criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

OMG! This is pure, gold-encrusted heaven! Please Dice please...

Kyle2295
254 posts Member

Everyone, especially if you haven't seen gameplay of this, I urge you to watch this clip. Each minute reveals another grin on your face as you see more and more of what you've always wanted come to life. Imagine if this was only updated with this generations graphics and all that. Please Dice and EA. This is what we want. This is why it saddens me so much to see bf 2017 the way it is. Please redeem yourselves.

Replies

• Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Make sure to listen to what he says
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    IT would be great, but unless they were going to have AI (like, quite a lot) I don't think you could have this. But if we did, it would be so cool especially with modern graphics and game mechanics.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    The Star Wars game we want :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    The Star Wars game we want :'(

And the one we deserve.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    IT would be great, but unless they were going to have AI (like, quite a lot) I don't think you could have this. But if we did, it would be so cool especially with modern graphics and game mechanics.

Thats why we need more AI and less players. We could have say, 100 AI per match, and two teams of 4 real players or something. Imagine.
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    Kyle2295 wrote: »

Thats why we need more AI and less players. We could have say, 100 AI per match, and two teams of 4 real players or something. Imagine.
    lhjladndgqhz.gif

No thanks, I prefer my MP experience without watered down filler AI. Any time someone suggests more AI in multiplayer, its the worst idea since the last time someone suggested it.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member

hd8tsnj686kf.png

h846398gb27k.png

• Versatti
    2076 posts Member

Really? But the AI is so dumb right now.

I think I’d prefer a cross platform server with upto 100 players per match. Although I hate to think what the lag would be like.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »

I think I’d prefer a cross platform server with upto 100 players per match. Although I hate to think what the lag would be like.

I don't mean to use the current pathetic AI. I mean have actual good AI obviously.
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »

I don't mean to use the current pathetic AI. I mean have actual good AI obviously.

9ip04vvcd737.gif

‘No AI is good AI’ -Wisdom of Ziro, Chapter IX
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • The General Grievous animation looks weird, and I really hope they go for something different with this new Grievous. Utapau would be a great map if they brought it into the game. I liked how the old game told you how much health your enemy had left instead of you just blasting away at a ship until they are dead. I can see a few other things I don't like about that game.
    I really hope they work on making the AI more advanced in Arcade. But it shouldn't be in the multiplayer modes. I really hope the new conquest mode allows for their to be more than 20 players on each side.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • This looks boring with all the horrible AI. And the guy talking during the video is unbearable. Sounds like he got lost on the way to a monster truck rally, ended up at a Star Wars convention and fell in love with it. The concept sounds good, but this looked like n.o fun. Yeah I want to board a ship just to shoot out turrets and mow down clueless AI characters... LAAAME
    PSN: computerson
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    This looks boring with all the horrible AI. And the guy talking during the video is unbearable. Sounds like he got lost on the way to a monster truck rally, ended up at a Star Wars convention and fell in love with it. The concept sounds good, but this looked like n.o fun. Yeah I want to board a ship just to shoot out turrets and mow down clueless AI characters... LAAAME

Ok have Dice on rails vehicles, limited areas, repetetive scripts and half full lobbies with less then half the content. Sounds much better...
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Besides, I don't get why a lot of you guys seem to hate the thought of AI. This is a role-playing game, if you want competitive shooters play something else like call of duty. The best games out there use AI eg the witcher 3. It opens the doors to so much more you don't understand.
  • why does this dude sound like he's blowing a load in his pantaloons like 8 times?

Couldn't take it seriously because my sides hurt.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    Besides, I don't get why a lot of you guys seem to hate the thought of AI. This is a role-playing game, if you want competitive shooters play something else like call of duty. The best games out there use AI eg the witcher 3. It opens the doors to so much more you don't understand.

Human players are harder to predict.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Yeah, and it makes me feel better when I am able to beat learning and thinking competition. AI can only do so much, and only in a predictable fashion; but humans are great for competition, because they are far harder to fight. It makes me feel cool fighting with people that are just as smart, if not more so, than I am.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Of course it seems amazing in theory to make a completely free ground to space battle for EA battlefront but everything seems good in theory.

Like around the time of Battlefront 2 trailers everyone thought the game looked so amazing but clearly the overall opinion has changed since then.

Inputting something like this in to multiplayer could lead to countless problems.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

lhjladndgqhz.gif

No thanks, I prefer my MP experience without watered down filler AI. Any time someone suggests more AI in multiplayer, its the worst idea since the last time someone suggested it.

I suspect you're in the minority. :wink:
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Evazan127 wrote: »
    Of course it seems amazing in theory to make a completely free ground to space battle for EA battlefront but everything seems good in theory.

Inputting something like this in to multiplayer could lead to countless problems.

1. But it's past the theory stage already. You are literally watching real gameplay of this in action in a game that is over 10 years old. Imagine the potential now.

2. I know, I don't expect it to have predominantly real people, but instead Ai.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member

Yeah, and it makes me feel better when I am able to beat learning and thinking competition. AI can only do so much, and only in a predictable fashion; but humans are great for competition, because they are far harder to fight. It makes me feel cool fighting with people that are just as smart, if not more so, than I am.

Fair enough. But the things is, real players don't 'feel' like star wars. You just see people jumping and rolling constantly or trying to exploit whatever they can to win (even rubber banding). What I want from a battlefront game is a star wars experience. Besides, EA has an absolute **** ton of money, I'm sure they could manage to build half decent AI if they wanted to. In fact, isn't FIFA all AI.
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member

Fair enough. But the things is, real players don't 'feel' like star wars. You just see people jumping and rolling constantly or trying to exploit whatever they can to win (even rubber banding). What I want from a battlefront game is a star wars experience. Besides, EA has an absolute **** ton of money, I'm sure they could manage to build half decent AI if they wanted to. In fact, isn't FIFA all AI.

I'm not opposed to it being put into arcade, but i don't want to go 4v4 with 96 ai for each side to farm.

h846398gb27k.png