criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Leia HvV need help

Disclaimers: I don't play HvV much, I rarely ever play Leia in anything, and was visiting family where internet was not as good as what I'm accustomed to. Answers such as git gud, learn to play as a team, and lag may all apply.

I played some Leia in HvV to rank her up this weekend. I had fun and definitely improved but struggled at times. I'd appreciate some feedback.

1. I know her secondary fire was nerfed regarding splash damage and tracking angle but it appeared to me to work more like a pulse cannon with no tracking whatsoever. I swear I was aiming dead on a Boba camping on top of Maz Castle, Endor catwalks etc but it would rarely hit. I quit using it and frankly wished I could just zoom in the primary with L2 instead. Her primary packs quite a punch when I can get those headshots but I'm very inconsistent.
2. I want to like her L1-R1 ability because I prefer automatic weapons but that thing seems awful. It sprays everywhere and I swear it's like my sensitivity is jacked up + 30 when trying to aim it.
3. Is there ever a situation where the shield has any use in HvV? The only time I deployed it was an accident.
4. I'm the queen of assists. So many times I think I did 3/4 of the damage only to have a teammate get the kill (and often they're blocking my shots with their melee heroes). Often that health on kill would have been so handy when I was the target but nope, got the assist.
5. Many times I'm trying to roll forward when being attacked but end up rolling backwards only to be slashed yet again with a red lightsaber.
6. When I successfully took down a Kylo or Vader I wondered how much the stamina changes factored into the outcome. Will playing Leia be much less fun when they undo those changes? I still need to rank up Han and Lando too so I'm afraid my window of opportunity will be closing soon.
7. What star cards do you like best? I was using health on kill, more health (or is it more health regen I don't remember), and reduced damage with E-11 which was a waste since I quit using the L1-R1 ability.

Thanks!

Replies

• TheUltimateHope
    532 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Leia is great in HvV. Let the deluded saber heroes come to you thinking it's an easy kill for them, you can even be lazy and not roll once and beat them in a "who can put more damage on the other" contest them with that E-11.

My favourite prey for that is Kylo and that juicy Frenzy (even if Kylo is everyone's fav tbh), he can't even cancel it when he realize he **** up.
  • Leia is great in HvV. Let the deluded saber heroes come to you thinking it's an easy kill for them, you can even be lazy and not roll once and beat them in a "who can put more damage on the other" contest them with that E-11.

My favourite prey for that is Kylo and that juicy Frenzy (even if Kylo is everyone's fav tbh), he can't even cancel it when he realize he **** up.

Lmao this! the only one she can't best is vader
  • Defbored
    854 posts Member
    Her machine gun (whatever it's called), is bad a**. I use it as much as I can in hvv. Gotta go for those headshots.
  • Leia is great in HvV. Let the deluded saber heroes come to you thinking it's an easy kill for them, you can even be lazy and not roll once and beat them in a "who can put more damage on the other" contest them with that E-11.

Lmao this! the only one she can't best is vader

She can unless he's got Focuser Rage active. I do it often
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    Disclaimers: I don't play HvV much, I rarely ever play Leia in anything, and was visiting family where internet was not as good as what I'm accustomed to. Answers such as git gud, learn to play as a team, and lag may all apply.

I played some Leia in HvV to rank her up this weekend. I had fun and definitely improved but struggled at times. I'd appreciate some feedback.

1. I know her secondary fire was nerfed regarding splash damage and tracking angle but it appeared to me to work more like a pulse cannon with no tracking whatsoever. I swear I was aiming dead on a Boba camping on top of Maz Castle, Endor catwalks etc but it would rarely hit. I quit using it and frankly wished I could just zoom in the primary with L2 instead. Her primary packs quite a punch when I can get those headshots but I'm very inconsistent.
    2. I want to like her L1-R1 ability because I prefer automatic weapons but that thing seems awful. It sprays everywhere and I swear it's like my sensitivity is jacked up + 30 when trying to aim it.
    3. Is there ever a situation where the shield has any use in HvV? The only time I deployed it was an accident.
    4. I'm the queen of assists. So many times I think I did 3/4 of the damage only to have a teammate get the kill (and often they're blocking my shots with their melee heroes). Often that health on kill would have been so handy when I was the target but nope, got the assist.
    5. Many times I'm trying to roll forward when being attacked but end up rolling backwards only to be slashed yet again with a red lightsaber.
    6. When I successfully took down a Kylo or Vader I wondered how much the stamina changes factored into the outcome. Will playing Leia be much less fun when they undo those changes? I still need to rank up Han and Lando too so I'm afraid my window of opportunity will be closing soon.
    7. What star cards do you like best? I was using health on kill, more health (or is it more health regen I don't remember), and reduced damage with E-11 which was a waste since I quit using the L1-R1 ability.

