criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Auto tracking Palpatine

I'd imagine this will still be a thing.

They should remove the auto tracking for his lighting, so you'd have to aim it like a blaster.

Maybe keep the auto tracking functionality and have it only happen during Dark Aura or something.
hnytpwosbe30.png
∆^∆

Replies

• Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    Lets see how he comes back..

They do not need to touch him any further if jes not overpowered or underpowered. He does not need to be broken again
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Admiral_Xen
    2389 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    agreed he shouldn't have a permanent Deadeye ability as that just leads to everyone and their grandmum be able to jump around spewing perfectly accurate lightning with very little skill involved.

They can give his lightning a bigger AOE cone like a shotgun but it should still need to be aimed somewhat. This was the case in Battlefront 2015 and Palpy wasn't considered OP in that game, IIRC.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and chief commissar of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • For the love of everything holy, he's not even been re-released yet, and people are already requesting he bites the nerf bullet?

He's had multiple changes to his character now, his abilities have been tweaked constantly, and the last lot of fixes essentially broke him completely. He's absolutely perfect as he is, and does not need any sort of adjustment whatsoever.
  • Yeah nothing wrong at all with a bouncing aimbot that can slow down people, freeze people, and steal their health.

hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    Yeah nothing wrong at all with a bouncing aimbot that can slow down people, freeze people, and steal their health.

The lightning stops at 20m it needs autotracking for it to work correctly. You're asking to ruin palpatine again. They added some skill by changing the targeting angle and requiring you to aim at the person you want to hit for it to target.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Yeah nothing wrong at all with a bouncing aimbot that can slow down people, freeze people, and steal their health.

The lightning stops at 20m it needs autotracking for it to work correctly. You're asking to ruin palpatine again. They added some skill by changing the targeting angle and requiring you to aim at the person you want to hit for it to target.

He was ruined in BF2015 by that logic.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆

Well yeah, he was. He wasn't viable in most of the larger modes in Battlefront for the simple fact he had poor damage, his mobility wasn't great and he couldn't heal himself like he could in HvV and Hero Hunt. He was subpar compared to Vader and Bossk.

As has been mentioned above, his lightning doesn't autotrack fully, it requires you to aim at a fairly tight angle against someone. He's also fully designed to annihilate whole groups of enemies quickly, that's what his description says and that's the stated design purpose for him.
  • Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Yeah nothing wrong at all with a bouncing aimbot that can slow down people, freeze people, and steal their health.

Well yeah, he was. He wasn't viable in most of the larger modes in Battlefront for the simple fact he had poor damage, his mobility wasn't great and he couldn't heal himself like he could in HvV and Hero Hunt. He was subpar compared to Vader and Bossk.

As has been mentioned above, his lightning doesn't autotrack fully, it requires you to aim at a fairly tight angle against someone. He's also fully designed to annihilate whole groups of enemies quickly, that's what his description says and that's the stated design purpose for him.

Poor design of the game doesn't excuse the imbalance.

hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆

Poor design according to you. I'm afraid troopers are pretty much designed to be fodder for heroes, it's been the same way since the original Battlefront II.
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »

Poor design according to you. I'm afraid troopers are pretty much designed to be fodder for heroes, it's been the same way since the original Battlefront II.

Poor design according to most people who spent money on this game only to get this type of service.

Surely you understand?
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆

Not really saying much that he was wasn't as good as Bossk in BF2015

brilliant design that

Palpy was fine in 2015. I actually enjoyed using him back then, because as a sort of support character for the villains (dropping health, spawning mini-hero bodyguards, breaking luke's block with chain lightning etc.) he had a much more interesting meta and counterplays than "spam Deadeye lightning until your stamina is out> hop and lunge around like a crackhead > repeat.

He certainly wasn't underpowered (on the contrary, he singlehandedly broke Hero Hunt), he just wasn't a meme that my dog could get a 140 killstreak with.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and chief commissar of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Ciena_Ree
    889 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Poor design according to most people who spent money on this game only to get this type of service.

Surely you understand?

You're clearly not talking about Palpatine here, because by all indications so far, he's fixed and back to working as intended. Which, as with most heroes, is annihilating normal troopers with complete ease.

So no, it's not poor design. People want him back to how he was, not removed from the game or nerfed.

And to round off, no, I don't understand. I've more than received the bang for my buck by this point with the number of hours put in and the fun I've had, everything I'm getting is a bonus to me. I certainly don't expect things to get better for free, 'cause these are corporations that want money, and with no revenue stream, they're not quick to put much support out there.

Surely you understand?

You're clearly not talking about Palpatine here, because by all indications so far, he's fixed and back to working as intended. Which, as with my heroes, is annihilating normal troopers with complete ease.

So no, it's not poor design. People want him back to how he was, not removed from the game or nerfed.

And to round off, no, I don't understand. I've more than received the bang for my buck by this point with the number of hours put in and the fun I've had, everything I'm getting is a bonus to me. I certainly don't expect things to get better for free, 'cause these are corporations that want money, and with no revenue stream, they're not quick to put much support out there.

If you are arguing this game is well designed, I don't what to tell you.

Maybe sycophanting some more may get you want you want.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆

Surely you understand?

You're clearly not talking about Palpatine here, because by all indications so far, he's fixed and back to working as intended. Which, as with my heroes, is annihilating normal troopers with complete ease.

