criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

5 worst hero abilities

adamjbamford
198 posts Member
edited August 10
I know this has probably been done before but what would you say are the 5 worst hero abilities? Mine are:
5. Pulse cannon
4. Luke’s rush
3. Concussion rocket
2. Shoulder charge
1. Staff strikes

Opinions?

Replies

• And lando's smoke grenade
  • Empire176 wrote: »
    And lando's smoke grenade
    I originally put that as 4 but then I remembered Luke’s rush. In ga it can be quite useful, it’s just too situational to be a good ability
  • Top 5 worst:

1. Boba's Concussion Missile
    2. Phasma's Staff Strikes
    3. Lando's Smoke Grenade
    4. Leia's Flash Grenade
    5. Maul's Saber Throw

Spreaking from personal experience in both HvV and GA, these abilities are all terrible. Concussion Missile does literally nothing to the enemy. Staff Strikes are a joke and you're better off using Phasma's basic melee. Lando's Smoke doesn't really serve any purpose. Leia's Flash Grenade can be useful at times but it doesn't work very often. And Maul's Saber Throw has the worst hit detection I've ever seen.
  • Hans shoulder charge is not useless it one shots everybody but heavys
  • Hans shoulder charge is not useless it one shots everybody but heavys

It’s easier and safer to shoot them most of the time, and it’s terrible against heros
  • bfloo
    11603 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Top 5 worst:

3. Lando's Smoke Grenade
    4. Leia's Flash Grenade
    5. Maul's Saber Throw

Spreaking from personal experience in both HvV and GA, these abilities are all terrible. Concussion Missile does literally nothing to the enemy. Staff Strikes are a joke and you're better off using Phasma's basic melee. Lando's Smoke doesn't really serve any purpose. Leia's Flash Grenade can be useful at times but it doesn't work very often. And Maul's Saber Throw has the worst hit detection I've ever seen.

They fixed Maul's saber throw, it has actually been working for me.
  • Luke’s rush isn’t the worst rush in the game I would say it’s slightly better than yodas
  • DarthJ
    4880 posts Member
    For me, in no particular order:

Boba's concussion rocket
    Leia's flash grenade
    Phasma's staff strikes
    Rey's dash
    Iden's pulse cannon

Concussion rocket - doesn't really affect the enemy. Same with Leia's flash grenade. Phasma's staff strikes can be good when landed, but its landing them or getting close enough that's the issue. speed is still slow too. Reys dash is hard to control and easy to get away from. Iden's pulse cannon is difficult to maneuver.

I don't get the hate for Luke's rush - gets you out of trouble or can get a quick hit in to move in for the kill. His damage resistance after use card isn't too bad either.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    For me, in no particular order:

Boba's concussion rocket
    Leia's flash grenade
    Phasma's staff strikes
    Rey's dash
    Iden's pulse cannon

Concussion rocket - doesn't really affect the enemy. Same with Leia's flash grenade. Phasma's staff strikes can be good when landed, but its landing them or getting close enough that's the issue. speed is still slow too. Reys dash is hard to control and easy to get away from. Iden's pulse cannon is difficult to maneuver.

I don't get the hate for Luke's rush - gets you out of trouble or can get a quick hit in to move in for the kill. His damage resistance after use card isn't too bad either.

Thank you for agreeing with me on lukes rush
  • Empire176 wrote: »
    And lando's smoke grenade
    I originally put that as 4 but then I remembered Luke’s rush. In ga it can be quite useful, it’s just too situational to be a good ability
    Yeah, but Rush is situationally useful. Smoke grenade just isn't.
  • 1. Smoke grenade 2. Concussion rocket 3. Staff strikes 4. Pulse cannon 5. Flash grenade.
    Smoke grenade serves no purpose. Concussion rocket does almost nothing to the enemy. Staff strikes could be good if it was faster. Pulse cannon is ok in GA but not worth crap in HvV. flash grenade is annoying to get hit with but a skilled player can still kill Leia while blinded.
  • bfloo
    11603 posts Member
    1 Finn's aim bot

2 Lando's aim bot

3 Leia's aimbot

4 Rey's wall hack

What did Guilliaume run out of ideas and goto hack.com for hero abilities
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Top 5 worst:

3. Lando's Smoke Grenade
    4. Leia's Flash Grenade
    5. Maul's Saber Throw

I know it's fixed to an extent, but the hit detection is still awful. I use Choke Hold to throw people and follow up with a Furious Throw, and it just passes right through them. I'd say on average only 30 - 40% of on-target throws actually deal any damage.

