criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The new stamina changes are one step forward and one step back

Landeaux
3467 posts Member
edited August 2018
Here’s what I’ve been able to compile. Note that some of these are rough estimates (I.e. regeneration rate).

Luke Skywalker:
- 10 saber swings (unchanged)
- 7 saber swing blocks (up from 4)
- Same regeneration rate

Yoda:
- 10 saber swings (unchanged)
- Same stamina depletion for blocking
- Same regeneration rate

Rey:
- 12 saber swings (unchanged)
- 4 saber swing blocks (up from 2-3)
- Same regeneration rate

Darth Vader:
- 8 saber swings (unchanged)
- 13 saber swing blocks (up from 7)
- Same regeneration rate

Kylo Ren:
- 14 saber swings (up from 13)
- 4 saber swing blocks (up from 2-3)
- Same regeneration rate

Emperor Palpatine:
- Faster stamina depletion for attacking
- Same regeneration rate

Darth Maul:
- No stamina required

The One Step Forward:
Activating block doesn’t take off such a large percentage of stamina anymore. Characters are able to block more and for longer.

The One Step Back:
There were no changes to regeneration. The disparity between the character that can block the most swings compared to the character that can block the second most saber swings is way too large, and it gets worse if you compare it to the characters than can block the least amount of saber swings. If you look at past to current saber swing blocks, Kylo and Rey’s got increased by 1, Luke’s got increased by 3, and Vader’s got increased by 6. What in the world went behind these numbers? I’m not sure how, but y’all managed to give Vader a substantial buff. Darth Vader’s blocking strength got increased by roughly 86%. Compare that to Luke’s that got increased by 75%, and Kylo and Rey’s that got increased by ~33-50%. Add to this that Palpatine still regenerates large chunks of his stamina at a quick rate.

Can we be trusted to see the actual statistics behind each component of stamina?

The regeneration rates need to be the next thing looked at. I think that Vader’s is fine as is but when looking at Luke’s, Yoda’s, Rey’s, and Kylo’s, there is no real difference between them. Luke and Yoda may start to regenerate their stamina quicker than Rey and Kylo but they all completely replenish their stamina at the same time; Yoda seemingly has the ever-so-slight regeneration advantage over the other three listed. There needs to be more distinct regeneration differences. Don’t be afraid to give the Jedi Master’s buffs in this regard! I know it’s difficult to buff a Jedi without the urge to mega buff a Sith but the Jedi are allowed to be good, too! You also have to look at changing up Palpatine’s stamina regeneration. He gains approximately 33% of his stamina back per tick and it requires roughly 2 seconds until it fully regenerates. That’s simply too good.

It’s just yet another buff for the Sith Lords that’s puts them so much farther ahead of the Jedi. When will there be a serious approach to balancing out these horrendous power disparities?
Post edited by Landeaux on

Replies

• Landeaux wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate
    Basically, Palpatine remains significantly overpowered.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    Can palpatine still not hit blocking saber users? Or did they fix that?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• lerodemmy wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

My opinion on the matter from the PC perspective, no he does not.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

That isn’t fixed vs Yoda, at the least. I didn’t think to test it on anyone else.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

There does seem to be a delay between his ability to lock onto enemies with his basic attack now. I haven’t played him in an online setting yet, though, so my jury is still out on him.
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Good news, Palpatine is back with his famous "unlimited power", though not so unlimited power with PC atleast not in hero combat anyway.
  • SVEJ
    1151 posts Member
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Why complain, he is suppose to be over powered, hes the emperor, ruler of the galaxy!
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Why complain, he is suppose to be over powered, hes the emperor, ruler of the galaxy!
    lol
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

There does seem to be a delay between his ability to lock onto enemies with his basic attack now. I haven’t played him in an online setting yet, though, so my jury is still out on him.

So far, I don't think he's that bad. But he still has that ridiculous stagger effect with his regular attack. That needs to go.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member

That isn’t fixed vs Yoda, at the least. I didn’t think to test it on anyone else.

Its still broke.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• SVEJ wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

So are Luke and Yoda but they aren’t nearly as effective and overpowered as Vader and Palpatine (pre-patch, at the very least).
  • Hey, my brother just faced a Luke on Crait who was going beastmode on the battlefront. He crushed it and got top player. He was fighting directly underneath the walkers, and couldn't be stopped. Same with some of the other saber heroes. So I think this stamina change was a great idea. They felt balanced, but still killable.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Palpatine has better regeneration, but it is a lot harder to hit someone with the normal lightning.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Palpatine has better regeneration, but it is a lot harder to hit someone with the normal lightning.
    Harder, yes. But still very easy.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • EV02AAA
    720 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    On PS4 at least I agree that Palps is still OP. It seems the changes have significantly improved saber users vs blasters and the Dark side over the Light.