Up to you, man. I'm still enjoying the game and its design, which is clearly something you're not doing, so that's that.

Surely you understand?

Up to you, man. I'm still enjoying the game and its design, which is clearly something you're not doing, so that's that.

I can enjoy the game but it because of the people inside it not the game itself.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • JD25
    154 posts Member
    I never had any problems killing Palpatine before this update honestly Finn's Deadeye melts him completely I just feel like there's a lot of bad players and when they cross somebody who plays every day they get frustrated and post on these forms
  • Finn is easy to beat as Palpatine. Finn only has deadeye (aimbot) for a limited time plus his healing ability literally slows him down. Meanwhile Palpatine has a permanent aimbot and he can basically float around. Not to mention his stun.

It takes an exceptional Finn to beat Palpatine just like the dark side vs lightside in general.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    There's barely any autotracking now.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• MC_XIX
    1218 posts Member
    Finn is easy to beat as Palpatine. Finn only has deadeye (aimbot) for a limited time plus his healing ability literally slows him down. Meanwhile Palpatine has a permanent aimbot and he can basically float around. Not to mention his stun.

It takes an exceptional Finn to beat Palpatine just like the dark side vs lightside in general.

This is just wrong. Finn will always beat Palpatine as long as Deadeye is not on cooldown. Deadeye kills Palpatine before even running out of ability resource, and Palpatine's TTK is far slower. Even if Deadeye is on cooldown, Finn's pistol still outdamages Palpatine's lightning and his health buff and damage reduction lower's Palpatine's chances of winning even further.
  • There's barely any autotracking now.

This is good. In fact, it's great, because now those less able with him will be punished accordingly.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Finn is easy to beat as Palpatine. Finn only has deadeye (aimbot) for a limited time plus his healing ability literally slows him down. Meanwhile Palpatine has a permanent aimbot and he can basically float around. Not to mention his stun.

This is just wrong. Finn will always beat Palpatine as long as Deadeye is not on cooldown. Deadeye kills Palpatine before even running out of ability resource, and Palpatine's TTK is far slower. Even if Deadeye is on cooldown, Finn's pistol still outdamages Palpatine's lightning and his health buff and damage reduction lower's Palpatine's chances of winning even further.
    You may be right. In my experience. Finn is easier to beat than Palpatine. But Palpatine does feel better than he did before so I am okay with it for now.

Finn is the counter to charcters like Boba, Palpatine (you thought running was bad before?), and Maul.

He can beat the other two more easily.

If Palpatine is smart he just runs away he moment he notices dead eye (it doesn't have super long range either). Then go through a series of stuns, health drain, and dark aura to slowdown Finn further.

Not to mention the aid Palpatine gets from the other villians far outweighs the lightside. This is the point.

The game is imbalanced towards the dark side.

hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • MC_XIX
    1218 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

You may be right. In my experience. Finn is easier to beat than Palpatine. But Palpatine does feel better than he did before so I am okay with it for now.

Finn is the counter to charcters like Boba, Palpatine (you thought running was bad before?), and Maul.

He can beat the other two more easily.

If Palpatine is smart he just runs away he moment he notices dead eye (it doesn't have super long range either). Then go through a series of stuns, health drain, and dark aura to slowdown Finn further.

Not to mention the aid Palpatine gets from the other villians far outweighs the lightside. This is the point.

I can agree with you here. Finn goes down quickly when swarmed by sabers, but as long as he keeps his distance, he can aimbot a lot of the villains to death with his Deadeye. I use the card that extends the duration of Deadeye with each kill, and it works wonders in HvV.

I think the Dark Side's main advantage is that they are simply better at running away in HvV. From my many hours of experience, it's cowardly tactics from Boba, Maul and Palps that give the Dark Side an easy win. The Light Side can't really play the long game and run around the map until the enemy target dies. Sure, Luke's not bad at it, but he's not as good as Boba or Maul.

When it comes to a straight-up brawl in the middle of a map, I think the battle can go either way. If Chewie is present, I think the Light Side has an instant advantage because his firepower shuts all of the dark side heroes down. It's even more one-sided when Yoda and/or Finn buff the health of their allies.
  • I don't disagree. With the problem being the target system. My point is any mode, the darkside has an advantage at present. Even more so with the target system but they are also better at being aggressive.

But I think you underestimate the power of the dark side in a Hero Blast type scenario.

If you haven't faced the aggressive darkside, that is probably due to circumstance. But in general, the dark side has a much easier time.

hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • Clone201
    3437 posts Member
    edited August 2018

I read this thread for quite awhile...

The dark side being vast stronger really only applies to Heroes vs Villains and Hero Showdown (I know). I agree something needs to be done about it.
    Balance between HvV and GA anyone?

However, Light side have major (unfair) advantages in GA that even the best villains on their side fail to overcome often.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »

I read this thread for quite awhile...

The dark side being vast stronger really only applies to Heroes vs Villains and Hero Showdown (I know). I agree something needs to be done about it.
    Balance between HvV and GA anyone?

However, Light side have major (unfair) advantages in GA that even the best villains on their side fail to overcome often.

I was referring to the context of HvV.

Until there is mode specific tunings, which should be coming soon, this is just how it is.

hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