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The common mindset in a casual game, not much can be done about it.

A fact for which you should be grateful. Game companies aren't spending millions to build games that only a few elite will buy.
  • Clone201
    3977 posts Member

Spam explosions, flash them, CC them, use Supercharged Sentry or explosive, and teamwork, etc to force them out. Plenty of counters to this...
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?

A fact for which you should be grateful. Game companies aren't spending millions to build games that only a few elite will buy.

Not really, I actually prefer a challenge. I play a lot better wth and against better players. I play this simply because there is nothing else at the moment that I fancy, however this will change when some new titles are shortly released

Not really, I actually prefer a challenge. I play a lot better wth and against better players. I play this simply because there is nothing else at the moment that I fancy, however this will change when some new titles are shortly released

You're misunderstanding the point. The games you love simply would not exist without those filthy casuals. Businesses are in business to maximize revenue.

You're misunderstanding the point. The games you love simply would not exist without those filthy casuals. Businesses are in business to maximize revenue.

I got the point, I just dont feel the "casualization" of games is really what fosters people improving in general, I believe it is the complete opposite. To not have things as simple as stats shows this.

When the "elite" get ostracized because of just being better is an issue to me. This is what is prevalent in at least the last 3 titles from EA/DICE. BF2015, Battlefield 1, BF2, and likely Battlefield 5.
  • bfloo
    16093 posts Member

I got the point, I just dont feel the "casualization" of games is really what fosters people improving in general, I believe it is the complete opposite. To not have things as simple as stats shows this.

When the "elite" get ostracized because of just being better is an issue to me. This is what is prevalent in at least the last 3 titles from EA/DICE. BF2015, Battlefield 1, BF2, and likely Battlefield 5.

The 'everyone's a winner' mentality finally hit gaming :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

The 'everyone's a winner' mentality finally hit gaming :'(

sad but true. Participation medals to all
  • AzorAhai
    1379 posts Member
    We casual gamers must be more sensitive to the needs of the ostracized elites.
  • When the "elite" get ostracized because of just being better is an issue to me.

That doesn't happen. Name one person that gives you ***** for being good.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    We casual gamers must be more sensitive to the needs of the ostracized elites.

Pretty sure I’ve seen your name on the leaderboard in extraction. Casual player my ‘bleep’.
  • When the "elite" get ostracized because of just being better is an issue to me.

That doesn't happen. Name one person that gives you **** for being good.

That would be a huge list. 90%+ of the AU community would fall into it. I am not alone in this either...
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Saboteur6 wrote: »
    I mean you realize that while Devs somewhat pay attention to community opinion, they base balance passes off of their own internal data and metrics primarily.

It's not like they read through a forum post, see someone whine about a character, and immediately smash the big red emergency DICE nerf button because, "Oh my God guys bluntzrolla420 says Chewie is broken!!! Stop everything and nerf him into the ground!!"
    Exactly!!!

It’s just natural to find a reason why someone is inferior to you.

“No life”- plays the game more than you
    “Try hard”- better than you
    “Camper”- outsmarts you
    “X is OP”- outclassed you
    “Hacker”
    “Teammates are horrible”

• Evazan127 wrote: »
    Saboteur6 wrote: »

Exactly!!!

It’s just natural to find a reason why someone is inferior to you.

“No life”- plays the game more than you
    “Try hard”- better than you
    “Camper”- outsmarts you
    “X is OP”- outclassed you
    “Hacker”
    “Teammates are horrible”

Totally agree, your quotes above are amusing, since thats all I see every day in any server....usually directed at either myself or squadmates...
  • I hate the word 'try-hard'. It is the STUPIDEST word related to gaming. So you're not supposed to try to win? If that's how you feel, you should stick to single player games. Period.
  • That's the way it always is. Folks are naturally better in some kinds of play than others, and when they encounter someone else who is good in a different kind of play, they complain and try to deflect attention from their own specializations.
    Middling streamer and lover of chile relleno, PSN ID: PopeHilarius

