criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Commando - My idea of a new class

JediPacoElFlaco
419 posts Member
edited August 19
A class adaptable to any situation.

Strengths:
- Adaptable
- With more life than a normal assault class (but not tank)
- More agil / Quite more faster than normal classes

Clone Commando
republic-commando-delta-squad.jpg

Main weapon: DC-17m (default in blaster rifle mode)
Abilities:
- Sniper rifle mode
- Granade launcher mode
- Melee mode with vibroblade

pj7y79eaaboj.png

BX-series droid commando
6xnd12qm9g9v.png

Main weapon: E-5 blaster
Abilities:
- Personal shield
- Thermal detonator
- Melee mode with vibrodagger

fydq0vi6c38x.png
8r3in54j2oe5.png

Alliance Special Forces - Rebel Marine
qhi2fvrv9r4p.png
oaw4lc4af689.png

Main weapon: A310 blaster rifle
Abilities:
- Merr-Sonn C-35 fragmentation grenade
- Fabritech Q4-E quadnoculars (Imaging screen surface catches the approach of Imperials)
- DH-17 blaster pistol

Storm commando
9y8cnufmaf81.png
3eqlao3aggwz.png

Main weapon: E-11 blaster
Abilities:
- Thermal detonator
- Oppressor flamethrower
- Evasive-226-R field disruptor

First Order Special Forces
bhe0slji7nj3.png
85c5z71tb87f.png

Main weapon: black SE-44C pistol
Abilities:
- Pyro denton explosive (with remote detonator)
- Advanced sensor mode (detection of enemies behind walls and it stand out in the screen possible dangers like enemies that aim you.
- Homing Shot (with multiples shots)( if you have activate the Advanced sensor, it isn't requiered to aim to the enemies, enemies automatic selection)
ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
Post edited by JediPacoElFlaco on

Replies

• Yes and also we need a sential class. Just to let you know you could get bann for linking your forums as stating in the forum rules, just letting you know. Be careful on the forums
  • Also for vehicles classes we need light artillery and barrage classes
  • Yes and also we need a sential class. Just to let you know you could get bann for linking your forums as stating in the forum rules, just letting you know. Be careful on the forums

Thank you to inform me. I didn't know.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • DrX2345
    2883 posts Member
    Cool. There are some other decent commando/recon concepts out there, as well as just other reinforcement classes in general, and this is a decent one too. One thing I would say is there should be one of these for each faction, not just the Republic and Separatists, and also I think it's generally better for reinforcements to have generic abilities across the board and one unique-ish one, rather than completely different abilities between them. For example, all Aerial abilities are identical and have the same effect (B2's Rocket Launcher is called Wrist Rocket, but it's the same ability). And with Enforcers, they all have their health boost ability (Fortify I think), Overload which has different effects for each Enforcer, and some sort of explosive weapon (all different). Obviously have different weapons and health can vary from faction to faction, but in general you want at least two shared abilities.
    Maybe the Commando class could by default have a medium RoF, mid-range blaster rifle, then can switch out to a sniper rifle, use an explosive weapon, and have some sort of stealth scramble mode which gives them night vision when they zoom in, scrambles enemy scanners and gives them a slight speed boost? IMO that's a decent concept, alright obviously more detail would be needed.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    Cool. There are some other decent commando/recon concepts out there, as well as just other reinforcement classes in general, and this is a decent one too. One thing I would say is there should be one of these for each faction, not just the Republic and Separatists, and also I think it's generally better for reinforcements to have generic abilities across the board and one unique-ish one, rather than completely different abilities between them. For example, all Aerial abilities are identical and have the same effect (B2's Rocket Launcher is called Wrist Rocket, but it's the same ability). And with Enforcers, they all have their health boost ability (Fortify I think), Overload which has different effects for each Enforcer, and some sort of explosive weapon (all different). Obviously have different weapons and health can vary from faction to faction, but in general you want at least two shared abilities.
    Maybe the Commando class could by default have a medium RoF, mid-range blaster rifle, then can switch out to a sniper rifle, use an explosive weapon, and have some sort of stealth scramble mode which gives them night vision when they zoom in, scrambles enemy scanners and gives them a slight speed boost? IMO that's a decent concept, alright obviously more detail would be needed.

Yeah mabey incorporate shadow troopers and red clothe rebel trooper
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    419 posts Member
    edited July 28
    DrX2345 wrote: »

There aren't conflict, look that the special classes with the star cards you can't change the abilities or the weapons.

Really there are two shared abilities: launch grenade and melee mode.

The night vision wouldn't be a activable ability but automatic in some maps variants like Tatoine at nigh
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • DrX2345
    2883 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »

There aren't conflict, look that the special classes with the star cards you can't change the abilities or the weapons.

Really there are two shared abilities: launch grenade and melee mode.

The night vision wouldn't be a activable ability but automatic in some maps variants like Tatoine at nigh
    I don't think there should be a 'melee mode' if it's just a knife, that seems like more of a unique melee animation and maybe they do bonus damage. I think people would take issue with automatic NV, as it isn't very reliable and when it's not highlighting enemies properly you're just at a disadvantage. Also, the night maps generally aren't dark enough to warrant automatic NV.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • I sincerely fail to see the point of these threads.

Suggestions

Dreaming is free
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • stevenomes
    4597 posts Member
    Keep your enthusiasm. it will sever you well. a new class is so sorely needed but its also so far away from here. like luke said to Ben Kenobi, it's such a long way from here. "thats your uncle talking". Your ideas are great. i hope they do it i just dont have any faith they will. we'll be lucky to get season 3 without massive problems and kill switches.

Thank you to inform me. I didn't know.

If EA bans you then that just means there waisting valuable time on nonsense ?

• Update!
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Little by little completing it
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • I like the idea, more classes with different new abilities can only enrich the gameplay at this time, i honestly don't think it will happen but it would be a welcome.
  • Some idea to Resistance commando trooper ?
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • This is never going to happen, these devs can’t even fix bugs that have been alive since launch.
  • If there aren't wookies in Geonosis, this is a posible solution.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg