criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Regarding the Status of Double XP

Replies

• Jbstiner
    2708 posts Member
    Mariobot21 wrote: »
    Game is pretty much dead anyways..has neen for awhile even though many want to wish otherwise...honestly, except for a couple thousand still playing this game no one really cares how bad this game has become

And your one reason why it’s dieing cause of your negativity

What are both of you guys in the 21 club? Also thanks for revealing that all along it is has been the fault of Michaeltuma21 who introduced micro transactions, a lousy progression system, broke the servers, broke matchmaking, messed up a double xp event and killing Palpatine. We can all go on vacation while Mariobot21 rides in on his unicorn sprinkling fairy dust and gets this all figured out by being positive. Rainbows for everyone!

Don't forget team shuffle! <shakes fist at Michaeltuma21>
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Lol....if you only knew how much i heard that its not a tuma line
  • Billkwando
    1976 posts Member
    Lol....if you only knew how much i heard that its not a tuma line

I had a feeling...
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Keeping track of score and numbers should be one of the easier things in the game to program. I've always been surprised that they have more complex things like graphic rendering and controls right, but number tracking wrong. Milestone counters and score tracking should be some of the most basic code to write. The only thing I can figure is that someone, somewhere, accidentally tied the code to something else, and I'm sure a game like this has literally millions of lines of code to sort thru to find the errors. I'm a little baffled that they don't have backup code that allows them to revert back to older versions of sections of code, so that when there is a screw-up, they can just go back for a bit while they find the error in the new code. But it seems like the code in their updates has too many fingers that touch too many parts of the game, so any given update inadvertantly changes too many things. And I don't understand why test runs don't reveal these problems before they release them to the gaming community (although I get that some problems will only manifest in an on-line environment, but that should be irrelevant to most bugs we've experienced).
  • Don't forget that i also made half the star cards not work properly
    I find your lack of faith disturbing ... yet refreshing.

ps - thanks for the hard lock glitch in SA as well. Why add Dengar, Greedo, Grievous or bring back Palpatine when we have the ultimate SWBF 17 Villain in Michaeltuma21. The Ultimate Power of Negativity and then some.

It is good we can have some fun with the mistakes but in all seriousness good luck to DICE in getting all of these issues resolved quickly.
    #StarWars-y
  • EV02AAA
    720 posts Member
    Don't forget that i also made half the star cards not work properly
    I find your lack of faith disturbing ... yet refreshing.

ps - thanks for the hard lock glitch in SA as well. Why add Dengar, Greedo, Grievous or bring back Palpatine when we have the ultimate SWBF 17 Villain in Michaeltuma21. The Ultimate Power of Negativity and then some.

It is good we can have some fun with the mistakes but in all seriousness good luck to DICE in getting all of these issues resolved quickly.

Luck? In my experience there's no such thing.
  • They need something..not seen much skill lately...maybe luck will save this game
  • Oh Michaeltuma21 the hate mail you must receive!
  • Devlin21
    8330 posts Member
    Now i remember why i started playing bf15.

Fyi, theres been a double xp event on bf15 for a while now.
    Thank you for that. I think I’m going to go play some SWBF15 Walker Assault. Too bad those double XP’s won’t count towards SWBF whatever this is.

Its been on for a while. They must've left it on.

So DICE didn't turn turn the double xp off for SWBF 15 but DICE can't turn double xp on for this game? Priceless.

How is this latest DICE mistake going over on the redditt forums?
    Quite funny.

Not good. I posted it on there as soon as i saw cians post.
    My post is on the first page.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/92c4o6/double_xp_weekend_postponed/
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Mariobot21
    375 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Game is pretty much dead anyways..has neen for awhile even though many want to wish otherwise...honestly, except for a couple thousand still playing this game no one really cares how bad this game has become

What are both of you guys in the 21 club? Also thanks for revealing that all along it is has been the fault of Michaeltuma21 who introduced micro transactions, a lousy progression system, broke the servers, broke matchmaking, messed up a double xp event and killing Palpatine. We can all go on vacation while Mariobot21 rides in on his unicorn sprinkling fairy dust and gets this all figured out by being positive. Rainbows for everyone!

no
  • They don't know what's wrong, or why Double XP is broken? Where is that mythical and magical test server/test environment now? Unseen issue?

You keep telling us we deserve better and that you'll do better w4f9tvynsj2k.gif

But all I see is failure and ridiculous excuses, things getting worse and worse rqub71bqmpf3.jpg

• Omniscient wrote: »
    Keeping track of score and numbers should be one of the easier things in the game to program. I've always been surprised that they have more complex things like graphic rendering and controls right, but number tracking wrong. Milestone counters and score tracking should be some of the most basic code to write. The only thing I can figure is that someone, somewhere, accidentally tied the code to something else, and I'm sure a game like this has literally millions of lines of code to sort thru to find the errors. I'm a little baffled that they don't have backup code that allows them to revert back to older versions of sections of code, so that when there is a screw-up, they can just go back for a bit while they find the error in the new code. But it seems like the code in their updates has too many fingers that touch too many parts of the game, so any given update inadvertantly changes too many things. And I don't understand why test runs don't reveal these problems before they release them to the gaming community (although I get that some problems will only manifest in an on-line environment, but that should be irrelevant to most bugs we've experienced).

The reason the graphics are great is because they are separate entities from the game logic. DICE uses an engine that handles the graphics rendering, model rigging, etc. So, great artists and animators model, skin, rig, and animate the characters/ships and they are then imported into the engine.

All of the progression/tracking/skills/etc. logic, however, exists as hacks (guaranteed) to the engine. This is where everything is failing; the software architects and engineers had to write all of the actual game logic—and it is this code that is now riddled with bugs.

The reason? Typically, the lead devs that get things going are yanked away to focus on new projects while the existing product is handed off to the minions. These minions are left to “interpret” what the lead dev did and to continue on from there.

The bottom line is that the fault lies with the product managers for not going to bat for the development team; for not being true stakeholders in the project and ensuring proper resources are in place to meet the needs of the customers.

These less experienced devs touch parts of the engine they shouldn’t, which leads to all of these bugs. QA utterly fails for not catching many of these bugs (which are so easily reproducible). The community suffers as a result.

It irks me when I read things like “we can’t reproduce this bug on our version of the game”. That is a sign of inexperienced developers right there. They don’t realize that their internal connections to their internal databases on their internal test servers in no way reflect the live environment.

TLDR;

Devs touched parts of the engine they should not have and now we pay the price.

I don't think I usually agree with you, but that was a good post. I agree with pretty much everything you said.
  • Dude fix your game already.

You are selling a rotten product and expect people to be positive. All the negativy your team is receiving is well deserved. You blew it. People are mad because they spent their precious money and time for this game and yet your team didn´t deliver on promises.

Game is STILL buggy as hell, people are having trouble finding matches, your roadmap is a joke. Expanding until next year lol.

You killed a hero already for weeks now and yet you expect people to be supportive? It´s common sense.

You should tell your customers the truth already and move on to the next proyect.
  • Unforeseen activation of Double XP? What is really going on? We're really trying to stay positive here but this is a joke.
  • 0badmonkey0
    401 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I do not believe I have seen a company treat it's customers this poorly. Unbelievable. Well, COD WWII just dropped season 3, got it for $32 w/season pass. Unbelievable amount of weapons and cosmetics. Just bought Vermintide 2 for $21, Deluxe edition . Tons of weapons and cosmetics, fun as heck. IF you are going to stick it out and see what drops (and breaks) those are two suggestions of what to play in the meantime. EA has shown it's true colors. At least I can quit posting about how bad this game is because people are FINALLY seeing it for themselves. A few of you owe me apologies, I forgive you. ;)
    Post edited by 0badmonkey0 on
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    LMAO.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • People need to get fired for this schmozzle of a game

I honestly can't understand how people on this project have kept their jobs at all. Or how they can break their own project, then go on vacation? All while getting a big pat on the back and told, "Good job, take a break you earned it."

I'm sure this is a direct result of handing out participation trophies.
  • Mariobot21 wrote: »

no

Just trying to make the best of a bad situation with a little humor. Don’t take it personally as at times I can be an equal opportunity offender without discretion. Just my nature. Besides I am somewhat almost possibly positive that one day, in the near future, DICE will get this game working correctly on a consistent basis as we all would like it to be. Unfortunately, that day is not today.
    #StarWars-y
  • I bet it won't be anyday after today either..i am sorry, but this game is worse off now then when i started playing it in late January
  • EV02AAA
    720 posts Member
    I find it inconceivable that they've cancelled the double XP weekend for technical reasons. If they really can't do something so simple then there is no hope.

However the cynic in me thinks this has been done for commercial reasons to keep the credits in our wallets down so that more real $$$$ are spent on cosmetics.

By the way DICE, most of the skins are terrible. I don't think there is a single one I'd want so desperately I'd pay real money for...
  • Versatti
    2158 posts Member
    I suggest we stack the bodies in the cellar, lock it, leave quietly one at a time and pretend none of this ever happened.
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

This made my morning! LoL! :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    EV02AAA wrote: »
    I find it inconceivable that they've cancelled the double XP weekend for technical reasons. If they really can't do something so simple then there is no hope.

However the cynic in me thinks this has been done for commercial reasons to keep the credits in our wallets down so that more real $$$$ are spent on cosmetics.

By the way DICE, most of the skins are terrible. I don't think there is a single one I'd want so desperately I'd pay real money for...

It won't make a difference for the long time players. I have so many credits because there is nothing to spend them on. DICE have waited way too long to put out any good skins worth spending credits on. If their plan is to price them so high to eat into players saved credits, newer players with not much won't even be able to buy anything. Self defeating. They have blown any chance of really making money with this game.

• In case anyone missed it. Yesterday ghost recon had 3 free skins from rainbow 6. Didn't have to grind for them. Been playing that game all week I feel so much pride playing that game! When I get on my team and we are talking with each other without having to party up.

My wife asked me the other day what about battlefront 2. I forgot to collect my 500 credits. Well guess what I really don't care.

