criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

DICE: Damage Reduction for Heroes below HALF HEALTH? Arcade Only

Tell me where and when Heroes got Damage Reduction while below half health on Arcade?

Great SWBF youtuber RivaThames recently made a video comparing lightsaber values, and he discovered Heroes would get damage reduction while below half health. He didnt test against any kind of blaster damage, so maybe they only get this resistance to lightsaber attacks, or to Hero attacks, more tests are needed to check this out. However, just after posting it he realized this was an Arcade only feature, so he had to re-upload the entire video.

I'd love to do these tests, but you, DICE, insists on not allowing PC players to have Splitscreen, and I don't have the money to get a Console and a copy of SWBFII for it.

However, back in April I did many tests on values of this game when the SplitScreen mod worked properly. And back then Heroes didn't have this damage reduction. Your update logs become more and more a piece of doubtful info as some changes actually don't work or hadn't been implemented at all, some infos that should be there are missing, and only a handful of info is correct.

So this confirms you either did a DRASTIC CHANGE to Hero Combat in Arcade between these 3 months and haven't told us about it, or made Arcade even more different then Multiplayer to make the lives of us the testers even harder when testing things on this game, or even this is a NEW BUG which for now is restricted to Arcade, but as you love to come with strange bugs every now and then, I wouldn't be surprised if this spilled out to Multiplayer modes eventually.

Could you clarify? Or will we stay in the darkness as usual?
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Isn't there a star card that does that on some hero? But idk for all heroes. Weird. I can't imagine that's intentional, I would guess it's a bug as I don't recall any mention of that and I don't see any reason for it to have been changed. Very strange.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    Isn't there a star card that does that on some hero? But idk for all heroes. Weird. I can't imagine that's intentional, I would guess it's a bug as I don't recall any mention of that and I don't see any reason for it to have been changed. Very strange.

No card that I'm aware of. Kylo had a damage buff while on 25% or lower health, but that card doesn't work at all since launch, has been reported on February by @EventHorizionOH , but no response came, and no fix too.

This is a very strange change indeed, and I too think this is a BUG that's still confined to arcade. But who knows if/when it'll spill out to MP modes. To HvV this may not make much difference as all players will get the benefit. But if it goes to GA, Heroes will become much more resilient.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Were you looking at a recent video including Yoda? Because I'm pretty sure he has damage resistance.
  • A card for it I mean
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Probably just another bug.

Don’t think it’s DICE’s choice holding back pc splitscreen. Not many other games have it gotta be some reason.

Still hope they add online arcade.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    602 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @Techkiddz
    No it has nothing to do with Yoda the video I saw, it was present on heroes and villains like Iden, Luke, Rey, Kylo. He pretty much tested several different heroes and that happened. It's RivaThames, if you go to his lightsaber comparison damage video, which he uploaded recently, you'll see his pinned comment about having to reupload it as the damage reduction found was an Arcade Only feature.

And yes Yoda has a damage reduction card, but not one that kicks in while below a certain percentage of health. It's 8% at Epic level and it simply gives him dmg reduction for everything at any time. And I'm not aware of any dmg reduction card that only starts while below a certain amount of health. Maul has also a permanent dmg reduction card like yoda, but for blaster damage only. The rest of the heroes have temporary reductions which are only in effect for a fixed amount of time or while a certain skill or property is in effect. Not one that only kicks in after the health has dropped below a specific value.

@Evazan127
    If it isn't their choice to not bring Arcade to PC, then those who run the SWBFII Modding Discord are liars, and most of their community is equally guilty for not turning their lies up. The ones who created the SplitScreen mod openly said that the only thing they had to do was to modify the game to allow the splitscreen menu to be accessible. From there everything was already made, they didn't create the splitscreen modes, they just allowed us to reach them, as they were already in the code of the PC copy of the game.

I don't think they lied, and it's very unlikely that they did this, so to me it's DICE who's holding back. Like DICE is holding back on allowing PC Players to remove the AIM-Assist feature when playing with a controller. It sure is trivial to do, but it means effort and time consumed, which they don't have with the loads of BUGs and other issues with the game, and all new content that's supposed to come.

Thing is, SplitScreen (and the AIM-Assist too) won't really please the community, just a small percentage of PC Players, which are a small percentage of Total Players, so why should they care? They think with numbers, and I understand that, but I don't agree with that.
    Post edited by RogueZeroRendar on
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • Devlin21
    8239 posts Member
    Has it been found in multiplayer?

This would be good in ga.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• AVGN
    430 posts Member
    I'm telling you, with every patch they end up changing lots off stuff unintentionally, either that or they are not so transparent with their patch notes after all...
    What were they thinking?
    4m5mwt7f169k.gif
  • Devlin21
    8239 posts Member
    AVGN wrote: »
    I'm telling you, with every patch they end up changing lots off stuff unintentionally, either that or they are not so transparent with their patch notes after all...

They cant include everything Ben said. :|
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Bug. I found it recently and my jaw dropped. Quit out of Arcade and fired it back up under the same exact conditions and it wasn't there anymore.

I don't think I've encountered it ever online thankfully.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    @RogueZeroRendar in saying why would they intentional hold back content that they never planned on releasing? It’s not like DLC where it would look bad but could still make sense profit wise. I’m saying there has got to be a reason why they can’t allow/put it in the game.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    602 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Has it been found in multiplayer?

This would be good in ga.
    Not that I'm aware of
    Couldn't agree more!
    I think both

They cant include everything Ben said. :|
    That's very bad. At leats some info is true.
    Evazan127 wrote: »
    @RogueZeroRendar in saying why would they intentional hold back content that they never planned on releasing? It’s not like DLC where it would look bad but could still make sense profit wise. I’m saying there has got to be a reason why they can’t allow/put it in the game.

I don't think there's more reason then that during the making of the game, design-wise they decided to not allow it for PC, and since then they didn't consider this change to be important enough to enter on their list of changes. Allowing a mode is trivial in concept, but sometime their spaghetti code makes it hard to do this change, and as such they prefer to put effort on things which will please a bigger portion of the community. A small percentage of PC players is too small a portion of all players to make them care about this IMO
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif