criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

It just isn't fair

Empire_TW
5120 posts Member
He'll never get out of there.

Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
au1nfqtfyt82.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member
    He didn't stand a chance...
    8dpg068i1jje.gif

p249ccoa3zsy.gif

au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Ha serves him right for taking to the air
    But tbf, I don't think there's anything you can do against that. Even a reasonable nerf to the ion torpedo wouldn't change the fact that there's what, nine of them chasing him?
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Piscettios
    5388 posts Member
    He got a half strafe in. BP well spent.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Funny part is it only takes 1 to kill him. What kinda tricks and flips you gotta do to get outta that situation
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    Ha serves him right for taking to the air
    But tbf, I don't think there's anything you can do against that. Even a reasonable nerf to the ion torpedo wouldn't change the fact that there's what, nine of them chasing him?

I think it was 11, I didn't even fire my last one off at him.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • SMTHook
    223 posts Member
    If they allowed team chat and true clan play you'd see some crazy stuff. I'd like to see 20 turrets in relatively the same spot. Or 40 trip mines in the same hallway. I'd of loved to have seen 11 ion torp chasing a doomed wing. Lol. So many cool things could be tried if 20 people could get on same page. Could you imagine 20 sentries lining up firing squad style? The closest as a lone wolf I've came to something similar was on first phase Kamino as a clone. We shut down the right side, there were many of us, and droids would approach the clear door and we were all right up against it emoting. I was laughing pretty hard.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Usually the opposite is true of this, with one guy trying shoot down 3 aircraft while the rest of the spaz team take pot shots with blasters wondering why they're getting torn up.
  • gbm
    362 posts Member
    What is the video highlighting?
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    gbm wrote: »

Look at all the ********** chasing him.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    He'll never get out of there.

D:
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Clone201
    3585 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    More players using ion torpedo - numbers are increasing, making vehicles a total joke because of its buff. There's zero point to playing Armor (or in the case of starkiller: air vehicles) anymore with that many running around.

Who thought it was good to give it three shots?
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • gbm
    362 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    More players using ion torpedo - numbers are increasing, making vehicles a total joke because of its buff. There's zero point to playing Armor (or in the case of starkiller: air vehicles) anymore with that many running around.

Who thought it was good to give it three shots?

Probably the same people who were tired of seeing strafe runs ending with 50+ kills on a GA map.
  • gbm wrote: »

What's the issue?
    People are using their loadouts to fight aircraft. They give up a slot in order to do so.
    I see no issue.

Well aren’t you just a stick in the mud.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member

What's the issue?
    People are using their loadouts to fight aircraft. They give up a slot in order to do so.
    I see no issue.

0 skill ion torpedo vs a ship that now takes skill to use.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• perfectly balanced /s
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

What's the issue?
    I see no issue.

Lol its not that hard to get easy kills with the torpedo by using it on a turret and blowing up anyone in range of the blast trust me its not as useless vs infantry as you might think.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    perfectly balanced /s

That air speeder...
    k5vrll2rg0kq.gif
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Clone201
    3585 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Lol its not that hard to get easy kills with the torpedo by using it on a turret and blowing up anyone in range of the blast trust me its not as useless vs infantry as you might think.

Ion Torpedo can one-hit infantry better than an improved thermal detonator (and it can go through walls, ceilings, bend around cover, etc, and still get you).
    Before you watch this link, you may be redirected, so be sure to go ''back'' once you've done so.

xboxdvr.com/gamer/ghost-killer823/video/55223591
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    life isnt fair sometimes.
  • Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    life isnt fair sometimes.

Even in a video game about a fictional universe?
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Just do a half loop & combo it into a full loop in the other direction. Torpedoes gone
  • hsf_
    1618 posts Member
    There is a simple fix for all of this, limit the number of each class that can be present on the battlefield. You know, like you do with the Enforcers... It makes things so much more simple, as you don't have 18 snipers on Hoth, or 11 Ion Torpedos chasing an Xwing. It brings a bit of balance, something this game is in desperate need of.

What's the issue?
    I see no issue.

What ends up being the issue is those ion torpedo users get enough BP off gullible players to get a hero.

Middling pilot and Twitch streamer; PSN ID: PopeHilarius

Check out my Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/popehilarius
  • Clone201 wrote: »

Ion Torpedo can one-hit infantry better than an improved thermal detonator (and it can go through walls, ceilings, bend around cover, etc, and still get you).
    Before you watch this link, you may be redirected, so be sure to go ''back'' once you've done so.

