criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - Release Notes - August Patch

Prev134
F8RGE
231 posts EA Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Emperor Palpatine and Ewok Hunt are back! The issues that required us to temporarily disable both have been fixed in this patch. In addition to that we’ve deployed balancing updates to lightsaber heroes in Galactic Assault that should make them viable again. Give them a try and let us know what you think. We also addressed the stuttering upon hard-lock issue in Hero tw
Starfighters.

Finally we want to thank you for your patience while we were working on addressing these key problems! Your feedback is valuable to us so please keep sending it along as we continue to improve the game.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

CHANGES
  • Palpatine has been added back to the game
  • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being very overpowered by restricting the angle from which the player could lock on with his lighting ability
  • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being able to lock onto targets through walls
  • Ewok Hunt has been added back to the game
  • Fixed an issue in Ewok Hunt where Stormtroopers were unable to board the shuttle
  • Rebalanced stamina for lightsaber heroes
  • Fixed an issue in Hero Starfighters on PC where players experienced a short stuttering before being locked on
  • Fixed an issue with Extraction where objective markers were misplaced on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace

Replies

• you worked hard then :|
  • Is this live now? If so, that's awesome. I was sure they said it would come tomorrow.
  • XXXO77O4906
    3102 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    LOTR2013 wrote: »
    Is this live now? If so, that's awesome. I was sure they said it would come tomorrow.

@LOTR2013

Comment approved and sadly no, its not live yet. It will launch tomorrow indeed. This are just notes ahead of launch.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Any hero balancing coming, like Boba Fett changes?
  • SVEJ
    668 posts Member
    When will troopers and blaster heroes being able to shoot while frozen, thrown, and on the ground be fixed?

I hope the next patch late August along with the 2x multiplier and ping issue.

we can only hope, DICE has a history of terrible updates.
  • Still no lightsaber hit register?
    Whatever.
  • Got an ETA for grievous premier?
  • Where is fix x2 in squads?
  • My questions and suggestions are the best to make SWBF 2 2017 great again.
  • MCA26
    78 posts Member
    KazJim wrote: »
    All very good - but any updates on being able to . . . you know, actually get into a game?

Aussie player, and over a month now without being able to join a game.

So very frustrating. Can't believe this is still an issue!
  • Can we drop this tab over I to general discussion? Ty
  • any plans to organize HvV tournaments? please!
  • That's it this what I been waiting for?
  • so next month have fun withhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SOUND BUG :hushed:
  • @F8RGE
    @XXXO77O4906
    @EA_Tom

Thanks for the hot fix notes. Now, can we please ensure this tweak is added to the August patch?

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117286/attn-devs-please-set-squad-flag-for-hero-starfighters

Thank you!
  • Halpen4
    296 posts Member
    edited August 6
    Um, so does this mean what it says? Only lightsaber tweaks and balancing changes were made for the Galactic Assault mode? Is HvV lightsaber users remaining the way it already is, without any changes?
  • Halpen4 wrote: »
    Um, so does this mean what it says? Only lightsaber tweaks and balancing changes were made for the Galactic Assault mode? Is HvV lightsaber users remaining the way it already is, without any changes?

Stamina changes apply to both modes.
  • DarthJ
    4789 posts Member
    edited August 6
    Ping site should have been priority.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • A last concern: what about Palpatine’s stamina? It doesn’t have any regeneration delay, he will still be a bit overpowered
  • ping by far
  • Are the Xbox One X hanging on quit to menu and crashing the console on claiming a crate issues getting fixed?
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • A last concern: what about Palpatine’s stamina? It doesn’t have any regeneration delay, he will still be a bit overpowered

To be honest, we have no idea how it'll be with Palpatine, because when the changes were made his hit detection for lightsaber users blocking was broken. The adjustments, if any are even needed, will be made later when we've got some solid evidence of how he's holding up.
  • tenor.gif?itemid=4624104

My reaction
  • They worked on extraction on Jabba’s palace but couldn’t fix the lighting issue on the final phase. Yikes. They basically didn’t balance Palpatine, just fixed his lighting to how it should target people. And no fix for the 2x score multiplyer. Yikessss
  • When will troopers and blaster heroes being able to shoot while frozen, thrown, and on the ground be fixed?
    Exactllllllyyyyy
  • Jealyh
    87 posts Member
    Notice how this is titled "August patch" and not "hotfix"
  • Oooh nice, good notice, but... what happen with servers and empty lobbies?? XD im solo in lobby right now... and this is my 6 try.... so look like i will not play today, one more time.
  • Wulgan
    19 posts Member
    edited August 6
    Tiny but good patch <3
    giphy.gif
  • Hey, @F8RGE, welcome back!
    I have one thing that I would like clarified, if possible. When you say rebalanced stamina for all lightsaber heroes, do you mean that you switched it back to the old system, or that you made modifications to their stamina? I was one of the few that liked the new system. So I was just wondering.
    Great to have you back. Please thank Tom, and TOTALfps for working hard these past few weeks. I hope you weren't injured to severely, but if you need an organ donor, we had a discussion about it in another thread.
    i3z4b6022hme.png
    Old Profile: FreakyCrawdad
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • willywonka7
    692 posts Member
    edited August 6
    Can't wait to figure out what this new patch breaks next.

Dice hasn't figured out yet what is causing the difference between the test environment and live environment being so different,so I doubt that this update will be any different than any of the other updates. It'll fix a few things and breaks a lot of other stuff probably.

I mean every day there are more and more bugs appearing in the game and with every update too. If Dice doesn't get on top of this we won't have much of a game left to play by the time Geonosis gets here.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    559 posts Member
    edited August 6
    While this is a little underwhelming...I'm going to be optimistic, and guess that they've been working on clone wars and patches.
  • About empty lobbys on console I've been able to find a game every time I tried, well besides once. I joined a solo lobby for GA, then just left and joined again. While it was inconvenient, it wasn't as bad as some are saying.
  • When will troopers and blaster heroes being able to shoot while frozen, thrown, and on the ground be fixed?

Most annoying bug for me right now.
  • Can't wait to play Ewok Hunt. I hope I can get hooked on it because I play exclusively HvV and Hero Showdown and it would be nice to have some variety in my play sessions. The other modes are so-so for me.
  • MBSONIC
    215 posts Member
    Wait why isn’t the score multiplier being fixed? I’m not complaining I’m just legitimately asking. Also when are the clone trooper skins coming?
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Can't wait to figure out what this new patch breaks next.

Dice hasn't figured out yet what is causing the difference between the test environment and live environment being so different,so I doubt that this update will be any different than any of the other updates. It'll fix a few things and breaks a lot of other stuff probably.

I mean every day there are more and more bugs appearing in the game and with every update too. If Dice doesn't get on top of this we won't have much of a game left to play by the time Geonosis gets here.

DICE has yet to learn they really need to test in a multi latency environment. They are silly enough that their test environment consists of a closed network where everything runs about the same speed. This is nothing like the real world environment. One would think after all these years of the same thing they would test in an environment that mimics real gameplay.

It is so obvious they do not, hence the reason what is released works nothing like what they tested. Add to the fact they appear to test only for their "desired" result, not test for things that can go wrong.

• Tigzee
    36 posts Member
    Palpatine working well enough in arcade early Monday 6th. Cant wait for patch to drop for Ewok Hunt!!! Thanks Ben @F8RGE B) :#