criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Double XP weekend is now over!

Prev13
EA_Tom
256 posts EA Community Manager
edited August 2018
Hi all,

With a slight delay, the Double XP event will now be available in the weekend of August 10-12. Here’s the timing for the event:

August 9, 3:01pm – August 12 2:59pm PDT
August 9, 10:01pm – August 12 9:59pm UTC
August 10, 12:01am – August 12 11:59pm CEST

Post edited by XXXO77O4906 on

Replies

• Thank you for the communication
  • August 10-12 event ends on August 11? Typo?
  • Juice
    35 posts Member
    Thank u sir now we can boost the emperor, good timing.
  • FriedPizza773
    1135 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hi all,

With a slight delay, the Double XP event will now be available in the weekend of August 10-12. Here’s the timing for the event:

Thank you @EA_Tom!

I wasn't sure if it comes either this weekend or the next, but know I know.

Though I probably gonna missed out just in August 12th due to my flight trip, nevertheless this is still good enough to spend a lot of good time for me to grind.
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
  • ImposinGamer
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    nice to see the coldfix is almost here.... no offense, but you guys must think we are not smart if you are delaying the patch. We know the clone skins have been finished for months, and making emotes and victory poses available for purchase can't be that hard. :\
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I am at a music festival all weekend. :(
  • relleuM
    148 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

Yea I got a vacation planned as well during this time :(
  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, at least I don't have to level up ships and vehicles for a bit longer.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Post edited by Spiito on
  • Ok thanks for the update!
  • Ristardo wrote: »
    Wait. while this is really great news. Whats the point of having a double XP weekend now if the ping site server issue isn't fixed. How will poeple get games to take advantage of it?

Plus wouldnt it have made sense to first deploy the patch and if all is good then announce the double XP weekend for the following week.

Your optimism for this patch to be bug free, seems quite positive. I hope for the DICE team and Bens sake that the past patch history is not going to repeat itself.

ping issue was going on last weekend as well but many were upset that double xp was postponed. either way it will be there soon. no matter what weekend they pick some may not be available. I dont know how big the ping issue is if its affecting say 5% of the players? nobody really knows. I hope they fix it soon though so people can play the game and enjoy it.
  • Thanks for the update. Hopefully we can get some clearer communication from you guys and possibly some more of these events in the future too!
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hi all,

I sure hope my 3-month Xbox Live subscription that I bought just for the summer doesn’t end before this.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • unlikely. maybe certain days for example anniversary of the game or star wars day I could see it possibly happening.
  • JD25
    154 posts Member
    nice to see the coldfix is almost here.... no offense, but you guys must think we are not smart if you are delaying the patch. We know the clone skins have been finished for months, and making emotes and victory poses available for purchase can't be that hard. :\

Actually it came with the base game
  • Why not just give us a double XP week since you guys forgot how to activate it when it was originally scheduled to be?

That's exactly what I'm talking about! It'd be a lot more convenient!
  • Is there any chance we could get Double XP weeks at some point? Weekends don't do me any good because I always have to work the closing shift every weekend. I'm sure several other players are stuck with weekend shifts, too.
    No, just you . . . :#

• Is there any chance we could get Double XP weeks at some point? Weekends don't do me any good because I always have to work the closing shift every weekend. I'm sure several other players are stuck with weekend shifts, too.
    No, just you . . . :#

Uh huh, sure.
  • Dan_The_Man
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Is there any chance we could get Double XP weeks at some point? Weekends don't do me any good because I always have to work the closing shift every weekend. I'm sure several other players are stuck with weekend shifts, too.

Betas, double XP, double currency, events etc. are mostly used as stress tests for servers at which the company who is hosting the servers monitors very closely to make adjustments in about every single game now developed.

In addition to giving a sudden influx of new players a community to actually play with.

If you noticed in particular with R6: Siege, they switched from giving out boosters (which can be used any day you like) to instead to 100% and eventually 50% extra days after an update simply because of what I just described became meaningless. The game was overly-active 1-2 years ago so they tended to use Thursdays instead of weekends as their stress tests to not overly stress the servers.

On average, most people play on the weekends, that's just the way it is. Try your best to get Fridays off (since this game always has 24hr boost on Fridays during these events) if your boss needs you on weekends.
  • CornellAKABCM
    193 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Is there any chance we could get Double XP weeks at some point? Weekends don't do me any good because I always have to work the closing shift every weekend. I'm sure several other players are stuck with weekend shifts, too.

Betas, double XP, double currency, events etc. are mostly used as stress tests for servers at which the company who is hosting the servers monitors very closely to make adjustments in about every single game now developed.

In addition to giving a sudden influx of new players a community to actually play with.

If you noticed in particular with R6: Siege, they switched from giving out boosters (which can be used any day you like) to instead to 100% and eventually 50% extra days after an update simply because of what I just described became meaningless. The game was overly-active 1-2 years ago so they tended to use Thursdays instead of weekends as their stress tests to not overly stress the servers.

On average, most people play on the weekends, that's just the way it is. Try your best to get Fridays off (since this game always has 24hr boost on Fridays during these events) if your boss needs you on weekends.

Until my workplace stops hiring people who decide they want to get fired within the first week, if they even bother to show up on Day 1, getting Friday off is not possible in any way. That's why I brought it up as a possible week-long thing.

