criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I'll just go ahead and say it, The Senate is still OP

Prev13
I was really hoping that 'balancing' him wouldn't just be fixing unintended bugs.

In HvV he takes 1/2 of almost any hero's health in under a second.

Double lightning + Chain lightning = half my health
Followed by electrocute and it's basically gg.

Replies

• He was balanced before the stamina update. Just revert him back.
  • They were shooting for not completely game ruining and they got it.

"no he's not OP" you replied to me in another thread! ha' told ya so & i said a thread about this was coming!...
  • He will always be OP, don't raise too much your hopes.
  • He will always be OP, don't raise too much your hopes.

You're right, I shouldn't get my hopes up.
    I just don't understand how one hero can have spike damage so high above any other character.
    Low risk, high damage, you can't miss, spike damage.
  • TheUltimateHope
    320 posts Member
    edited August 7
    But it's already a good thing that his attacks are back to the state where they do nothing to saber heroes blocking. At least the uselessness is reciprocal now.
  • Devlin21
    7861 posts Member
    moonalien wrote: »
    They were shooting for not completely game ruining and they got it.

"no he's not OP" you replied to me in another thread! ha' told ya so & i said a thread about this was coming!...

Ofc. People complain everything is op.
    9lpf6xtzqslu.gif

#makebobagreatagain
  • Alex64
    4634 posts Member
    Unlimited pawaaaaa!!!
    This is survival of the fittest, this... is, do or die, this... is, the winner takes it all, so take it all!!!
  • Levo
    230 posts Member
    Did anyone really expected something different?
    As long as he is able to attack while jumping he will stay the Strongest Character in this game period.
    Xbox GT: Levo18
  • moonalien wrote: »

I agree that there is too much 'nerf cry' on these forums.
    Check my post history, I have never asked for a nerf (maybe agreed palp needed one even before this)
    My point is, he isn't just the best hero, he's the best hero by a large margin.

I'll ask you this, Is jumping in the air and having a hero almost dead before you ever touch the ground sound like fair game play?
    Is there any other character that can do that amount of spike damage without even having to aim?
  • CorpseMaker77
    125 posts Member
    edited August 7
    People are complaining Palpatine is OP, but totally forgot that CHEWBACCA rekt villains for the whole month of July. So imo things are even now, both sides got at least one OP char.

Now I want to see noobs running away from Palps in HvV! lmao
  • Ehhh.... strong yes, OP now?, no.

There's a fine line between being downright overpowered and broken and being strong. Is Palpatine one of the strongest characters in the game if used correctly?, yes, yes he is. (If not THE strongest hero) There's nothing wrong with that, someone had to be. But he most definitely is no longer OP, doesn't shoot people through walls, doesn't kill several people who he's not even aiming at in a row with his main lightning, doesn't track people through walls with his lightning, all is good.

Anyone who's saying he's OP right now hasn't really played or played against Palpatine too much i think. Did you forget that his main lightning attacks are useless at close range and in tight hallways?.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • shhhhh do you want them to remove palpatine again? hes suffered enough. let him be.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    shhhhh do you want them to remove palpatine again? hes suffered enough. let him be.

:D

• Levo wrote: »
    Did anyone really expected something different?
    As long as he is able to attack while jumping he will stay the Strongest Character in this game period.

That's the kicker right there. Other than Boba Fett, there is no other Hero/Villain that has that high of a "Jump Ceiling" and can fire projectiles.

Unless they remove his jump fire, reduce his range, or remove his health regen... Palps will always be broken and an annoyance. Wookies are the only real counter for him... and I feel dirty doing it. However, whenever Palps gets low health they always go out of bounds where you cant follow and work on that health regen.
  • That's because the devs have been spending 1.5 months trying to figure out how to do a git revert. Once they figure out how to revert whatever changes hosed the netcode, then I'll be back. (Just kidding, I won't. It's fun playing games that actually work.)
  • (Just kidding, I won't. It's fun playing games that actually work.)

Amen to that brother.

That one time when i tried to choke a Han (i **** you not) and i became bugged and couldn't move allowing him to headshot me to death still gives me conniptions...
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • Ehhh.... strong yes, OP now?, no.

There's a fine line between being downright overpowered and broken and being strong. Is Palpatine one of the strongest characters in the game if used correctly?, yes, yes he is. (If not THE strongest hero) There's nothing wrong with that, someone had to be. But he most definitely is no longer OP, doesn't shoot people through walls, doesn't kill several people who he's not even aiming at in a row with his main lightning, doesn't track people through walls with his lightning, all is good.

Anyone who's saying he's OP right now hasn't really played or played against Palpatine too much i think. Did you forget that his main lightning attacks are useless at close range and in tight hallways?.

I have over 1,00 hours since launch. I remember all his bugs too well.
    A character doesn't have to shoot through walls or track 180 degrees to be OP.
    Again, he jumps in the air and takes half a heroes health before he ever touches the ground. Then add a stun, then add the health regen.
    How is that not miles above the next best character?
  • awakespace
    480 posts Member
    edited August 7
    moonalien wrote: »

I agree that there is too much 'nerf cry' on these forums.
    Check my post history, I have never asked for a nerf (maybe agreed palp needed one even before this)
    My point is, he isn't just the best hero, he's the best hero by a large margin.

I'll ask you this, Is jumping in the air and having a hero almost dead before you ever touch the ground sound like fair game play?
    Is there any other character that can do that amount of spike damage without even having to aim?

I don't actually think he's better than a bunch of the other heroes. I can smoke a Palp one on one with Han, Lando, Finn, and Chewy. Yes he jumps in the air, but you can just track him by this special technique called aiming. He's moving pretty slowly in the air and is pretty defenseless - just land those shots and he's almost dead in one jump. If you can't aim well, then practice, and if you still can't aim well, use Finn. Palp can't out damage any of these characters.

Now saber heroes are a bit different. They used to have a hard time with him, but now that they can indefinitely block with no damage. I would say that Palp doesn't have the advantage here either. Here you just wait for his stamina to run out and pick away at him. Especially if he jumps you can see where he will be landing.

Where he is a total monster is when he is in a group context, especially against saber heroes. If he is circling the battle and is not focused on, he wreaks havoc.

My strategy in HvV is just take him out first and then deal with the rest. You don't want him circling you while you take out other players.

He is also great in GA, but still can be taken down really quickly, so has to be extremely careful. Also, his new aiming angel is quite small, so you have to be precise with him. He does take skill to use. He is also a very fun and unique character in the game. Kind of like Bossk is very unique, but obviously in a totally different way.
  • awakespace
    480 posts Member
    edited August 7
    oops - double post...
  • He is the dark lord of the sith lord, he's supposed to be OP. Just like Yoda is a **** OP lightside hero. Stop crying already please.
  • Jealyh
    89 posts Member
    Found one match today, 29k points with Palpatine, he's definitely not any worse than he was before he got removed. If the developers had any sense whatsoever they'd revert him back to launch, but that is too logical so they'll keep messing him up one way or another for eternity thinking that one day they will manage it and feel so smart.

At least it gave me my last veteran challenge so I can leave this broken mess until they finally make some actual good content and maybe even fix game breaking bugs instead of letting us turn lightsabers on and off.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    This wasn’t a balancing patch. They only fixed/reverted some changes they made earlier.

Hopefully we will get some in the August patch.
  • Nah, early on but thus far I think he's in a good spot. Amazing that DICE has seemingly learned to nerf things without making them useless.

Do I wish you actually had to aim with him? Sure, but he's not broken.

haters still gonna hate him, tho.

• CorpseMaker77
    125 posts Member
    edited August 7
    Nah, early on but thus far I think he's in a good spot. Amazing that DICE has seemingly learned to nerf things without making them useless.

Do I wish you actually had to aim with him? Sure, but he's not broken.

haters still gonna hate him, tho.

Dude how I missed Palps' "Let the hate flow through you" taunt. People go on full rage quit mode, especially those who loves running on maps. lol
  • MC_XIX
    929 posts Member
    Ehhh.... strong yes, OP now?, no.

Again, he jumps in the air and takes half a heroes health before he ever touches the ground. Then add a stun, then add the health regen.

You do realise that a) saber users can still block his lightning without losing any or their stamina and b) blaster heroes can shoot him while he's jumping???

He can hop around all day trying to get me. As long as I hold L2 and block, he's not going to do any damage except with Dark Aura which is negligible.

Have you tried shooting him while he slowly hovers around? If you had, you'd know that all blaster heroes out-damage him comfortably and you can easily kill him before he kills you.
  • WodiQuix
    4028 posts Member
    I'll just say he's still infuriating to come up against as an infantry trooper. I just got through a round on Crait where he was flying around everywhere and electrocuting us at spawn. :s
  • MC_XIX wrote: »

You do realise that a) saber users can still block his lightning without losing any or their stamina and b) blaster heroes can shoot him while he's jumping???

He can hop around all day trying to get me. As long as I hold L2 and block, he's not going to do any damage except with Dark Aura which is negligible.

Have you tried shooting him while he slowly hovers around? If you had, you'd know that all blaster heroes out-damage him comfortably and you can easily kill him before he kills you.

Yes in a perfect scenario. As in I see him coming and am waiting on him. (as a blaster hero)
    Not when Im engaged in a fight and he warps across the map and shows up just floating above you while you're taking damage from the front already. It is an insane amount of damage. Again, no one hero does that much spike damage.

He is the only hero that forces me to pick a character to counter him and just focus on him because he is so OP.
  • And, as of 10min ago, he still appears to be tracking through walls.
  • Pawl250
    7 posts Member
    edited August 7
    100% this.....

Last game on Galactic Assault all balanced, enter Emperor goes on to get 63 kills and move through every objective without issue.

Guy had double the score compared to 2nd place.

He's broke.

Either remove his float jump, you NEED to remove his health regen card, or give him a saber full time and make his abilities lightning focused.

He is so OP. Was balanced until today and fun to play. Now it's not. I wonder why??? SARCASM
  • I round of GA and Palps still as annoying as ever. I long for a simpler time when there was no dark lord of the Sith. Lol. Still hate him.
  • moonalien wrote: »

Your comment is op.
  • I was really hoping that 'balancing' him wouldn't just be fixing unintended bugs.

In HvV he takes 1/2 of almost any hero's health in under a second.

Double lightning + Chain lightning = half my health
    Followed by electrocute and it's basically gg.

Another Rey and Luke (me) couldn’t even make a scratch in his health in GA. And we were fighting him in a narrow corridor on Crait! UNLIMITED POWER.
    Add more Extraction maps!

Hero TDM mode!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    Season 4: Rogue One
    Season 5: Revenge of the Sith
    Season 6: Clone Wars Revival
    Season 7: Episode IX
  • Yeah Palpatine is still ridic. I wouldn't have minded if he stayed gone, since they can't figure out how to balance him.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • According to this forum, half the heros in the game are "op".
  • Defbored wrote: »
    According to this forum, half the heros in the game are "op".

Don't forget the officer and wookiee warrior ;)
  • And, as of 10min ago, he still appears to be tracking through walls.

I was killed twice as a trooper, never even saw him. It's one thing when you can at least have a chance do some damage, I can live with that. Its funny though, I just get lit up as Palps, so clearly these people know what they're doing.
  • I got killed by the dark aura twice in HvV with a full health. It didn't really bother me since he was gone for a month.

I played with him earlier and hit and miss my targets while flying in the air. I didn't notice any differences, he worked very well without a problem.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg

"This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Lee1981
    610 posts Member
    Any hero is op in the right hands

Nothing new here, just people complaining for the sake of complaining

I’ve never had issue killing any hero in GA
  • MC_XIX
    929 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

Yes in a perfect scenario. As in I see him coming and am waiting on him. (as a blaster hero)
    Not when Im engaged in a fight and he warps across the map and shows up just floating above you while you're taking damage from the front already. It is an insane amount of damage. Again, no one hero does that much spike damage.

He is the only hero that forces me to pick a character to counter him and just focus on him because he is so OP.

Your scenario applies to any dark side villain, not just Palpatine. If you're engaged in a 1v1 with another enemy, and Vader approaches from behind and starts hacking at you, he deals far more damage than Palpatine. In fact, every Dark Side villain has more DPS than Palpatine now that I think of it, except perhaps Phasma.

All I took from your post is that you don't like it when Palpatine locks on to you when you're battling someone else. But that's an issue with your gameplay, not the character. I prefer it if Palps comes at me from behind rather than someone like Maul or Vader, who you will fall to much more quickly.

Do you say the same when you're fighting Han Solo and Chewie sneaks up on you and kills you in 2 Bowcaster blasts?
  • DrX2345
    2827 posts Member
    And, as of 10min ago, he still appears to be tracking through walls.

I was killed twice as a trooper, never even saw him. It's one thing when you can at least have a chance do some damage, I can live with that. Its funny though, I just get lit up as Palps, so clearly these people know what they're doing.
    Tbf you can get destroyed without seeing a thing by most heroes as infantry if they come from behind. Especially Rey, at least Palpatine can't hide from radar.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Palpatine has been overpowered since they buffed his health in one of the first patches. He was the epitome of balance when the game first released. The developers should stop adhering to people's complaints about heroes being underpowered when they didn't even have the correct star cards or had upgraded them in the first place.
  • last night i was playing hvv and constantly getting ambushed from behind by enemies. id be battling luke and then rey shows up. i may have beat luke 1v1 but im not good enough to take them both on especially when i already took some decent damage Reys first backslash. was kind of sad actually, i see my team engaging and run in to help by the time i get there everyone is dead and all the heroes turn to mop me up.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    last night i was playing hvv and constantly getting ambushed from behind by enemies. id be battling luke and then rey shows up. i may have beat luke 1v1 but im not good enough to take them both on especially when i already took some decent damage Reys first backslash. was kind of sad actually, i see my team engaging and run in to help by the time i get there everyone is dead and all the heroes turn to mop me up.

I played against a Palpatine in GA and both Luke (me) and another Rey could barely bring him down to 50% health.
    Add more Extraction maps!

Hero TDM mode!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    Season 4: Rogue One
    Season 5: Revenge of the Sith
    Season 6: Clone Wars Revival
    Season 7: Episode IX
  • He was fine at launch. If DICE would've included a pop-up tip saying "Using L1 and L2 allows Palpatine to use lightning from each hand, but at the expense of exhausting stamina faster" he wouldn't have needed any buffs. The big complaint was he overheated too quick, dealing low damagezwhuhc resulted in taking more damage. Once I figured this out he was fine.

In HvV he isn't OP like he was in the last patch, but he's where he was at before that.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »

Your scenario applies to any dark side villain, not just Palpatine. If you're engaged in a 1v1 with another enemy, and Vader approaches from behind and starts hacking at you, he deals far more damage than Palpatine. In fact, every Dark Side villain has more DPS than Palpatine now that I think of it, except perhaps Phasma.

All I took from your post is that you don't like it when Palpatine locks on to you when you're battling someone else. But that's an issue with your gameplay, not the character. I prefer it if Palps comes at me from behind rather than someone like Maul or Vader, who you will fall to much more quickly.

Do you say the same when you're fighting Han Solo and Chewie sneaks up on you and kills you in 2 Bowcaster blasts?

I see where you're coming from, and agree with you. I think I went too far down a rabbit hole from my main complaints.

1) His SPIKE damage is way too high. I understand that when it comes to raw DPS, he isn't the highest.

2) His movement speed is way too high. I understand that other heroes and villains can wreak havoc if they catch you off guard. But I don't play a different character to deal with Chewie, Vader, Iden etc. Neither is my head constantly on a swivel looking for these characters to make sure they don't get the drop on me because their movement speed is manageable.

3) His health and regen are too high

4) He doesn't need to aim, unlike other so-called "OP" heroes

5) He has a root, a snare and a stagger

6) If I understand F8RGE correctly, He will be draining stamina from LS blocking again.
  • Tbf he’s the weakest hero in the whole game. He deals hardly any damage and I can kill him extremely easily. For the sith emperor he’s kinda pathetic.