I was was in a fairly balanced lobby for a dozen or so games yesterday and the Dark side stomped all but one of them...
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3234 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Overpowered as he cannot shoot through walls anymore, no. Overpowered as in he still crushes every light side hero (except Chewie) without breaking a sweat... yes.
    Post edited by MyLittleGreenFriend on
  • EV02AAA wrote: »
    On PS4 at least I agree that Palps is still OP. It seems the changes have significantly improved saber users vs blasters and the Dark side over the Light.

I was was in a fairly balanced lobby for a dozen or so games yesterday and the Dark side stomped all but one of them...

Same.
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Overpowered as he cannon shoot through walls anymore, no. Overpowered as in he still crushes every light side hero (except Chewie) without breaking a sweat... yes.

Han can take him easily when he doesn't bug out, I was in a match where I was headshoting him constantly and made 0 damage. But, his OP kicks in when he is constantly stunning with his lighting. It affects Chewie too.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    EV02AAA wrote: »

People complain the dark side is so much stronger, yet they still want Rey nerfed lol
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Rey IS the force. no more training does she require
  • moltentown wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Overpowered as he cannon shoot through walls anymore, no. Overpowered as in he still crushes every light side hero (except Chewie) without breaking a sweat... yes.

Han can take him easily when he doesn't bug out, I was in a match where I was headshoting him constantly and made 0 damage. But, his OP kicks in when he is constantly stunning with his lighting. It affects Chewie too.

Then you were not facing a good Palpatine player. All Palps has to do is activate Dark Aura and Han can barely move, let alone shoot a jumping Palpatine.
  • Finn, Lando, Chewy, Leia and yes even Han are all easy wins against Palp. Provided they need to aim well and use abilities wisely. Rey can also hold her own against Palp easily, Yoda needs to work more if he dashes a lot but its not impossible and Luke can easily just with pushes disable him quite a lot.

So no, not overpowered, sorry.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    moltentown wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Then you were not facing a good Palpatine player. All Palps has to do is activate Dark Aura and Han can barely move, let alone shoot a jumping Palpatine.

If Han waits til Palps if close enough for Dark Aura, Han did something wrong.

h846398gb27k.png

• moltentown wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Good or bad player, Palpatine is a headache. I agree. I faced Palpatine as Han with both types of players. I just think Han is a good match too against him along with Chewie.
  • Landeaux2
    3034 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Finn, Lando, Chewy, Leia and yes even Han are all easy wins against Palp. Provided they need to aim well and use abilities wisely. Rey can also hold her own against Palp easily, Yoda needs to work more if he dashes a lot but its not impossible and Luke can easily just with pushes disable him quite a lot.

Are you aware that Luke gets absolutely dismantled by Palpatine? Since characters can currently shoot while on their back, Palpatine can keep electrocuting you while he’s airborne and on the ground. So pushing or repulsing Palpatine away from you is a detriment to Luke because it leaves him temporarily vulnerable to being attacked by Palpatine.

He’s currently a nuisance in HvV to the Jedi because of constant staggers, stuns, and slows but when everything is functioning properly, he’ll become just as great as before because he’ll shred through a saber user’s block then melt them down. He’ll go back to steamrolling all Jedi. But everyone seems okay with the Jedi being play toys for the Sith Lords.
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    Luke demolishes palpatine if played right. Same with rey and blaster users if you have correct aim.

This game isnt balanced for 1v1s, but palps will get destroyed 1v1.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Finn, Lando, Chewy, Leia and yes even Han are all easy wins against Palp. Provided they need to aim well and use abilities wisely. Rey can also hold her own against Palp easily, Yoda needs to work more if he dashes a lot but its not impossible and Luke can easily just with pushes disable him quite a lot.

Are you aware that Luke gets absolutely dismantled by Palpatine? Since characters can currently shoot while on their back, Palpatine can keep electrocuting you while he’s airborne and on the ground. So pushing or repulsing Palpatine away from you is a detriment to Luke because it leaves him temporarily vulnerable to being attacked by Palpatine.

He’s currently a nuisance in HvV to the Jedi because of constant staggers, stuns, and slows but when everything is functioning properly, he’ll become just as great as before because he’ll shred through a saber user’s block then melt them down. He’ll go back to steamrolling all Jedi. But everyone seems okay with the Jedi being play toys for the Sith Lords.

That is a bug that might even get fixed one day.

h846398gb27k.png

• Finn, Lando, Chewy, Leia and yes even Han are all easy wins against Palp. Provided they need to aim well and use abilities wisely. Rey can also hold her own against Palp easily, Yoda needs to work more if he dashes a lot but its not impossible and Luke can easily just with pushes disable him quite a lot.

And what are troopers supposed to do?
    Once again GA basically becomes ruined once a Palpatine shows up. They still bounce up and down reaching stupid heights, spamming Chain Lightning and basically wiping out three to four troops at a time. No risk to themselves of course as they simply bounce around, no aim necessary.

