criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

They can't even go out on their own terms

Empire_TW
4999 posts Member
The imbalance in HvV has gotten to the point where the light side players can't even go out on their own terms.

@EventHorizionOH
@Landeaux2
@Zepheon
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
p0glkjvppdfa.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    The imbalance in HvV has gotten to the point where the light side players can't even go out on their own terms.

@EventHorizionOH
    @Landeaux2
    @Zepheon

Hilarious video! For some reason though, I think this happened because of Kylo’s Freeze than because of EA.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get [down].”

Hahaha I miss those commercials of old people falling
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

@EventHorizionOH
    @Landeaux2
    @Zepheon

I liked how Vader refused to keep living without his son and jump after him.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Empire_TW
    4999 posts Member

@EventHorizionOH
    @Landeaux2
    @Zepheon

Hilarious video! For some reason though, I think this happened because of Kylo’s Freeze than because of EA.

DICE's balancing is what is driving them to such acts
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get [down].”

Hahaha I miss those commercials of old people falling

77ai1dnprcd4.png
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Tell that to the hero designer. No huge nerfs should happen till we get separate balancing between modes.

Thank you very much. Leave all but the most essential balancing between heroes until there are separate profiles for GA and HvV. You've already murdered Vader's usefulness in GA, and want it weakened even more. Some of you are campaigning for Bossk's end. At this rate, the Dark Side will never win any GA matches.

Palpatine's powerful, but he's not that powerful.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Tell that to the hero designer. No huge nerfs should happen till we get separate balancing between modes.

Thank you very much. Leave all but the most essential balancing between heroes until there are separate profiles for GA and HvV. You've already murdered Vader's usefulness in GA, and want it weakened even more. Some of you are campaigning for Bossk's end. At this rate, the Dark Side will never win any GA matches.

Palpatine's powerful, but he's not that powerful.

Things like kylos freeze should be balanced immediately but the rest should wait till we get separate balancing.

Like idens stun when it double stunned. That was op in both modes and got fixed.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Empire_TW
    4999 posts Member
    Tell that to the hero designer. No huge nerfs should happen till we get separate balancing between modes.

It's funny, the darkside is OP in HvV but the lightside Wookiee Warriors are OP in GA.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member

It's funny, the darkside is OP in HvV but the lightside Wookiee Warriors are OP in GA.

The lightside relies on teamwork in ga. The darkside should rely on their own strength and power to overpowe their team work, but that power has to be nerfed for hvv since the hero designer didn't implement separate balancing between modes.

Its gonna ruin heroes like ot did last game balancing them for hvv.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• What do you guys think of this ouuyxanptg8j.jpeg
  • Clone201
    3563 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Even if the Wookiee Warrior was out replaced in the equation (as long as whatever had some good AOE ability or even a stun), the light side would still have a major advantage over the dark side in Galactic Assault. The Finn / Yoda buffs work much better because of larger player count. GA favors the LS in countless ways, and not just when they're on defense.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Ciena_Ree
    906 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Even if you nerfed the WWs, it wouldn't make a dent. Yoda, Finn, Leia, Luke, Rey, the Light has such superior team playing abilities that it really doesn't matter. Give me Yoda, four troopers and focus on presence+damage reduction and the Dark can kiss goodbye to winning phase 2 of Hoth. A few more troopers with some officers, every other Light defence phase will go similarly.

This'll become even more pronounced if Vader's nerfed further, or Bossk has his regeneration, mines or damage (including gas) cut down.

I don't know how much I need to keep shouting that the Light and Dark are balanced in a mechanically different way that isn't supposed to promote every hero being able to 1v1 every other hero. Why this isn't obvious, I do not know.
  • Clone201 wrote: »

Even if the Wookiee Warrior was out replaced in the equation (as long as whatever had some good AOE ability or even a stun), the light side would still have a major advantage over the dark side in Galactic Assault. The Finn / Yoda buffs work much better because of larger player count. GA favors the LS in countless ways, and not just when they're on defense.

Thank you, and with the fact that the Light and Dark ere balanced according to different playstyles, we need to implement separate balancing between HvV and GA.

After that, you jack Vader's damage reduction back to 50% and increase his health, power up the rest of the Dark Side heroes, and you've got the makings of a more balanced GA system.

• I love Luke’s bespin outfit that’s why it’s first
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    What do you guys think of this ouuyxanptg8j.jpeg

Make a thread @Starwarsfan2003
    Psn: Jello770
  • Clone201
    3563 posts Member
    edited August 2018

I'd also like to point out how funny it is when...

All the light side defense maps in GA are imbalanced in a way where defense has so much cover and better positioning advantages (along with close up spawns) than the offense by spamming chokepoints, narrow corridors, or most other enclosed small key areas, often with zero flanks to get around them, along with their close up spawns. You're just forced to suffer from them (bad map design).

Whereas if we look at DS maps, their maps do offer a lot of options for its attackers to flank and attack the objectives.

They have more flanks, cover, and sometimes even a height advantage (first phase on Endor), and the defenders don't necessarily have better positioning and / or cover than the attacking team, let alone a lot of cover when they re-spawn and make it back to defending the objectives.

The only advantage they have over attackers are close up spawns, and that's really only it. They don't have terrible map design helping them out or flanks which are too predictable by them (Death Star II is especially the case). Their maps by design far easier to overcome than the LS maps (maybe because they're the balanced ones).
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • What do you guys think of this ouuyxanptg8j.jpeg

What do you mean "Endor Luke"? We get Endor Luke as the base skin.
  • Empire_TW
    4999 posts Member
    What do you guys think of this ouuyxanptg8j.jpeg

What do you mean "Endor Luke"? We get Endor Luke as the base skin.

Probably means Endor Luke with a poncho and helmet.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png