I'm surprised people are saying Iden's Pulse Cannon is one of the worst abilities. I love that thing. It deals 200 damage at mid-charge and has a great RoF, and headshots are surprisingly easy to pull off.
  • Admiral_Xen
    1453 posts Member
    edited August 10
    GA or HvV? Some abilities are great in one and useless in the other (e.g. Leia's shield). I suppose on balance

1)Phasma Staff Strikes (aka "shoot me while I spin around ineffectually")
    2)Luke's Repulse (aka "shoot me while I punch the ground and send you further away to shoot me more")
    3)Lando's Smoke (some utility in GA and against bad saber players who crutch on the auto aim)
    4)Boba's bottle rocket (the blaster disable aspect can be nice in some circumstances)
    5)Leia's flash nade (decent in GA for the wallhack, but trash in HvV because enemies can see through its effect)

of them I'd only say the top two are entirely useless.

Also loving y'all picking my beloved Lols cannon. Yes, it's the most useless thing ever

nothing to see here pls move along
  • 1. Lando's Smoke Grenade
    2. Fett's Concussion Rocket
    3. Leia's flash grenade
    4. Phasma's staff strikes
    5. Iden's pulse canon

Imo, 1-3 are nearly useless, and the 4th and 5th are slightly bad.
    • Landos smoke bomb
    • Phasma staff strikes
    • Hans shoulder charge
    • Boba Fett concussion rocket
    • Iden Versio Pulse Cannon
    ⦗ XBOX GT: lID E F A L TIl⦘~ "Big shot forum goer putting together a Hero Concept thread, You in?" ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    w7652yj88cr8.png
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

• moltentown
    198 posts Member
    edited August 10
    From my HvV experience in no particular order:
    • Han's shoulder charge - it's 50/50 if it works, even with the tips I've gotten.
    •Phasma's staff strikes - takes too long and leaves you open to damage
    •Iden's pulse cannon - I prefer close to mid-range combat as her so this is a no to me. I much prefer Phasma, Bossk and Lando's scope.
    •Luke's repulse - by no means bad, but leaves me open and takes too long. I rather push.
    •Leia's flash grenade - has never helped me a day in my life, yet it has worked against me...
  • ghawar18
    191 posts Member
    edited August 10
    1 lando smoke grenade
    2 phasma stike
    3 han solo charge
    4 leia shield
    5 finn eagle eye
  • The melee attack of Phasma :(
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Top 5 worst:

3. Lando's Smoke Grenade
    4. Leia's Flash Grenade
    5. Maul's Saber Throw

Well, it's still hit and miss. What is sad is when the game first came out it was perfect.
    I find I have to aim slightly to the left of my target to get a good hit.
  • 1. Mauls choke. Does an garbage amount of damage.
    2. Leias shield is absolutely worthless.
    3. Concussion rocket is garbage.
    4. Yoda's push
    5. Lukes repulse
  • if you go by right now or average over the course of the entire game mauls saber through should be #1 since it was bugged for months.
  • Iden's Pulse Cannon is far from useless.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    upaqxniwx4ns.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Iden's Pulse Cannon is far from useless.

Far from it
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • I disagree with Luke's rush. As mentioned above it can get you out of a tight jam and can still damage other saber villains, even if they're blocking (though the damage is admittedly low).