In my eyes the only thing that can save this game is....
    Next month; bring Palp back with the missing swbf 2015 heroes. Give us by one head you get them all in every faction 4 NEW large scale maps. Give us at least 4 clone legions skins. Give us a new soldier class. Bring us 5 new hunt locations. A conquest mode also ALL of this for offline. Crest your own Jedi mode order 66 and customizable ewok!

None of this will happen so ghost recon wildlands and far cry 5 is what I play. I'm a offline gamer but these two games I play with others cause well frankly it's so fun offline that I just have to play online.
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    LeftTurnus wrote: »

It won't make a difference for the long time players. I have so many credits because there is nothing to spend them on. DICE have waited way too long to put out any good skins worth spending credits on. If their plan is to price them so high to eat into players saved credits, newer players with not much won't even be able to buy anything. Self defeating. They have blown any chance of really making money with this game.

This sums up my feeling perfectly. i dont have as many credits but i mean about their timing and volume of skins. they could be pumping out so many things to sell for crystals if they were committed to this game. its obvious EA has pulled the resources because there is really no excuse for the lack of skins for sale. Star wars is a cash cow and isnt even being milked. DICE should be dropping so many purchasable items in August but i suspect the "clone trooper customizations" will amount to a handful of items.
  • bfloo
    15841 posts Member

They should have just waited a month or 2 so we had a level-ish launch before they sold crystal packs and let the game be pay to catch up, then sold skins on top of it. Months were wasted when all they really needed to do was give us more crafting parts per match.

I miss the loot crates and getting the occasional blue card. If not for some good cards, my lesser used classes would still be level 0. At least I don't have to use them from scratch like the new players do.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• VadersPetPig_
    785 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Just relinquish the Star Wars franchise EA. We don't need you to make SW games, and you don't need SW to make money. This way both sides are losing

I understand you, but I’d say not quite yet. What this game really needs is fresh meat. Fire these people currently working on the game and hire people who actually care about Star Wars and it’s community. These poor excuses of developers is a disgrace to both Star Wars and EA. Fire these riffraff
  • Chem0
    173 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Always found it stu**d that whole Bioware Austin left SWTOR to rot over christmas holdays with all the bugs and other stuff introduced by new expansions that always came December.
    Didn't believe that whole Dice SWBF2 team would go to vacation at the same time too.

Not very professional. Cant close shop if you are running 24/7 service.

LoL at your profanity filters.
  • Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    With all the bugs, instability, and unforced errors, to a degree not seen in previous Battlefields even at their worst, I'd say DICE needs to have an "all hands on deck" moment with EABF2. This game needs a full rework to get it back to a stable point, otherwise stick a fork in it.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1227 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Just relinquish the Star Wars franchise EA. We don't need you to make SW games, and you don't need SW to make money. This way both sides are losing

I understand you, but I’d say not quite yet. What this game really needs is fresh meat. Fire these people currently working on the game and hire people who actually care about Star Wars and it’s community. These poor excuses of developers is a disgrace to both Star Wars and EA. Fire these riffraff

I always remember SWBFUpdates reminding us to target our anger on EA/DICE instead of the developer team, but you're somewhat correct. EA/DICE should get most of the anger, but developers of this game are to be blamed too. I wouldn't say every developer is bad, especially because Designers and those who make the Art for the game have nothing to do with BUGs, only Programmers can be blamed for that. And even so, maybe a small percentage of programmers are actually good, but they can't take all tasks to themselves. What's true is that there is a good amount of programmers on DICE that either are really BAD Programmers, or really DON'T GIVE A **** to this game.

I agree they need Fresh Meat. It's a shame my degree on Computer Engineering will only come by the end of next year though ;)
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • bfloo wrote: »

They should have just waited a month or 2 so we had a level-ish launch before they sold crystal packs and let the game be pay to catch up, then sold skins on top of it. Months were wasted when all they really needed to do was give us more crafting parts per match.

I miss the loot crates and getting the occasional blue card. If not for some good cards, my lesser used classes would still be level 0. At least I don't have to use them from scratch like the new players do.

Actually, after playing Extraction for a month, plus the double XP weekend in July, I had three classes Assault, Heavy, and Officer at Level 25 with blue star cards. It wasn’t that hard to progress. You just had to be slightly conservative with your skill points and only spend them on cards you know you would use. I like this progression system way better than the pay2win system because I don’t waste money on video games unless it’s buying the disc or the app (and most apps are free) or the Xbox Live monthly subscription.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yoda: Stopped the bugs must be. On this season 3 all depends. Only a fully staffed DICE with EA as their ally will conquer these bugs and content delays. If they end their development now-if they choose the quick and easy path as Solo Season did, DICE will become an agent of evil
    Post edited by stevenomes on
  • Problem after problem after problem...This is a little ridiculous guys. I'm sorry.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    @Cahhmakt it’s not a lie, it’s the truth.

Which is what’s histerically funny
  • xjippyx
    185 posts Member
    Amateur hour never ceases to amaze me. You’re either lying or the worst people at your jobs... sadly it may be both.
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    yM8XM6R.gif
    Keep doing what you can, until you can't anymore. Remember to take breaks.
    Wknuto!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!