criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Suggestion: Devs Please Read, Simple Fix...?

Recently I’ve seen a streamer who owns an Xbox One X and plays Battlefront 2 and he has the option to configure the size of the in game HUD (HP bar, Mini map, Abilities) and I own an Xbox One (1st Gen) and I do not have that feature in the options menu whatsoever.

Can a developer please explain to me why older consoles don’t have this option? I’m unsure if older PS4 models also lack this feature.

@ea_tom @DICE_firewall @f8rge

Replies

• Also forgot to mention that I really want to be able to adjust the size of my in game HUD. :)
  • IIPrest0nII
    2972 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @VadersPetPig_

Hmm, can you please post a link to the highlight where streamer has that option? I'm trying to find this option in my game on PC and seems like there is no such option.

Thanks!
    Volunteer EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator
  • @VadersPetPig_

Hmm, can you please post a link to the highlight where streamer has that option? I'm trying to find this option in my game on PC and seems like there is no such option.

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply but here’s a link from his stream yesterday.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BenevolentStrangeDinosaurSuperVinlin

I reeeaallllyyyy want this option on my regular Xbox One
  • IIPrest0nII
    Thank you very much for the link. I double checked my settings and yes I also did not find the HUD Scale option. I'll forward your thread and ask about this option.
  • Thank you very much for the link. I double checked my settings and yes I also did not find the HUD Scale option. I'll forward your thread and ask about this option.

Thank you so much! I honestly don’t know why older consoles don’t have this option, I’m sure it doesn’t take up that many resources...
  • Thank you very much for the link. I double checked my settings and yes I also did not find the HUD Scale option. I'll forward your thread and ask about this option.

Any news?
  • IIPrest0nII
    @VadersPetPig_

There are no news yet. I will ask again after the weekend :)
  • IIPrest0nII
    Hey,

Just wanted to say that the team is investigating it. That's what i can say you now.
  • Hey,

Just wanted to say that the team is investigating it. That's what i can say you now.

You’re amazing thanks so much.
  • I just want to say that I have this Option in my Ps4 Pro. Don't know if it helps.
  • F8RGE
    274 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey folks,

We have this feature enabled on devices that are capable of playing in 4k resolution. Because of the increase in resolution we scale the User Interface to fit. However, this might not be to everyone's tastes, so we added the option to disable the UI resize.

If you're on a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X you should see this option. If you're on a regular PS4, Xbox One or Xbox One S, you will not.

Hope that clears things up.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey folks,

We have this feature enabled on devices that are capable of playing in 4k resolution. Because of the increase in resolution we scale the User Interface to fit. However, this might not be to everyone's tastes, so we added the option to disable the UI resize.

If you're on a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X you should see this option. If you're on a regular PS4, Xbox One or Xbox One S, you will not.

Hope that clears things up.

I would really like to customize the size on my Xbox One, can this feature please be added to devices that don’t run 4K? Personally, I feel like the default HUD is a little big and I would prefer to size it to my own likings and enjoy more of the map’s graphics. I would greatly appreciate if this option would be enabled on my device, and I’m sure a bunch of other players would be happy too. I can’t afford an Xbox One X, otherwise I would buy one...
  • @F8RGE I thought further about this and I really don’t see why this feature is exclusive to 4K users. In my opinion, I see it as an advantage for 4K users. I really don’t see how implementing this feature would be difficult to do. Battlefield 1 has this feature for all console and a lot more UI customizations. We hardly have any UI customization for this game.
  • Please :(