criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

It's time for Yoda and Finn to get BPs for their HEAL abilities!

So they can have a rightfully spot on the scoreboard when the game finishes. How many times Finn and Yoda were the ones that made the lightside win either early on, or in the last moment when everybody felt the lightside would lose? But they get no points for healing teammates.

Rey gets points for each target affected by Insight that gets killed, and the Officer gets points for healing people. Why Yoda and Finn don't?
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• Victor94
    311 posts Member
    Agree, also points/BP for scramble infiltration.
  • First they need to fix the incredibly stupid health stacking by these two in the same team

Then we can talk about the score

• First they need to fix the incredibly **** health stacking by these two in the same team

Teamwork

& Yoda+Finn buff is like a solar eclipse, you have to somehow get both of them on the same map, same time and in the same area, only then is it an issue. It doesn't happen often enough that it's worth a patch.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    First they need to fix the incredibly **** health stacking by these two in the same team

Nah.
  • Its time to nerf them before anything else.
    How?
    On their own they are weak. Finn loses any 1v1 with a saber hero if the saber hero is close enough.
    Yoda can't block sabers (by far Vader is his worst matchup) or even blaster hero/trooper. melee.
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Clone201
    3492 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Regardless of buff stacking, agreed, not so much, like Rey, to prevent easy EoR appearance.
    First they need to fix the incredibly **** health stacking by these two in the same team

Use kylo, freeze them, let team shoot them to death profit.

Use vader, Choke them, let team shoot them, throw saber, profit.

Use iden, spam secondary into room/objective from 50 meters away, kill everything rendering them useless, profit.

Once darkside abilities get tuned down we can talk about the 635+hp wookie warriors.

Can't consistently do that when if they would hide behind their teams doing nothing but handing out buffs, leaving thier team to your heroes often.

Both issues of LS in GA and DS in HvV should get attention at once.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Its time to nerf them before anything else.

No.

First, theres no need for a nerf, fellow nerfherder. Second, there missing reward for using teambuffs has nothing to do with the strength of those. Two different things.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • First they need to fix the incredibly **** health stacking by these two in the same team

Teamwork

& Yoda+Finn buff is like a solar eclipse, you have to somehow get both of them on the same map, same time and in the same area, only then is it an issue. It doesn't happen often enough that it's worth a patch.

I had them on my team last night while I was Luke. My health at one point was over 1000.
  • Clone201
    3492 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    deadbydawn wrote: »

Teamwork

I had them on my team last night while I was Luke. My health at one point was over 1000.

Actually, if Finn was there, it'd be 2,000 (at least you'd seem strong as that), due to Finn's 50% damage reduction on top of the buffs.
  • deadbydawn wrote: »

Teamwork

How often does that happen?
    You quoted my post but obviously ignored it.
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif

Teamwork

Yes. Not an issue.
  • TheUltimateHope
    643 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    How?
    On their own they are weak. Finn loses any 1v1 with a saber hero if the saber hero is close enough.
    Yoda can't block sabers (by far Vader is his worst matchup) or even blaster hero/trooper. melee.

On his own Yoda is weak ? seriously ? He can beat the [removed] of any saber heroes (even if against Vader you have to be more skilled than your opponent i concede that). The block is irrelevant, he doesn't need to block any melee, more irrelevant when you consider that blocking against Yoda isn't useful either. Small hitbox, insane damage absorption + release, stun break mechanic, if he is weak by his own i really want to know who isn't.
    Finn is a support type blaster hero, his versus capabilities are in adequation with that (contrary to how he was at release).

The most balanced GA maps are the ones where Lightside has to attack whereas when its the contrary most of these maps are infamously broken (Naboo, Kashyyyk Juggernaut, Kamino last phase, even Jakku at some point) and these two heroes play a lot in that imbalance.
    My first guess would be to adress the Health stack and see how it goes, even if its rare to have Yoda/Finn altogether, officers are still there, it should work as battle command. If we consider that enforcers are correctly priced (so lets put aside balance considerations about them) at 3k bp, its easy to calculate the value added by abilities that last long enough and have little cooldown. Same goes for nearby heroes. So simply : it should be capped.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    How?

On his own Yoda is weak ? seriously ? He can beat the **** out of any saber heroes (even if against Vader you have to be more skilled than your opponent i concede that). The block is irrelevant, he doesn't need to block any melee, more irrelevant when you consider that blocking against Yoda isn't useful either. Small hitbox, insane damage absorption + release, stun break mechanic, if he is weak by his own i really want to know who isn't.
    Finn is a support type blaster hero, his versus capabilities are in adequation with that (contrary to how he was at release).

The most balanced GA maps are the ones where Lightside has to attack whereas when its the contrary most of these maps are infamously broken (Naboo, Kashyyyk Juggernaut, Kamino last phase, even Jakku at some point) and these two heroes play a lot in that imbalance.
    My first guess would be to adress the Health stack and see how it goes, even if its rare to have Yoda/Finn altogether, officers are still there, it should work as battle command. If we consider that enforcers are correctly priced (so lets put aside balance considerations about them) at 3k bp, its easy to calculate the value added by abilities that last long enough and have little cooldown. Same goes for nearby heroes. So simply : it should be capped.

You clearly don't play HvV with yoda enough. His health bonus is his largest contribution to his team and needs to stay right where it is.

The darkside has absurdly overpowered abilities of their own and when palpatine comes back it'll probably just go back to the darkside completely steamrolling the lightside on almost every map. And I don't know what teams you play on, or what kind of player you are, but I still win the majority of the time as attackers on naboo, kashyyyk and kamino. its a close 60-40 I'd say but I usually end up on the winning side and when palpatine is back it'll probably go back to being 80-20 The darkside has every tool available to them that you could possibly want to steamroll the lightside.

My only issue is with wookie warriors, they need damage reduction and that's it.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Clone201
    3492 posts Member

Regardless, it should still be a thing. I agree with your contempt towards health stacking, and so with anyone else who bring it up referring GA.
    I don't think giving vast majority of a team absurd health whilst other team has no dmg boost or such buff on thier own that Troopers can utilize is acceptable. DS is effective at enemy groups, yes, but ONLY with heroes, but so are LS in thier own way with emphasis on better positioning (Lando, Skywalker, Yoda, and Solo), plus having better backup.