criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Minor damage buff for Finn’s Glie

I think it would be pretty much appreciated mainly because you can only use it to run, see the enemy or to kill someone with low health, because killing someone with full health makes you intake a lot of damage
Thoughts?

Replies

  • I don't think so, It does enough damage already in my opinion.

    But what I would like to see is his increased sprint speed be fixed, as it's mentioned in the ability description but it doesn't actually work in the game.

    I'd also like the capability to regenerate health beyond the normal threshold, like for example Finn would shoot someone with his GLIE-44 & regen 7 health per shot.

    So this would allow him to regen some health back if he has a tough time during the battle.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I don't think so, It does enough damage already in my opinion.

    But what I would like to see is his increased sprint speed be fixed, as it's mentioned in the ability description but it doesn't actually work in the game.

    I'd also like the capability to regenerate health beyond the normal threshold, like for example Finn would shoot someone with his GLIE-44 & regen 7 health per shot.

    So this would allow him to regen some health back if he has a tough time during the battle.

    Maybe, but I mainly mention it because in HvV that ability isn’t very useful, and I know he is a support hero but I have been seeing a lot of players just sniping and using big deal to heal themselves without helping anyone or pushing the objective, but for me, when I’m in the objective I don’t use it because his main weapon has the same firing rate and more damage so I only use it when the enemy has completed the phase and we need to fall back and while I didn’t know it’s bugged I think it helps you run a bit faster than a normal trooper, I use it to get the milestone which isn’t impossible but it’s quite hard for me and very slow
    I don’t think regenerating health would be good, take for example Yoda, he gives himself and other allies extra health so he doesn’t need a regeneration star card, but Finn gives extra health, damage reduction, faster ability recharges to teammates and himself
    I don’t know, maybe I’m doing the things wrong
  • Looks like I've spotted a severe case of Noob-itis...

    But don't worry, I may be able to help with that. I've got 800+ hours of experience and love playing Finn.

    Maybe, but I mainly mention it because in HvV that ability isn’t very useful, and I know he is a support hero but I have been seeing a lot of players just sniping and using big deal to heal themselves without helping anyone or pushing the objective.

    As I've said before, I'm really like playing Finn, and I think the GLIE-44 ability is absolutely fantastic in HvV.

    It gives Finn more damage potential as it does more DPS than his regular blaster & Dead Eye.
    It also hides my team mates from the enemy radars & spots opponents before they get the jump on me.

    Those "other players" that sit in the back and do nothing are ones who are just absolutely god awful at playing Finn, and have no grasp of the game in any way.
    They're the exact reason most teams lose in HvV or GA, trying to solo the enemy team & think they can win on their own.

    Doing that but with Finn is just 10x as worse, as he isn't a dueling character, he's supposed to stay with his team & support others with amazing team buffs that no one else can match. Well at least for now, he's the only true support character in the game so far.


    Don't be like those "other players".
    Be the hero that sticks with the team all the way through to lead them to success.


    But for me, when I’m in the objective I don’t use it because his main weapon has the same firing rate and more damage so I only use it when the enemy has completed the phase and we need to fall back .

    His main weapon does NOT have the same fire rate, and damage is dependent on how well you aim with the pistol.
    I think it does okay damage, I've killed many enemies with the weapon, and it can also Out DPS your main blaster if you get all the shots on an enemy.

    Using that ability while falling back to the next phase is a good call, keep it up.

    It's quite good for objective play in GA as well. Like I said, it covers ALL team mates near you from enemy radars, and it also spots enemies who may be hiding behind walls or flanking. Which helps your team more-so than you really think.


    And while I didn’t know it’s bugged I think it helps you run a bit faster than a normal trooper.

    It does not help you sprint faster than a normal trooper, it currently doesn't do that at all for some reason.
    It's quite annoying & I highly doubt they'll fix it. But it is what it is.



    I use it to get the milestone which isn’t impossible but it’s quite hard for me and very slow.

    Ah so that's where the problem is, all I can so bro is just keep trying & you'll eventually get it. By the time you do get that milestone you probably will have mastered the ability anyways, so just keep it up dude.


    I don’t think regenerating health would be good, take for example Yoda, he gives himself and other allies extra health so he doesn’t need a regeneration star card.

    I do not think Yoda should be able to regen beyond his normal threshold, as he's quite possibly the most OP light saber wielder in GA in my opinion.

    I've slaughtered legions of battle droids & stormtroopers while barely even giving any effort.
    So I honestly hope that doesn't happen, ever.


    but Finn gives extra health, damage reduction, faster ability recharges to teammates and himself.

    Correct.

    But nonetheless, you cannot deny that it would make his GLIE-44 more enticing to use :wink:


    I don’t know, maybe I’m doing the things wrong.

    Keep on playing, and you'll soon find yourself on the right track my friend.

    Maybe you might actually get the buff you seek sometime in the future, who knows.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Looks like I've spotted a severe case of Noob-itis...

    But don't worry, I may be able to help with that. I've got 800+ hours of experience and love playing Finn.

