criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV: A Hotfix Story

Prev1
Darth_Vapor3
2752 posts Member
edited August 2018
First, my apologies. This will be long. For those that love HvV and/or Hero gameplay, I implore you to read this in it’s entirety.

To these, and all others, I am asking for your serious consideration and opinions on this idea.

@lerodemmy, @Landeaux2, @Dash, @BeastlyCrawdad, @EventHorizionOH, @TonyGoombah1, @Empire_TW, @Devastator21823, @AzorAhai, @Omniscient, , @Ciena_Ree, @mastery0ta, @Han_Spinel, @Rugbymaster1, @UrbanGlitch, @The_Sith_Apprentice, @Midichlorian

Greetings, exalted ones...

The problems with HvV are well known and we’ve all experienced them. The game concept of a small objective based Hero mode is a good one and many of my best and most exciting games in Battlefront 2 have been in this mode. So have my worst. Pure running and exploits. They’ve already been explained and explored and on and on in precise detail. This forum’s members are nothing if not the PhD’s of this game and its mechanics. We all benefit greatly from it.

The call for Hero Blast is now loud and clear. My name is on the list. As time passed I started realizing that TDM, while a good alternative to the current state of HvV, is just a simple substitute. Not an improvement. TDM would be nice to have, but objectives are what make the best modes great. I continue to get some HvV matches where everyone is playing correctly and they’re great. Still, the percentage of matches like this is way too low.

So I started thinking about ways to improve HvV without simply replacing it. Ideas like control points/areas, activated switches, roaming droids or some such... None fit right and would at least restrict matches to certain areas of each map. No... That wasn’t the path. Also those ideas would require radical changes from he dev team.

The bottom line issue with the target system in HvV is that the core mechanics actually encourage running and hiding. I’m not the first to say this. After spending no small amount of thought on this, I think I’ve found something. A small change to the mechanics, one easy for the devs to make, that would eliminate the mechanics for running while still utilizing whole maps.

The Tweak:
Instead of a point being scored when a target is eliminated, a point is scored when a target gets a kill. Not an assist, but any kill on any opponent, target or not. The new target selection countdown is started when a target gets a kill or is killed. Now please pause and give this thorough and careful consideration. Imagine the mechanics of HvV with this ruleset...

Considerations:
When you’re spawning in, these mechanics encourage a player to seek out his own shield instead of just hurling toward the opponent target. Supporting your team’s shield while all are trying to thin the field so your own ally can get a point is, I think, wholly superior to what we have now. Instead of simple ‘kill the man with the ball’ we would have the dynamics of lead blockers for the ball carrier(point scorer) and this ruleset, to my mind, achieves the opposite of the current target system in HvV.

Concerns:
Gamesmanship. There is no way govern player behavior entirely with a ruleset. This is evident in GA as sometimes some players seem to be exploring an open world, which isn’t actually an open world. Boba could still just fly away and Maul can still run, but there would be no intrinsic, in game strategic value in doing so.

My goal with this thread is to begin the discussion to affect an actual change to the HvV target system. This is not an anti Hero Blast post. I think there is more than enough room for both. Like many of you I love the small mode, Hero based gameplay that HvV provides and I truly think that this simple change(dev friendly) to the way points are scored would solve the issues with the current system.

Lastly, I propose to call this suggested change ‘HvV 2.0’ for easy reference.

Thank you all.
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Replies

• I don’t play much HvVs but I like this. It won’t completely change the mode to something different but simply flip the scoring system.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • AzorAhai
    1130 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Easy change to make thinking the thinking be “your all gonna die now” instead of “time to flee” when you become the target

Exactly. And I dig the sports analogy, because when this mode is at it's best, that's what it feels like.
  • I think that it would be simpler to just half Boba's jetpack speed and give players who are the target a 10% sprint speed decrease.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Dash wrote: »
    @Darth_Vapor3 , I believe you wonderfully covered my thoughts and concerns as well. And I too feel exactly as you do on this matter. There can be an Alternate Game mode of HVV Blast, or simply retune the current HVV and remove the targeting system. Either way is a viable option. And either way alleviates the stresses from the current system that can and will be abused.

You did a great job in detailing everything as you did. And an even better job at stressing what this post is meant to be for, Change. It's meant to spark a Change. With that said I support You, and this post.

+1oywvfvgkfn9r.png

Yes, and thank you @Dash. The target system is a fantastic idea. It simply has unintended aspects. My proposal negates any value to running/hiding while at the same time enhancing the teamwork dynamics. And change is indeed the goal. Simply changing kill/death point recognition accomplishes the whole thing.
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I think that it would be simpler to just half Boba's jetpack speed and give players who are the target a 10% sprint speed decrease.

