criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Shark Week Thoughts

I am really sad that Shark Week is over. For me, sharks are one of the most amazing predators on the planet. I live and breath sharks, and I can't wait for next year. I just started following Andy Casagrande and Dr. Craig O'Connell on their social media pages. But I want to know your thoughts about it. What was your favorite thing about Shark Week, what is your favorite shark, and have you ever had any experiences with sharks?
I really enjoyed watching Great White Shark Babies. I thought that was really cool, seeing baby White Sharks, and learning that they might be monogamous (To me, that would be really amazing, and prove that they aren't monster).
My personal favorite, when it comes to sharks would be the White Shark. But I am also partial to the Whale Shark.
My first experience with sharks was when I was 7 and I went to Seaworld in San Antonio. I saw a Sand Tiger Shark, who swam by the glass and looked me right in the eyes. #Magical I also got to see several Nurse Sharks, but they were just resting on the bottom of the tank, like they normally do.
itt96uodu82s.gif
Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Replies

• I have been studying sharks since I was 6 years old. They don't freak my out like they do some people. Truth be told, to get over my fear of swimming in mirky water, I created my imaginary friend Coko the Mako Shark. I am from Texas, and Makos are a regular in the Gulf, so I chose that one.
    I just find being in the water to be so comforting, and I think that sharks are awesome. During my early preteen and teen years, my dream was to be a Marine Biologist and Shark Conservationist. So for me, Shark Week is kind of like a blessing.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Air jaws is easily the best. I like the informative ones compared to the speculation. (Stuff like the megalodon one) I like bear grills too, but not so much the rest. I liked last year's a bit better.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Shark week is great. IMO this years shark week was one of the best. Lots of entertaining episodes ranging on a variety of topics. I really enjoyed The megalodon episode and thought it was fun to watch. It’s fascinating to think a shark that massive existed at some point lol. Hope the upcoming megalodon movie is good.

As for my experience with sharks, I’ve had a few encounters. I’ve saw multiple species of shark at an aquarium and also incidentally caught sharks before while fishing at the beach. Most were smaller but one I caught was near 3 feet. I released them back of course and they honestly kinda feel like sand paper.
  • WarfareKiller41
    6101 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    So I’m guessing Jaws is one of your favorite movies
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • So I’m guessing Jaws is one of your favorite movies

I enjoy watching it. But it isn't one of my favorite movies. After the 2nd, they should have stopped making those movies. I mostly just watch Jaws when I am in the mood for a laugh.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    So I’m guessing Jaws is one of your favorite movies

First one is a classic. Definitely one of my favorites.