Thanks!

I love using Leia in HvV! I agree with everything @Empire_TW said, and his suggested load out.

Apologies if this obvious, but just in case: Head shots are a must. When 1v1 with a saber user, fire away and allow them to approach, that way when you roll forward, you’ll end up behind them. More head shots, and don’t get greedy before rolling to flank again and again. Taking a hit or two is ok too because it could entice them to mash and be stuck in saber swing animations for you to score more head shots.

Here’s a somewhat comical video of me with a crew of randos having some success with Leia highlighting what I’m talking about. Also, DO NOT use squad shield as an emote lol - this was intended as a joke - one of a few instances to actually use it is to save yourself as a target, or if you are chasing a target and have a blaster villain chasing you; it could save you some time to finish off the enemy target. In general, I would stray away from using it as @Empire_TW suggested, it will do more harm to your teammates than good.

The last thing I’ll recommend is purchasing all of her skins so you can look environment-consistent Greasing enemies, ha!

In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • * So her middle ability is your close range weapon and helpful in burning down advancing Darkside saber aggression. It's not a long range weapon.
    * Heal on kill cards are a waste in HvV. If you need health just start menu > respawn.
    * Her barrier is situationally useful against certain team comps that are trying to battle at range on maps with long sight lines.
    * Her alt fire was nerfed but it still hits through saber block.
    * Her base blaster damage is still really powerful.
    * Flashbang is decent soft CC.

(Old Patch) HvV-Brawler/Support Yoda Teamfight Series
    (Old Patch) Yoda - Block/Unleash video guide

• Leia is only good if ur against noobs. Any good villain will drop Leia healthy unless ur team are all attacking the villain attcaking u. In a 1v1 against any villain u will lose more than half ur health.
  • Rebel Heart, Relentless Firing
    Third can be any besides the shield ones.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • bfloo
    12883 posts Member
    Only things her shield is good for is setting traps and using it to block a choke point as you retreat.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Leia is only good if ur against noobs. Any good villain will drop Leia healthy unless ur team are all attacking the villain attcaking u. In a 1v1 against any villain u will lose more than half ur health.

So wrong, especially if you have good aim, headshot damage from her gun is insane

Hahahahaaa. No.

Yes , I would love to see u use Leia against me or my friends . guaranteed u will not even kill us a single time. Unless we are really low health.

So wrong, especially if you have good aim, headshot damage from her gun is insane

Same for u. I would love to see u use her against good players not players that just stand there, not block with a saber.

Same for u. I would love to see u use her against good players not players that just stand there, not block with a saber.

If you play on PC and they ever fix the issues with connections, which stops me from playing the last 4 days then i am happy to take up the challenge.
  • Leia is awesome. Her secondary blaster has helped me clear out opponents that were picking on my teammate and clear out an annoying Bobba, but it is too slow if they are in my face. Her shield is great when the opponents are using blasters and, if you have a coordinated team, it is a great distraction. And her automated gun clears any confident hero that thinks she is an easy target. I find she is a great offense with a back up hero as players quickly go for her. Whether they hate Leia or me, is unknown to me. :smile:

If you play on PC and they ever fix the issues with connections, which stops me from playing the last 4 days then i am happy to take up the challenge.

Damn , well ig we can't ??. Well ig we have to wait whenever cross play comes to battlefront. ☺
  • she is a beast in HvV her E-11 does crazy damage and her secondary fire if aimed well can knock down a flying boba.
  • Iden vs leia , phasma vs leia , maul vs leia is an instant drop of health or even draining her to 0.
  • Iden vs leia , phasma vs leia , maul vs leia is an instant drop of health or even draining her to 0.