    Maybe, but I mainly mention it because in HvV that ability isn’t very useful, and I know he is a support hero but I have been seeing a lot of players just sniping and using big deal to heal themselves without helping anyone or pushing the objective.

    As I've said before, I'm really like playing Finn, and I think the GLIE-44 ability is absolutely fantastic in HvV.

    It gives Finn more damage potential as it does more DPS than his regular blaster & Dead Eye.
    It also hides my team mates from the enemy radars & spots opponents before they get the jump on me.

    Those "other players" that sit in the back and do nothing are ones who are just absolutely god awful at playing Finn, and have no grasp of the game in any way.
    They're the exact reason most teams lose in HvV or GA, trying to solo the enemy team & think they can win on their own.

    Doing that but with Finn is just 10x as worse, as he isn't a dueling character, he's supposed to stay with his team & support others with amazing team buffs that no one else can match. Well at least for now, he's the only true support character in the game so far.


    Don't be like those "other players".
    Be the hero that sticks with the team all the way through to lead them to success.


    But for me, when I’m in the objective I don’t use it because his main weapon has the same firing rate and more damage so I only use it when the enemy has completed the phase and we need to fall back .

    His main weapon does NOT have the same fire rate, and damage is dependent on how well you aim with the pistol.
    I think it does okay damage, I've killed many enemies with the weapon, and it can also Out DPS your main blaster if you get all the shots on an enemy.

    Using that ability while falling back to the next phase is a good call, keep it up.

    It's quite good for objective play in GA as well. Like I said, it covers ALL team mates near you from enemy radars, and it also spots enemies who may be hiding behind walls or flanking. Which helps your team more-so than you really think.


    And while I didn’t know it’s bugged I think it helps you run a bit faster than a normal trooper.

    It does not help you sprint faster than a normal trooper, it currently doesn't do that at all for some reason.
    It's quite annoying & I highly doubt they'll fix it. But it is what it is.



    I use it to get the milestone which isn’t impossible but it’s quite hard for me and very slow.

    Ah so that's where the problem is, all I can so bro is just keep trying & you'll eventually get it. By the time you do get that milestone you probably will have mastered the ability anyways, so just keep it up dude.


    I don’t think regenerating health would be good, take for example Yoda, he gives himself and other allies extra health so he doesn’t need a regeneration star card.

    I do not think Yoda should be able to regen beyond his normal threshold, as he's quite possibly the most OP light saber wielder in GA in my opinion.

    I've slaughtered legions of battle droids & stormtroopers while barely even giving any effort.
    So I honestly hope that doesn't happen, ever.


    but Finn gives extra health, damage reduction, faster ability recharges to teammates and himself.

    Correct.

    But nonetheless, you cannot deny that it would make his GLIE-44 more enticing to use :wink:


    I don’t know, maybe I’m doing the things wrong.

    Keep on playing, and you'll soon find yourself on the right track my friend.

    Maybe you might actually get the buff you seek sometime in the future, who knows.

    Well, maybe a noob with Finn (one of my lowest level heroes) but I’ve been playing since launch, but still, thanks for the advices
    Well, hiding from the enemy radars is fantastic, like Rey’s insight which is her best ability for flanking, but I don’t see how it can help your teammates unless you have a friend that flanks with you (maybe you can explain me)
    I have tested it, and in fact the GLIE has a faster firing rate but deals less damage: his main weapon does 45 to the body and 85 for a headshot, the GLIE does 35 to the body and 66 for a headshot. I don’t know how to get the DPS, but Finn’s main weapon kills Vader in four seconds hitting the head all the time and 7 seconds hitting the body, but I found that the GLIE also kills Vader in 4 seconds and for the body like 6.5/7 seconds because the ability doesn’t lasts long enough to kill him
    About Yoda, I completely agree, with his small hit box and his force absorption which cleans an entire room
    For the test I see while it’s damage is not as low as I thought I still can’t find how to use it to kill, but for other things it’s perfect (team play mainly) and I tested it too, the Sprint is bugged as you say, but for example, Yesterday I killed a Bossk hiding out the bounds behind a wall, but I went for him only because I saw him with the ability, at the end (because of the lack of sprint increase) I couldn’t return to the zone for like .5 seconds and died
    But well, now I see that a damage boost is not as needed as I thought, I will master Finn and then we’ll see
    I hope the numbers I got are useful for you and thanks for the advice!

  • I have over 9,386,105 hours played as Finn alone and I think it could use a little damage buff.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I have over 9,386,105 hours played as Finn alone and I think it could use a little damage buff.
    Yes, it would be welcome but we need to see which other improvements should be made before
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I have over 9,386,105 hours played as Finn alone and I think it could use a little damage buff.

    You've been playing 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, for 1086 years... only as Finn.

    Impressive. Most impressive.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I have over 9,386,105 hours played as Finn alone and I think it could use a little damage buff.

    You've been playing 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, for 1086 years... only as Finn.

    Impressive. Most impressive.

    Wow, we should call him Master
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I have over 9,386,105 hours played as Finn alone and I think it could use a little damage buff.

    You've been playing 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, for 1086 years... only as Finn.

    Impressive. Most impressive.

    It is what it is.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!