Check out my Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/popehilarius
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Well, for the most part I agree. It's always annoying to see people complaining that a hero is overpowered because they're too stubborn to change their approach to the situation. But then, in some situations it is fair to say something is overpowered, like when people could spawn kill people through walls with Palpatine, or take out any full health hero by pressing a button then holding another. But it's not even like players have to be exceptional for people to complain about the hero being OP sometimes, it's just like 'oh I shot Vader twice and he killed me, he's got way too much health' (OK, maybe a bad example as I know Vader is kinda OP but it's stuff like that where you can't expect their tactic to work even on an underpowered hero).
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Those things are bugs though.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Cherie is OP. Vader is OP.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Define exceptional? Stacked CC abilities, stun duration and running around the map?

Iden still needs a nerf, both in the aoe of her secondary fire and shock droid duration and cooldown.

Kylo's Force Freeze needs adjusted. A 5-second free-for-all from blaster fire is unacceptable.

Boba's and Luke's ability to take the scenic route and drag the ticket out for 5-6,evem 10 minutes while their teammates whittle down the targets health?

This mode is still in desperate need of balancing
  • Balance doesn’t fix the skill curve, only getting better does
  • Azelrazel
    613 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The palps lightning issue isnt a balancing issye. Its a maintenance issue.

So that person on top of the leader board in SFA is "elite" from the kills they're racking up from spawn camping? And let me guess because the game is letting them spawn camp, must be their skill for using this exploit.
    There really is a difference between good players and players who play good by playing dirty/cheap/even wrong.
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    The palps lightning issue isnt a balancing issye. Its a maintenance issue.

So that person on top of the leader board in SFA is "elite" from the kills they're racking up from spawn camping? And let me guess because the game is letting them spawn camp, must be their skill for using this exploit.
    There really is a difference between good players and players who play good by playing dirty/cheap/even wrong.

Starfighter Assault play in particular can be difficult to determine skill from. It can be eliminations, but there are also clan stacks that ignore playing objectives and just spawn trap the enemy team and then post screens of 120 "kills". It can be points, but there's also a lot of AI turrets and ships on certain maps that aren't very good at fighting back.

• bfloo
    16093 posts Member
    No one has implied that spawn killers are exceptional players

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

No one? I think you mean something like "No one with any credibility." Around the internets, there are soooooo many players who post their spawn kill-driven elimination totals as proof they're the "greatest."

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

No one? I think you mean something like "No one with any credibility." Around the internets, there are soooooo many players who post their spawn kill-driven elimination totals as proof they're the "greatest."
    That annoyed me on YouTube where I'd have 'world record 150 kill streak *WITH* Palpatine' videos popping up on reccomended when he was super OP a while back (and if you watched them it was always on Naboo or something, just spawn trapping the enemy in the final phase or just camping and shooting through walls generally).
    Starfighter Assault is... yeah. I don't often play it at the moment (pretty much exclusively GA when I'm playing this game), but I used to play it reasonably often. I'm a pretty decent pilot, I'd say, and I can top the leaderboard by just playing the objective and killing ships that I spot, rather than deliberately hunting down the enemy spawn killing them before they've even got control of their ship. However, every now and then there'd be someone with like 20 more elims than anyone else on the team, and you're like 'hey must be a good player' until you work out which one they are and realise they're the person flying around on the outskirts of the map, spawn camping enemies, at which point you lose any respect for them.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • bfloo
    16093 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Fair enough, no one I would take seriously...

h846398gb27k.png

• I never understood the killstreak fascination in an objective-based game, but I just might be old (enough to remember the killstreak callouts in Unreal Tournament).

• bfloo
    16093 posts Member
    I never understood the killstreak fascination in an objective-based game, but I just might be old (enough to remember the killstreak callouts in Unreal Tournament).

They want large scale blast, but most shooters don't provide it.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    16093 posts Member
    When the "elite" get ostracized because of just being better is an issue to me.

That doesn't happen. Name one person that gives you **** for being good.

It probably happens more often than you expect

99% of my hate mail is because I did good.

h846398gb27k.png