One character should not guarantee a team's win but Palpatine does that in GA...

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. All Palp has to do is jump and dash and Rey can do absolutely nothing. Luke can push Palp, sure. Doing less than 100 damage he can push Palpatine so far away he has time to get up and start shocking Luke again. AND there is another bug that lets Palp shoot lightning when he's getting pushed! All of the blaster heroes you mentioned could beat Palp, but a lot of things have to happen for anyone apart from Chewie to beat Palp.

1. The Palpatine player has to be inexperienced enough that he doesn't know that he should jump or dash to get to the blaster hero.
    2. The blaster hero still has to gun down Palp before he reaches him/her.
    3. If Palp does reach the hero, he has to not use Dark Aura or Electrocute.
    4. He also has to not jump at all during the fight.
    5. The bug that lets Palp stun heroes with his base lightning also has to not happen

If all of these do not happen, Han can beat Palp.
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3234 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Palp could just jump and dash and avoid all of Han's shots.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member

I agree that the blaster heroes can trash Palpatine if they are any good at aiming. Saber heroes stand no chance against him, and haven't since release if he is played correctly.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

With how predictable the jumps are in this game, if you can't shoot a jumping Palp's you really need to pay more attention to the game mechanics. Use Lando's stun grenade if you need to.

h846398gb27k.png

• Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

With how predictable the jumps are in this game, if you can't shoot a jumping Palp's you really need to pay more attention to the game mechanics. Use Lando's stun grenade if you need to.

Plus he jumps and falls so slow.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Landeaux2
    3034 posts Member
    Luke demolishes palpatine if played right. Same with rey and blaster users if you have correct aim.

If I’m Palpatine and I lose to any Jedi in a 1 on 1 scanerio then I couldn’t have played any worse. Again, if we talk about a 4v4 scenario then Palpatine is much more beneficial to his team than Luke, Rey, and Yoda.
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »

If I’m Palpatine and I lose to any Jedi in a 1 on 1 scanerio then I couldn’t have played any worse. Again, if we talk about a 4v4 scenario then Palpatine is much more beneficial to his team than Luke, Rey, and Yoda.

In tight spaces you could lose but on open spaces lightsaber heroes can't really get to you.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• The simplest adjustment they could make to Vader is add a mere 1 extra second delay before being able to Saber Throw after Choke. That 400 HP combo is just absurd on top of his defense.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215

What kind of palpatines are you fighting that lets a luke within melee range of him? That may be the real question here. Are you fighting palpatines in yoda's hutt? Becuase then i can understand him losing, but out in the open? A good palpatine does not lose unless he is stunlocked or deadeye'd
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine:
    - Same regeneration rate

Dodge/dash then.
  • Landeaux2
    3034 posts Member
    Atreus213 wrote: »
    The simplest adjustment they could make to Vader is add a mere 1 extra second delay before being able to Saber Throw after Choke. That 400 HP combo is just absurd on top of his defense.

There’s a lot they can do to start fixing the imbalanced mess with heroes but we haven’t seen any real changes to heroes in months.
    The simplest adjustment they could make to Vader is add a mere 1 extra second delay before being able to Saber Throw after Choke. That 400 HP combo is just absurd on top of his defense.

There’s a lot they can do to start fixing the imbalanced mess with heroes but we haven’t seen any real changes to heroes in months.

Yep. That's why I'm suggesting the simplest one haha. I no longer have expectations of extensive rebalancing.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Landeaux2
    3034 posts Member

Yep. That's why I'm suggesting the simplest one haha. I no longer have expectations of extensive rebalancing.

It’s really perplexing, too, considering that they release patches once every four weeks or so. You’d expect that to be adequate time to make a few changes, at the very least, to the characters...
  • Clone201
    3573 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    LeftTurnus wrote: »

And what are troopers supposed to do?
    Once again GA basically becomes ruined once a Palpatine shows up. They still bounce up and down reaching **** heights, spamming Chain Lightning and basically wiping out three to four troops at a time. No risk to themselves of course as they simply bounce around, no aim necessary.

One character should not guarantee a team's win but Palpatine does that in GA...

I know you haven't seen what Finn and / or Yoda can do the whole match while on defense... They may not get the most kills, but making their entire team into bullet sponges who then could solo any villain (especially the WW) and hold their own for a while, is what they do best...
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?

It’s really perplexing, too, considering that they release patches once every four weeks or so. You’d expect that to be adequate time to make a few changes, at the very least, to the characters...

We need to make a giant thread where we can post all the bugs that we've encountered.
  • Landeaux2
    3034 posts Member

We need to make a giant thread where we can post all the bugs that we've encountered.

I don’t think the forum is big enough for a thread like that.

I don’t think the forum is big enough for a thread like that.

I see you and @lerodemmy posting separate bugs all the time so maybe we could just have one big thread with the devs attention? Like the twitter and other news thread.