xboxdvr.com/gamer/ghost-killer823/video/55223591

Don’t make things up.
    #StarWars-y
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    perfectly balanced /s
    As all things should be.
    hsf_ wrote: »
    There is a simple fix for all of this, limit the number of each class that can be present on the battlefield. You know, like you do with the Enforcers... It makes things so much more simple, as you don't have 18 snipers on Hoth, or 11 Ion Torpedos chasing an Xwing. It brings a bit of balance, something this game is in desperate need of.
    But each Heavy can have three torpedos, so unless you want to limit it to 3 Heavies at any one time that's not going to change it. Also, obviously Enforcers are limited because they're Semite-heroes, and sometimes more effective than heroes in GA, but I don't really see it as an issue for regular infantry. It'd just and up being more trouble than it's worth - people would complain about not being able to play Officer, or a bug would appear and make one class unplayable for anyone, and it'd just end up in tears. Also, if there's 18 snipers on Hoth (I'm guessing Rebel snipers) it means there's no-one to use the launchers, so you might take some infantry losses in the walker phase but you're then going into the next phase with max reinforcements, so you're at an advantage.
    I think Ion Torpedoes should deal a bit less damage - maybe each one does 2/3 of the current damage, so overall it does the same damage as two current missiles? Not enough to kill a full health Armour vehicle, and I think you'd need all three to kill a Fighter (currently only two, I believe). Obviously you're still going to get people using it to counter vehicles - that's the point - but you won't get people taking out a freshly spawned AT-ST in one volley.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Maybe a minor nerf could be good
  • Idk why these devs always overkill things. "the ion torpedo can 1 hit ships and 3 hit At-St... lets give each heavy 3"
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Idk why these devs always overkill things. "the ion torpedo can 1 hit ships and 3 hit At-St... lets give each heavy 3"

Because they not actually test things?

Honestly at this point i really think they don't, yes there was a need to counter vehicles and starfighters, but we went from not effective at all for the Ion Torpedo to kill everything you see and still have some shots left over.
  • Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member
    Idk why these devs always overkill things. "the ion torpedo can 1 hit ships and 3 hit At-St... lets give each heavy 3"

They could have at least changed it where it takes the same slot as the ion turret.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Clone201
    3585 posts Member
    The MTTs' and Walkers' in Galactic Assault now often go below 50%, due to the ion torpedo buff. They also nerfed the health of these objectives long ago, that doesn't help either.

GA favors defense more... notably on Crait and Yavin IV...
  • Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member
    The MTTs' and Walkers' in Galactic Assault now often go below 50%, due to the ion torpedo buff. They also nerfed the health of these objectives long ago, that doesn't help either.

GA favors defense more... notably on Crait and Yavin IV...

It is really bad for Crait given that the First Order needs a good phase 1 and a perfect phase 2 to even have a chance at phase 3.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png

Wholeheartedly agree with this. We all know that the Ion Torpedo was rarely worth equipping prior to the buff as it was just too weak, and players that weren't willing to jump into a vehicle or Starfighter to actually counter the opposing players were getting killed with ease by those willing to utilize every tool in their disposal. The developers decided, in turn, to actually buff it so a single heavy with Ion Torpedo can take out AT-ST with ease.

While it previously took skill to actually destroy a Starfighter from the ground with a sniper, now you can just rely on the Ion Torpedo and your ability to hold your aim on the target for a few seconds to secure a kill or to shut down that Starfighter's strafing abilities.

What happened to moderately tuning things? Instead of giving it three shots before a reload, why not try increasing its damage? Or perhaps even disabling the targetted vehicle for a few seconds? No, that's apparently too hard and it's way easier to just ensure that even a monkey can use the Ion Torpedo proficiently.
  • Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member
    Idk why these devs always overkill things. "the ion torpedo can 1 hit ships and 3 hit At-St... lets give each heavy 3"

Wholeheartedly agree with this. We all know that the Ion Torpedo was rarely worth equipping prior to the buff as it was just too weak, and players that weren't willing to jump into a vehicle or Starfighter to actually counter the opposing players were getting killed with ease by those willing to utilize every tool in their disposal. The developers decided, in turn, to actually buff it so a single heavy with Ion Torpedo can take out AT-ST with ease.

While it previously took skill to actually destroy a Starfighter from the ground with a sniper, now you can just rely on the Ion Torpedo and your ability to hold your aim on the target for a few seconds to secure a kill or to shut down that Starfighter's strafing abilities.

What happened to moderately tuning things? Instead of giving it three shots before a reload, why not try increasing its damage? Or perhaps even disabling the targetted vehicle for a few seconds? No, that's apparently too hard and it's way easier to just ensure that even a monkey can use the Ion Torpedo proficiently.

Giving it a damage buff seems like it would have been easier to code then reworking it to shoot 3 missiles.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Clone201
    3585 posts Member
    edited July 2018

They doubled its damage, increased projectile turning ratio (more effective against fast moving targets), AND gave the Ion Torpedo three shots, so it's worse than you think... This is overkill!

• Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member

They doubled its damage, increased projectile turning ratio (more effective against fast moving targets), AND gave the Ion Torpedo three shots, so it's worse than you think... This is overkill!

I think I said it before that if they were gonna overpower it like this it could have also been made the same slot as ion turret so they can't have both.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Clone201
    3585 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    -Deleted Comment-
    Post edited by Clone201 on
  • Landeaux2
    3034 posts Member

Well...
  • IronSoldier
    3229 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Moved to weapon feedback
  • FriedPizza773
    1146 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm glad you brought this up, @Empire_TW! I got some good clips to show just how OP the Ion Torpedo really is during my gameplay on Crait!

The first two videos show that I got killed by Ion Torpedoes 10 times (including most likely the last one) and 8 times, respectively:

While a third video shows that I got 11 kills with my Ion Torpedo:

So basically, it is a nightmare for Ski-speeders when trying to move across the map to get some kills. :dizzy: