criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - Release Notes - August Patch

Replies

• Zenu wrote: »
    godonnell5 wrote: »
    after the empty lobbies now the game doesn't even launch **** what the **** is going on?

I had to reinstall whole game once due to similar problem. Not even repair tool from the Origin would fix the problem.

thanks. I am trying to reinstall game but it won't finish downloading. sticks at 79%. with all the issues going on i'm moving on to another game for now. i'll retry in a month or so
  • When are you going to make Luke a real hero? Thanks.
  • Another patch with minor fixes (more evidence the people supporting this game are on it 10% of the time). Now after almost every match, I don't get to see any of the results on the scoreboard. I get the "match already over, data not available" screen. Fix some issues, introduce more bugs. Par for the course.

I read something about EA having an 'ethics' committee or something b/c of how poorly this game was received. Rightfully so. Sounds like they're focusing on the micro-transactions nonsense though. More **** to boost marketing, because they can't just focus on making a quality product. They can't do simple testing, and the only changes you see are minor value changes in the code. It took how long to fix Palpatine? We still don't see any attention to balancing or other major issues.

I say this after almost every patch, but I really hope you all realize they'll keep doing this as long as you keep buying EA products. It's so sad that they got Star Wars. That's the only reason I bother playing at all.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Emperor Palpatine and Ewok Hunt are back! The issues that required us to temporarily disable both have been fixed in this patch. In addition to that we’ve deployed balancing updates to lightsaber heroes in Galactic Assault that should make them viable again. Give them a try and let us know what you think. We also addressed the stuttering upon hard-lock issue in Hero tw
    Starfighters.

Finally we want to thank you for your patience while we were working on addressing these key problems! Your feedback is valuable to us so please keep sending it along as we continue to improve the game.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

CHANGES
    • Palpatine has been added back to the game
    • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being very overpowered by restricting the angle from which the player could lock on with his lighting ability
    • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being able to lock onto targets through walls
    • Ewok Hunt has been added back to the game
    • Fixed an issue in Ewok Hunt where Stormtroopers were unable to board the shuttle
    • Rebalanced stamina for lightsaber heroes
    • Fixed an issue in Hero Starfighters on PC where players experienced a short stuttering before being locked on
    • Fixed an issue with Extraction where objective markers were misplaced on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace

they should put more jedi missing many of episode one in two and three and more maps so that the fun is one more in the game and more record since the game is fine but not quite because many personages are missing like the old game of the old consales and in the multiplayer you should see more different games like conquest and flag and in the hero and villains mode have more players a 12 vs 12 or 10 vs 10 out well super men thank you for everything. you the best company.
  • How about you guys fix the que and region issues instead of patching less important stuff so we can actually play without having to screw with our region settings to be able to find a lobby next time on PC please.

Thank you.
  • How comes servers are empty on a double XP saturday ?
    Holidays ? Bug ?
  • Another patch with minor fixes (more evidence the people supporting this game are on it 10% of the time). Now after almost every match, I don't get to see any of the results on the scoreboard. I get the "match already over, data not available" screen. Fix some issues, introduce more bugs. Par for the course.

I read something about EA having an 'ethics' committee or something b/c of how poorly this game was received. Rightfully so. Sounds like they're focusing on the micro-transactions nonsense though. More **** to boost marketing, because they can't just focus on making a quality product. They can't do simple testing, and the only changes you see are minor value changes in the code. It took how long to fix Palpatine? We still don't see any attention to balancing or other major issues.

I say this after almost every patch, but I really hope you all realize they'll keep doing this as long as you keep buying EA products. It's so sad that they got Star Wars. That's the only reason I bother playing at all.

Are you playing Arcade mode then going to Multiplayer? Doing this causes the no results, match already over bug. The fix is to play your Arcade, log out of the game and EA (I just close the game), then log back in. Frustrating bug but that is the work around.

• What happened with the emotes as a reward ? If you guys forgot about them , then at least let use credits to buy them. cuz I'm not seeing them as a reward of the daily missions anymore
  • Devlin21
    8089 posts Member
    What happened with the emotes as a reward ? If you guys forgot about them , then at least let use credits to buy them. cuz I'm not seeing them as a reward of the daily missions anymore

1lgqsqxovhsg.png
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• WhiteTiger wrote: »
    But what about galactic conquest I really throght you guys from EA were working on galactic conquest. Are guys from EA still working on galactic conquest?

Offline please
  • Zepapa wrote: »
    Are you **** kidding me? Palpatine's lightning still goes through the **** walls!!!

IT DOES?? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Devlin21
    8089 posts Member
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    Zepapa wrote: »
    Are you **** kidding me? Palpatine's lightning still goes through the **** walls!!!

It doesn't
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• What about this, are you guys ever going to fix this (X1X HDR on)

s21pqg9s9o1a.jpeg
    c5trwptlk8fc.jpeg
  • Blackdragon_Uk
    1 posts Member
    edited August 12
    Are you going to be fixing the Milestone and sound bug issues as its getting beyoned the joke now paid good money for a borked game sort it or issue a part refund
  • I still don't understand why they didn't just follow the DLC concept of Battlefront I. They should've just announced the 4 DLCs that were coming before the game was released, built the content at the same time as the game and just released it at timed intervals for all players for free as they intended. It would've eliminated all of this confusion.
  • MBSONIC wrote: »

MBSONIC wrote: »

It doesn't

It does in certain areas. Probably because of holes in the wall mappings but there are areas it goes right through the wall...still ridiculous though. Just like chain lightning going through a door and killing 5 people in a room because you know, it takes skill for Lightning to chain in all directions....
  • i was playing earlier and there were two palpatines in hvv
  • ok wow.. yet where is the Clone update for august that we were promised.. ? So far absolutely nothing EA. Give us a date or something..
  • What happened with the emotes as a reward ? If you guys forgot about them , then at least let use credits to buy them. cuz I'm not seeing them as a reward of the daily missions anymore

1lgqsqxovhsg.png

Road map.. where are those Clone Troopers that was promise EA??
  • can anyone get a game going tonight?
  • RC2074 wrote: »
    What happened with the emotes as a reward ? If you guys forgot about them , then at least let use credits to buy them. cuz I'm not seeing them as a reward of the daily missions anymore

1lgqsqxovhsg.png

Road map.. where are those Clone Troopers that was promise EA??

In August's update, as promised.
  • JD25
    154 posts Member
    That's good to hear Ben, hey my feed back to you would be to prioritize the clone skins and the clone wars season. Major issues seem to be out of the way so you can focus on that now.25z2qintxcdi.jpg

Or prioritizing making the game playable but hey that's just me
  • JD25
    154 posts Member
    edited August 13
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Emperor Palpatine and Ewok Hunt are back! The issues that required us to temporarily disable both have been fixed in this patch. In addition to that we’ve deployed balancing updates to lightsaber heroes in Galactic Assault that should make them viable again. Give them a try and let us know what you think. We also addressed the stuttering upon hard-lock issue in Hero tw
    Starfighters.

Finally we want to thank you for your patience while we were working on addressing these key problems! Your feedback is valuable to us so please keep sending it along as we continue to improve the game.

CHANGES
    • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being very overpowered by restricting the angle from which the player could lock on with his lighting ability
    • Fixed an issue in Ewok Hunt where Stormtroopers were unable to board the shuttle
    • Fixed an issue in Hero Starfighters on PC where players experienced a short stuttering before being locked on
    • Fixed an issue with Extraction where objective markers were misplaced on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace

Ty for making us wait a month to a get a "hotfix" which ironically this hotfix just made the game worse with more bugs LOL.
  • I say this game is a piece of **** and that's why grand theft auto 5 cost more when it came out 5 years ago and they delete my post and make me change my password because they think I'm fraud? Dont be sending out pieces of **** to people and get mad when someone complains they stepped on it you biased censoring stingy motherfuckers that's why the whole game went downhill. You guys do more damage to yourself as then I could ever do so delete this post too but that ain't gonna fix your game.
  • Did this update make everyone lose all their credits? I lost 60k credits and i dont know why
  • ppt75 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Starfighters.