I've killed Maul everytime he rushes at me, except when I'm at less that half health. Maul is easy. Darth Vader is hardest to take down because of his block.
  • Devlin21
    8196 posts Member
    Iden vs leia , phasma vs leia , maul vs leia is an instant drop of health or even draining her to 0.

Iden dead
    Maul dead.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Devlin21
    8196 posts Member
    moltentown wrote: »
    Iden vs leia , phasma vs leia , maul vs leia is an instant drop of health or even draining her to 0.

I've killed Maul everytime he rushes at me, except when I'm at less that half health. Maul is easy. Darth Vader is hardest to take down because of his block.

Keep a bit of distance with vader. Unload secondary fire through his block to weaken him.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

Iden dead
    Maul dead.

QTF indeed
  • moltentown wrote: »

I killed every Leia as maul without losing more than 200 health. Even if I'm low i manage to take her down right to 250 or lower.

Iden dead
    Maul dead.

Sike . leia dead. Leia dead again.

Hahahahaaa. No.

Yes , I would love to see u use Leia against me or my friends . guaranteed u will not even kill us a single time. Unless we are really low health.

I wonder how good you would do without your team of friends?
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Leia shield is actually good in hvv in a few instances where you need to protect someone from distant fire or if I am chasing a target and getting shot from behind i drop the shield to give me a barrier so i can finish off the target before being shot to death from behind.
  • moltentown wrote: »

I think Vader is easier because he usually lumbers when he swings so you just need to roll and blind him and try and get behind him. Maul is tricky if you get someone who force spins faster than you can track him.

Hahahahaaa. No.

I imagine the same as with them....poorly
  • TheScape
    1381 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    About the secondary fire ability, it used to be a good way to force lightsaber users to stop holding block before the stamina changes. Same as Chewbacca's Bowcaster or Iden's secondary. I wish it was also useful for running Bobas, but after all the changes the tracking is quite bad.
  • Leia's defender pistol>all other blasters.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Leia's defender pistol>all other blasters.

Not quite Upto Hans level but close
  • NomiSunstrider
    1528 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Leia's defender pistol>all other blasters.

Not quite Upto Hans level but close

I prefer Leia's it feels more consistent but yeah Han's deal more damage per bolt.
    I guess I prefer burst weapons more.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    If a Maul runs at you and you're both full health, Leia will always win. You don't even have to use the E-11(although it might help), just keep firing as quickly as possible and as long as you hit most of the shots (not too tricky as they tend to mash) then, as that droid says, Qui-Gon will be laughing somewhere.
    I've beaten a Kylo who froze me from behind then started attacking me from behind, rolled a couple times, used the same tactic as Maul on him.
    I believe she can quite easily out-DPS any DS blaster user, maybe Iden can beat her in a 1v1 with the right cards and she gets the first shots (possibly from side/behind). Gotta watch out for Boba's rockets, but if you see him you can take him down with any of her ranged abilities. I've blinded a few (more or less stationary hovering tbf) Boba's with the flash grenade as well, but it does need good aim and target prediction. Or if he's flying and about to go past a tall wall, eg Mos Eisley or the big containers on Death Star, you can hit that and he'll get caught in the flash.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • 1. Leia doesn't need any star cards
    2. Leia doesn't need any ability
    3. Leia just press fire reload fire reload fire reload
  • Empire_TW
    3809 posts Member

Nah Iden's TL-50 is better.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Hahahahaaa. No.

I do great. I'm not one of those players that always need a team of friends to do good. The only time I lose is bcuz I'm against a full team of friends with not the best teammates. If it was a 4v4 between them and me n my friends then i'm pretty sure we would win both sides.
  • If any Leia is up to see how well she can do against a good team of maul,Vader,,boba , i would love to see u use her against me and my friends. I hope u don't change to Chewbacca and hopefully u kill us all and finish first place. ?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

Nah Iden's TL-50 is better.

With superior than average aim it isn’t