criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anyone Else Having Trouble W/ Paplatine’s Chain Lightening?

Before the fix, whenever I would attack I group with chain lightening, I would hear the multiple “cha-chings” like several cash registers going off. I only hear one even when there’s a group. I wasn’t able to notice my health go up as much as it used to either, making me think the chain lightening isn’t working properly. I have both at purple an combined I can get my health up by, I think 120, and I haven’t been seeing that happen. Just checking to see if others were noticing as well.
"My warning to you is this—do not rely on your companions to compensate for your weaknesses in skill. There will be times they will not be there to help you when needed."

Replies

• Also when heroes are blocking, Palpatine’s general lightening attack was not making contact with lightsabers, it just flails around in the open air, which I don’t believe it is how it’s supposed to go.
    "My warning to you is this—do not rely on your companions to compensate for your weaknesses in skill. There will be times they will not be there to help you when needed."
  • Also when heroes are blocking, Palpatine’s general lightening attack was not making contact with lightsabers, it just flails around in the open air, which I don’t believe it is how it’s supposed to go.

wait they actually brought him back? And he is now broken in that he doesn't work?
  • jonci
    461 posts Member
    Chain doesn't seem to work in Arcade very well either, no real bounce from target to target, (used to use it to finish Arcade daily 1500 grind quicker) haven't tried HVV yet.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
  • i have never had any luck with palpatine. His weapons drain incredibly fast and don't do the desired damage. But when playing against others who are playing as Palps (who know what they are doing) i get destroyed.
  • I'm having problem with all Palp's lightning attacks - they keep hitting me.

Don't know how clunky he is because I don't play him much but since he's been back it reminded me how much I enjoyed the game during the brief period he wasn't in it.
  • I love that he’s finally back, but I haven’t had the opportunity to play as him yet against infantry. In arcade though I did notice him occasionally having issues with chain lighting. This could be an issue as chain lighting shouldn’t have anything to do with the angle of contact mentioned in the patch notes after the initial hit.
  • jonci
    461 posts Member
    Only came across him in 2 matches in HVV, and wiped the floor with him as Chewie, even meleeing him once to death. (Mind you did that to Vader twice using Finn as well, which made me chuckle) Na i don't think he is as powerful anymore.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
  • Hopefully time will show his powers are nowhere near as destructive. If any character should be easy to farm kills with it should be yoda ... that’s all.