CHANGES

they should put more jedi missing many of episode one in two and three and more maps so that the fun is one more in the game and more record since the game is fine but not quite because many personages are missing like the old game of the old consales and in the multiplayer you should see more different games like conquest and flag and in the hero and villains mode have more players a 12 vs 12 or 10 vs 10 out well super men thank you for everything. you the best company.

Hi,

Thank you any news on Clone Wars season contents for this month as promised in your road map. The plan you showed earlier.. I am thinking Clone Trooper appearances.. Please respond.

Thank you.
  • We want a ton of new maps.
    We want Master Luke Skywalker skin from TLJ.
    We want bugs, glitches and annoying gameplay flaws to be patched.
    We really want the new heroes to come in soon.
    We want to enjoy this game as it was intended to be enjoyed, not put on hold for a year and drip fed content.

Thanks.

Weird how Star Wars fans still have HOPE for this game despite the odds we face for getting it to where it should be...
  • Good fix - more extraction maps PLEASE.
    Add more lightsaber heroes even if they have same abilities and then add the bounty hunters - don't have to be even saber wielders or blaster wielders - just skins at this point and that's kosher by me.
    The freezing and shooting through it is an issue that needs addressed.
    Please change HvV to tdm - many maps where heroes can get thrown 'off the map', it seems the target suicides to avoid being the target - problem.
    Keep the fine work, Dice - thank you.
  • Odi
    56 posts Member
    We want a ton of new maps.
    We want Master Luke Skywalker skin from TLJ.
    We want bugs, glitches and annoying gameplay flaws to be patched.
    We really want the new heroes to come in soon.
    We want to enjoy this game as it was intended to be enjoyed, not put on hold for a year and drip fed content.

Thanks.

Weird how Star Wars fans still have HOPE for this game despite the odds we face for getting it to where it should be...

No, We do not want Rian Johnson's Jake.
  • Dzoulias
    1 posts Member
    edited August 14
    hoth_two1 wrote: »
    Where is browser server?
    Where is private matches system?
    Where are our new maps (Geonosis, Dagobah, Coruscant, Mustafar, Utapau, Umbara, and more)?
    Skins?
    Where is fix x2 in squads?
    Where is mix basic weapons?
    Where is "Manager Star Wars Community"?

The lowest patch ever i have seen in my life.

Where is my pony?

Where is everything i wanted in the last wet dream i had about Star Wars?

Where is the promise they made for all the things i dreamt in my wet dream and stated here just to rant?

Where is something better than "Google translate"?

I will commit suicide with my lightsaber now.
  • Hahaha :-D I too am tired of people wanting everything !

I'd like Porgs as new Enforcers though...
  • Hahaha :-D I too am tired of people wanting everything !

I'd like Porgs as new Enforcers though...

po74u8ay019g.jpg

Respect the mighty porg
  • Ike4175 wrote: »
    How about draning stamina for shooters that just constantly roll and sabers that just constantly jump around in heros vs villians its so annoying that players don't play they just dodge jump and roll

Smh... sigh xDDD
    And this is the community? Mann...
    Priority list:

1. Fix all Split Screen and other bugs
    2. Reduce the overly bright (lightsaber) light reflections
    3. 91st Scout trooper for Assault
    4. Map selection
    5. First Person only mode
  • xzvcxzv wrote: »
    Can you fix HVV matchmaking??? Every match I've played has been a lopsided mismatch.

As soon as one team gets the lead, half my teammates stop playing and just suicide until the match ends so they can get credit for the match, and then guess what... the teams hardly ever change and the same thing happens all over again. ****. No balancing, terrible MM.

The spawn locations are horrible and just lead to the losing team members not having any support because their teammates are respawning on the other side of the map, which leads to you having to go 1 v TEAM in every interaction.

