criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Update - Ping Site Issues

Prev1345678
EA_Tom
256 posts EA Community Manager
edited August 2018
UPDATE - August 30:

Hi everyone,

The Ping site issue has been fixed in the latest update. This means that your selection will now properly save.

However, we are aware of your reports that you are still experiencing problems finding matches. We're investigating this.

======================================================================================

Hi all,

We're looking to deploy a fix for the ping site issues currently targeted at an update later this month (to confirm: this will not be part of the August 7 patch). We'll share more information closer to that time.

In the meantime, here are all known current workarounds:

1. Try to disconnected your device from the Internet network while being in the game menu, so the "Lost connection to EA servers" message pops out. Then try to reconnect your PC/Xbox/PS4 and check if you're using the correct ping site now.

2. Xbox One only - deleting cloud saves
  • On Home, pull the right trigger, and then press A to open My games and apps.
  • Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
  • Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
  • Choose Delete everywhere.
  • Restart Console.

3. PlayStation 4 only - deleting profile file
  • Navigate to Settings > Storage > Game Data
  • Delete SWBF2 Profile file (~35MB)
  • Restart console.
  • Deleting the profile file will reset some of your settings in-game settings

-Tom
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Replies

• Jealyh wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    It may be top priority. What do you guys know about the complexity of the issue? Or how many people are working on it and which people are qualified to work on it?

Nothing. You know nothing about the issue other than it exists.

Is this seriously the only game you own? Play something else and stop whining. You complain and complain about lack of communication. They give you some news and you continue to complain...

We complain because we could play the game entering July, then they deployed the July update and suddenly we couldn't play it anymore. And it took a month just for the developers to acknowledge it and we still don't have an ETA on a fix. What "news" are you even referring to? We haven't gotten actual news in ages. Palpatine back? The problems leading to him being removed shouldn't have happened in the first place, not with proper testing beforehand.

And it's clear that this is not their top priority seeing as how they spend their efforts on bringing a hero and a game mode back instead of letting us play at all. All of this just to let us turn our ligthsabers off, a new stamina system that hardly anyone asked for, a THIRD Falcon and some new appearances that everyone could buy with credits they had saved up for months.

It's not clear. They may have had the qualified people working on this issue since day one. If you knew anything about computers and working with a team, you know that the whole team does not do the same thing.

Someone dudes work on characters and other dudes work on connection type stuff. The character guys don't work on the connection stuff and vise versa.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    It may be top priority. What do you guys know about the complexity of the issue? Or how many people are working on it and which people are qualified to work on it?

Is this seriously the only game you own? Play something else and stop whining. You complain and complain about lack of communication. They give you some news and you continue to complain...

From Sumptiz
    uiha8c3mnh4u.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • relleuM
    148 posts Member
    Agree this should be the top priority and this quick nonchalant post about a fix in a future update was disheartening to say the least.

This issue is game breaking. Some reporting unable to play at all. On PC in the US it is very hard to find games in certain modes, fortunately able to find games in GA and HVV with relative ease but the lag is bad. What would have been better to see is were sorry to see this issue impacting so many of you and we are working vigourosly on this issue. An update as to what is going on and if they are bringing in additional help to assist would go a long way.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're looking to deploy a fix for the ping site issues currently targeted at an update later this month (to confirm: this will not be part of the August 7 patch). We'll share more information closer to that time.

200w.webp
  • Jealyh wrote: »
    Jealyh wrote: »

We complain because we could play the game entering July, then they deployed the July update and suddenly we couldn't play it anymore. And it took a month just for the developers to acknowledge it and we still don't have an ETA on a fix. What "news" are you even referring to? We haven't gotten actual news in ages. Palpatine back? The problems leading to him being removed shouldn't have happened in the first place, not with proper testing beforehand.

And it's clear that this is not their top priority seeing as how they spend their efforts on bringing a hero and a game mode back instead of letting us play at all. All of this just to let us turn our ligthsabers off, a new stamina system that hardly anyone asked for, a THIRD Falcon and some new appearances that everyone could buy with credits they had saved up for months.

It's not clear. They may have had the qualified people working on this issue since day one. If you knew anything about computers and working with a team, you know that the whole team does not do the same thing.

Someone dudes work on characters and other dudes work on connection type stuff. The character guys don't work on the connection stuff and vise versa.

As someone with years of computers and networks as a job, it's never taken anywhere near a month to diagnose and fix network problems that render the entire service basically dead, working as many hours outside of normal hours as it takes until it's solved. I'm not saying I could've solved this in less time, but it should absolutely not take this long, and if the so called "qualified" people cannot do it within a reasonable time frame I'll say it's their responsibility to find someone who can (something I've done myself many times) and admit their own shortcomings instead of complete silence (and apparently taking vacations in the middle of it.. actual lol).

I have years of experience coding. It's all I did in college and a little while after college. So I feel for these guys. I don't know what your exact experience is but some of my code took months to write and debug. It happens.
    However, despite my (and your) experience, I don't know what exactly is wrong. I've never worked with video games or servers that are intended to take on thousands of people over hundreds of miles. We also don't work there. So who am I to tell them how long it should take them to fix an issue that I don't know anything about?

You guys can be mad at me for defending for them. The truth is not a single person here understands the issue or knows what is going into fixing it. Only angry assumptions.

They're rolling out a patch soon. We have to take that for what it is. Complaining and complaining and complaining isnt going to solve the issue any faster. The last 8 months or so should be evidence of that.
  • there is a work around posted in this thread. note I dont have the ping issue so I can't verify it works but seems a few have gotten past the empty lobby problem as well. could help some play the game if they are getting empty lobbies after fixing ping site.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/116441/i-cant-find-any-games-in-any-game-mode#latest
  • This should be the number 1 fix. Easily number 1.

And this thread should be number 1 as well.
    Keep it going people...
  • RyanTPR
    88 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Heck yeah! Double XP event coming up and can't get into any games. You know what this means guys, they can say they provided the Double XP event, when we can't play.

May as well go play BF2015 or RE:7
    fi25cdmw1fwm.png
  • And people wonder why a video game about a ball of yarn got more applause at EA Play in LA than SWBF 17 did.
    Yet again I find it hard to understand how a billion dollar property like Star Wars gets the bare minimum of support from EA/DICE. It is also ludicrous to believe that people will spend additional money to support this game through cosmetics when they can’t even access the game or experience lag that makes the game unplayable. I believe everyone would benefit if EA/DICE was left to work on the their Battlefield properties and let a different gaming company, that truly respects it consumers, to revive the SWBF franchise. EA/DICE has shown little to no interest in getting this right and doing so in a reasonable timeframe.
    The Twitter announcement yesterday about “might have noticed the Emperor is missing” tweet is not only laughable but an embarrassment while it smacks of disdain towards your consumers.
    Now with a possible double xp weekend, that may or may not be available, scheduled before addressing the ping site error, once again shows that EA/DICE have put the cart before the bantha. I’m sorry for the rant but Star Wars, and it fans/consumers, deserves better than this.
    Good luck.
  • Lonnisity
    1939 posts Member
    The decisions that are being made for this game are pretty mind-boggling, tbh. Literally everything you could possibly do to this game is pointless until you fix players not being able to play the game.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • remember the afk spinners and massive kashyyyk lag that was present for a while before they went on holiday at end of the year? this lasted for multiple weeks and was a death switch for players. it just ran rampant for several weeks until finally something was done about it. during this time I took a hiatus from the game for a while because it was not a fun experience. I hope that future death bugs such as these will be resolved as quickly as possible. or at least they could tell us this is a high priority and they are doing everything they can to try and isolate and resolve the root cause.
  • I already uninstalled. I'm just here for the darkside rage.

giphy.gif
  • It seems my avatar is still relevant.

Good job, guys. I can log in and play, but most games my lag is horrendous. Which is sad because this is the only multiplayer game for me that lags at all. I feel for the people that can't even log in or get into games.
  • Stupidity is their first language. Fire DICE/EA and make Battlefront 2 great again
  • Relmets
    734 posts Member

stop posting
    FORUM JESTER
    HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Can someone explain me what is the problem with the ping site? Because I‘m on PS4 (Germany) and I have no problems and also I can‘t imagine that people don‘t find any game? Or is it really that bad? :hushed: :/
  • What a joke
  • @WorldShuffle.. put simply, it simply wont allow to to join any online games. previously i used to wait max 10/20 seconds for a game of GA (PS4 australia) .. now i wait about a minute and it takes to me the player list screen (where i appear on my own) and it says .. 19 more players required. no matter how often you try this continually happens.. although some people may be more persistent than I. So it effectively renders the game unplayable.

some people have experienced this for months (apparently) but i only started experiencing it 3 days ago . I am never on these forums but i joined to see if it was only the australian servers that were down or something.. there i discovered this ping issue was affecting other countries. How many countries/people are affected are unknown and i don't imagine EA will tell us.

the "work around" may work for some people but didn't work for me (and for many other posters).
    Some seem to have has success selecting other ping sites (hong kong for instance 130ms lag as opposed to 13ms normally) and finding games, but the lag on these renders their experience pointless. So again no real workable resolution.

So understandably people are upset, especially with the perception that EA are prioritising minor content issues.

• Can someone explain me what is the problem with the ping site? Because I‘m on PS4 (Germany) and I have no problems and also I can‘t imagine that people don‘t find any game? Or is it really that bad? :hushed: :/

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!