Given my workplace's difficulty with hiring reliable, responsible people, getting Friday off is not possible.
  • Wait what are the times for EST?
  • JayJedi
    127 posts Member
    John_Zonbi wrote: »
    Wait what are the times for EST?

August 9, 6:01pm – August 12 5:59pm EST
  • Billkwando
    1013 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hi all,

2 weeks is a "slight delay"? That lines up perfectly with what you guys call a "hot fix", so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Y'all really earned that vacation, I'm tellin' you. It's amazing how you guys keep coming up with brand new ways to fail utterly and let everyone down.

DICE is a perfect name for a company that squanders customer good will faster than a gambling addict can burn through his paycheck.

and of course, the low hanging fruit.....that expecting you guys not to fall on your faces is a roil of the dice.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Billkwando
    1013 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Furthermore, ending a double xp weekend on at 3pm Sunday is ridiculous. I'm not discounting international fans here, because all of us matter, but Star Wars is an AMERICAN IP/media property, and I'm guessing Americans constitute at least half of the playerbase (if not the majority).

On the opening weekend of a new Star Wars movie , do you think Disney stops counting the domestic weekend box office gross on Sunday at 3pm???

The xp period should be extended from friday in Swedzerland, or wherever you guys are, to midnight Pacific time on Sunday.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Furthermore, ending a double xp weekend on a Saturday is ridiculous. I'm not discounting international fans here, because all of us matter, but Star Wars is an AMERICAN IP/media property, and I'm guessing Americans constitute at least half of the playerbase (if not the majority).

On the opening weekend of a new Star Wars movie , do you think Disney stops counting the domestic weekend box office gross on Saturday at 3pm???

The xp period should be extended from friday in Swedzerland, or wherever you guys are, to midnight Pacific time on Sunday.

Majority is most likely from Europe.

If you count all the wealthy, industrial countries like Italy, Germany, Spain, France, UK, etc. our population excels the US american. We love Star Wars just as much as the US citizens.

However, ending it in the afternoon is weird. Ending it 23:59 PDT would be 07:59 in central europe. I dont see a problem there.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • I have 950000 points now. Please give me something to spend them on.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • I have to agree that there is no point in having a Double XP Weekend while people cannot play the game because of the ping site issue. The ping site issue should be a major priority for the devs. It should have been fixed by the time Palps and Ewok Hunt are brought back in. What’s the point of bringing back these two things if part of the playerbase CAN’T EVEN PLAY. Decisions like this will only help kill the game.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • but yet just last week people were all over dice for postponing double xp weekend when the game was just as broken as it is now. ping site is still there and now they announced even next patch on Aug 7 wont have a fix.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    but yet just last week people were all over dice for postponing double xp weekend when the game was just as broken as it is now. ping site is still there and now they announced even next patch on Aug 7 wont have a fix.

I'm worried that their "fix" might end up with all of us in empty lobbies.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    but yet just last week people were all over dice for postponing double xp weekend when the game was just as broken as it is now. ping site is still there and now they announced even next patch on Aug 7 wont have a fix.

It was just another sign of incompetence. What I was REALLY annoyed about was that the ping site issue hadn't been fixed. It still hasn't been fixed and now those that can't play also can't get double-xp even though both were delayed. It's like this team is incapable of making a good decision.
  • Well, not only has the ping site issue not been addressed yet, there is still no mention whatsoever they are fixing it, or have a fix for it.
    This is a major issue compared to others, yet zero word from DICE about a fix being made for it ... yes they "acknowledged" it exists, and that is all.
    Great customer service ...
  • Devlin21
    8241 posts Member
    LeftTurnus wrote: »
    Well, not only has the ping site issue not been addressed yet, there is still no mention whatsoever they are fixing it, or have a fix for it.
    This is a major issue compared to others, yet zero word from DICE about a fix being made for it ... yes they "acknowledged" it exists, and that is all.
    Great customer service ...

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117195/update-ping-site-issues#latest
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Stalemate wrote: »

Enjoy its sucks you have to farm more but a day festival over battlefront 2 any day for me.
  • What's the point, I can't even play the game due to the lag!!!!
  • This is pointless if y U haven’t fixed the ping site issue because that means 96% of people won’t be able to play at all and the other 4% won’t be able to play because there won’t be enough people able to get in games please fix your bugs before adding new content
  • Can we just get 4XP like we did in BF4? Especially with the 2-week delay on this XP weekend.
    Admiral Jerjerrod
  • Can't wait to level up Armor, Vader, and Heavy. But yeah that lag issue is there and very common no matter how good your PC and internet connection may be.
  • Can we just get 4XP like we did in BF4? Especially with the 2-week delay on this XP weekend.

I am playing CoD WWII while waiting on this and they have 2xp all the time. It switches between game modes as this weekend it is all multi-player games. There are more 2x days than not. I'm afraid they have a long way to go to creatively and effectively pull that off.
  • Sweet. Can’t wait to take advantage of the double xp with all the games I’m able to join...
  • still struggling to level up Maul...the most vicious character in SW and he flops like greasy eggs. Maul owes me some bacon (give him a x'2 boost on health this weekend)
  • Greasy Eggs and Bacon? Sounds good. Now I'm hungry. (My Maul is also stuck with three blues until I can get him to Level 25, which is taking too long)
    "Kill him. Kill him now." - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
This discussion has been closed.