BTW, I just started playing so maybe these have already been mentioned.

And being a brand new player having to go up against fully upgraded star card players in every game is really really fun... LUL

HVV in SWBF 1 is actually way better than this.

Yes always spawning so far behind while the winning team are spawning next to your teammate being f*ckt
  • ppt75 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Starfighters.

CHANGES

• @F8RGE I'm really looking forward to hearing the news in the future about the clone trooper skins. :smiley: :wink:
  • MBSONIC wrote: »

It doesn't

Thank God....
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Ewok hunt Sucks!Bring back Jet Pack Cargo for the adult's who enjoy the only game mode that was balanced.Ewok hunt is fun.....if you are a child who enjoys games like "Plants VS Zombies or mindcraft, Fortnight".Garbage games.:p
  • Please!!! Please!!! Fix the sound glitch! Randomly cutting the sound out and it never comes back! Sometimes it happens on the first round sometimes it doesn't happen until 4 hours later.
  • the sound glitch in hero starfighters is awful
  • Ewok hunt Sucks!Bring back Jet Pack Cargo for the adult's who enjoy the only game mode that was balanced.Ewok hunt is fun.....if you are a child who enjoys games like "Plants VS Zombies or mindcraft, Fortnight".Garbage games.:p

Yes they a child games not ewok hunt

Nothing says being an adult like coming on to a forum and whining. lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Thomaszti wrote: »
    Dear whoever @ EA,
    I wanted to "thank" the person thats' responsible for still NOT fixing the ONLINE CO-OP - MODE for ARCADE-MODE,I've lost my entire SWBF1-community completely when I bought SWBF2 because of YOUR inability to provide us with some decent co-op modes.The options for some great gaming and a revival of this online-mode are right in front of you ffs ... Split-screen-mode (not even possible online) anno 2018 is absurd and ridiculous,as long as this isnt' "patched-up" EA has lost about 30 die-hard fans from my Belgian Battlefront Squadron community ... and I'm supposed to be "thankfull" for this ... #****
    Another patch with minor fixes (more evidence the people supporting this game are on it 10% of the time). Now after almost every match, I don't get to see any of the results on the scoreboard. I get the "match already over, data not available" screen. Fix some issues, introduce more bugs. Par for the course.

Um you really expect them to do anything at all if you just yell at them for not doing what you want have you ever thought that maybe if you are just patient and don’t flip out they might be more inclined to do more fixes because right now they just look at the forums and see a bunch of people yelling At them tell me would you even want to make more content if you were them?
  • can we get Galactic assault for arcade
  • What's the point on having special ability in H vs V when it can easily be blocked?

Nothing says being an adult like coming on to a forum and whining. lol

Whining would like be like asking Dice Dev's to nerf something in the game because something is "overpowered".
    I bet it was people like you who whine so much that the Dev's give the bottle back to the baby's. LoL
    Ewok hunt sucks and the lobbies are always empty.
    I wish I could send you a rocket to your face! :lol:
    A private match would be fun. :lol:
    Bring back JPC for the adults who support E.A. and purchase the license to play your games!
    Nobody's whining much are they? :trollface:
  • POTATOX wrote: »
    @F8RGE I'm really looking forward to hearing the news in the future about the clone trooper skins. :smiley: :wink:

Agreed. Was there supposed to be an update on the game today?
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg

"This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Odi
    56 posts Member
    POTATOX wrote: »
    @F8RGE I'm really looking forward to hearing the news in the future about the clone trooper skins. :smiley: :wink:

An August update usually means November, if my EA/DICE-language module is correct.
  • DK_Bastian
    62 posts Member
    edited August 22
    Odi wrote: »
    POTATOX wrote: »

An August update usually means November, if my EA/DICE-language module is correct.

Yes, they say the will release it in August, but that means August 31th at midnight!! This is so typical, i hate to wait 2 months for it, i know they say August, and that could mean anytime in August bu FFS why the F! at the end of the month EVERYTIME! :/

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on