My top 5 are

1) Han's Shoulder rush
    2) Phasmas staff strike
    3) Lando's smoke grenade
    4) Boba's concussion rocket
    5) Chewie's stun grenade

I have to qualify my #5. I was tempted to just put "Chewie in GA" for the last one. I can't think of a worse hero to choose in GA than Chewie. Just be a wookie warrior. Half the cost, you get more health (after you've taken damage), and you get a thermal imploder, not some garbage stun grenade. Chewie's stun grenade is only good in HvV. In GA it's practically worthless. I've always been a proponent of switching the thermal imploder to Chewie and giving the stun grenade to WW's. Then I would be much more likely to spawn as Chewie in GA. Or at least give Chewie a star card to have the thermal imploder.
  • Top 6 worst abilities with 1 being the worst of the worst and 6 being the best of the worst:

1. Phasma Staff Strikes: literally the only reason to use them is to make the other player feel worthless and for bragging rights. I was killed by staff strikes once a few months ago and I almost uninstalled the game out of shame.
    2. Iden’s Pulse Cannon: the mechanics just make it unusable. You’re better off using alternate fire like a mortar round than trying to line this hot garbage up.
    3. Lando’s Smoke Grenade: literally the only thing it’s good for is trying to obscure the view of a dark side blaster user for a few seconds. The main reason I use it occasionally is because I have an ability that is still available to us.

(Wide gap)

4. Leia’s Bubble Shield: this thing usually does more harm than good to the light side in HvV by blocking the fields of fire of light side blaster users. The only thing it’s good for is protection against a Boba rocket barrage.
    5. Maul’s Saber Throw: this ability used to be perfect. Around the time of the progression system update, it became completely broken, connecting only about 5% of the time of you Kentucky windage’ed the throw. Now, after it has supposedly been “fixed,” it has about a 50% connect rate at best, again, using some degree of Kentucky windage.
    6. Leia’s Flash Grenade: somewhat useful, but the fact that the dark side opponent can still see her health bar makes it almost useless, especially when they are a saber user, which is usually when the grenade is used.

Han’s shoulder charge doesn’t belong on this list IMO, although it’s definitely borderline. It used to ALWAYS knock over every villain it connected with. Now it’s about a 50-60% knock over rate. If it was tweaked to be back at a 100% knock over rate, I wouldn’t consider it to be a borderline ability for consideration on this list.
  • GA or HvV? Some abilities are great in one and useless in the other (e.g. Leia's shield). I suppose on balance

1)Phasma Staff Strikes (aka "shoot me while I spin around ineffectually")
    2)Luke's Repulse (aka "shoot me while I punch the ground and send you further away to shoot me more")
    3)Lando's Smoke (some utility in GA and against bad saber players who crutch on the auto aim)
    4)Boba's bottle rocket (the blaster disable aspect can be nice in some circumstances)
    5)Leia's flash nade (decent in GA for the wallhack, but trash in HvV because enemies can see through its effect)

of them I'd only say the top two are entirely useless.

Also loving y'all picking my beloved Lols cannon. Yes, it's the most useless thing ever

nothing to see here pls move along

You don't emote when you bring the beam of Imperial Justice down on the Rabble Alliance?

Han is the only one I can 2 shot on a regular basis :(
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    upaqxniwx4ns.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• adamjbamford
    198 posts Member
    edited August 10
    1. Mauls choke. Does an garbage amount of damage.
    4. Yoda's push
    5. Lukes repulse

Mauls choke??!! I would put that in my top 5 best abilities!
  • Clone201
    3155 posts Member
    edited August 10
    bfloo wrote: »
    Top 5 worst:

3. Lando's Smoke Grenade
    4. Leia's Flash Grenade
    5. Maul's Saber Throw

Sometimes it can go through enemies and not damage them at all. They haven't fixed it entirely; it still has an issue even now... What a shame... :(
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Voter_Colonel
    467 posts Member
    edited August 10

I'm surprised people are saying Iden's Pulse Cannon is one of the worst abilities... and headshots are surprisingly easy to pull off.

Entirely opponent dependent. You can only hit things that stay still long enough for you to charge it up and fire. Constantly moving enemies are much more of a problem.

• 1. Mauls choke. Does an garbage amount of damage.
    4. Yoda's push
    5. Lukes repulse

Mauls choke??!! I would put that in my top 5 best abilities!

the choke is the best push in the game, damage is incidental
  • Unfortunately it's Luke's "stomp the yard" move for me. Talk about vulnerable
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Top 5 worst:

3. Lando's Smoke Grenade
    4. Leia's Flash Grenade
    5. Maul's Saber Throw

Spreaking from personal experience in both HvV and GA, these abilities are all terrible. And Maul's Saber Throw has the worst hit detection I've ever seen.
    Depends on the user