Hmmm. A simple change to the kill/death point recognition is actually simpler than adjusting multiple character’s operation values.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    2752 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Easy change to make thinking the thinking be “your all gonna die now” instead of “time to flee” when you become the target

Exactly. And I dig the sports analogy, because when this mode is at it's best, that's what it feels like.

Yes! An objective based point system(the target) is indeed a sport. The team has to work together to achieve success. Blast is more like a track meet. Highest performance wins. That’s good. This would be more like football or basketball. The best quarterback or fastest guy on the field, or best shooter doesn’t necessarily win the game. The team must win, as a team. It’s a ball sport. I feel strongly that HvV should have both a track meet, and a ball sport option.
  • ...a point is scored when a target gets a kill. Not an assist, but any kill on any opponent, target or not. The new target selection countdown is started when a target gets a kill or is killed.

I appreciate the thought you have put into this. After spending some time pondering the potential ramifications of these suggested changes, here are my thoughts:

1) This basically flips the modus operandi on its head so that the Targets will now be chasing down people who will be intentionally avoiding said Targets

2) With no formal comms in game, how would players (and how many would have the skill/restraint) know when to hold back on attacks so that the Target can get a killing blow (KB)? If I interpreted your concept correctly, then this would be its Achilles heel.
    ...Boba could still just fly away and Maul can still run, but there would be no intrinsic, in game strategic value in doing so.

As I stated above, the roles seem to just get reversed. Now, the Targets are chasers. Tag, you’re it!

Now, the Targets become the lights and the other players the cockroaches. I could easily see these matches going on forever.

Given this discussion, I’d still like to shamelessly plug my concept from last month:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/115742/hvv-mode-revamp-concept-stub

Thanks for the focused effort.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    2752 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Omniscient wrote: »
    ...a point is scored when a target gets a kill. Not an assist, but any kill on any opponent, target or not. The new target selection countdown is started when a target gets a kill or is killed.

I appreciate the thought you have put into this. After spending some time pondering the potential ramifications of these suggested changes, here are my thoughts:

1) This basically flips the modus operandi on its head so that the Targets will now be chasing down people who will be intentionally avoiding said Targets

2) With no formal comms in game, how would players (and how many would have the skill/restraint) know when to hold back on attacks so that the Target can get a killing blow (KB)? If I interpreted your concept correctly, then this would be its Achilles heel.
    ...Boba could still just fly away and Maul can still run, but there would be no intrinsic, in game strategic value in doing so.

As I stated above, the roles seem to just get reversed. Now, the Targets are chasers. Tag, you’re it!

Now, the Targets become the lights and the other players the cockroaches. I could easily see these matches going on forever.

Given this discussion, I’d still like to shamelessly plug my concept from last month:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/115742/hvv-mode-revamp-concept-stub

Thanks for the focused effort.

Ah. Thank you for your considered response. I’ve come up with a few criticisms of my proposal but didn’t list them because my post was running long. Your concern was one of them. It’s a fair point, although I’d say ‘Achilles heel’ may be a little strong wording. Yes, attempting to tactically disengage from your opponents’ target’s attack, would be a dynamic. What it wouldn’t be, is the perpetual run/chase that we have now. If you don’t escape: point. If you do escape: the chase is immediately over as the scoring doesn’t revolve entirely on you(the the runner in our example). This dynamic would last seconds, not minutes with also the risk of he opponents target overextending(losing viable defenders) while chasing since strategically, you’d be running toward your own shield or team for support. Not running away randomly. There would be a learning curve, but these forums at least have some pretty advanced players.
    Sorry I missed your previous post. With my work schedule I don’t check the forums daily. I think your idea is intriguing. It would require extensive play testing and tweaks to get the numbers right, but in the end it would be vastly superior to HvV’s current state.
    My goal was to suggest something that would take a minimal effort on the dev’s part. A simple kill/death, point score change.
  • @Omniscient

Also, you wouldn’t necessarily have to run from the target. If you kill them, the targets reset.
  • You guys take this way too seriously for a game that doesn't even have a competitive scene.
  • I like the OP's idea
    after all, who thinks running away is fun?
  • this is really good thread. great example of constructive feedback. you provide criticism and then an alternative solution. I hope this type of communication has a better chance of passing the gatekeepers. everyone was tagged already so no need to shamelessly spam them again. your passion for the game and mode is well grounded. and it is clear that you have a way to communicate your views in a way that I and others probably could not.
    toxg7o1yiea9.gif

• stevenomes wrote: »
    this is really good thread. great example of constructive feedback. you provide criticism and then an alternative solution. I hope this type of communication has a better chance of passing the gatekeepers. everyone was tagged already so no need to shamelessly spam them again. your passion for the game and mode is well grounded. and it is clear that you have a way to communicate your views in a way that I and others probably could not.
    toxg7o1yiea9.gif

Much gratitude for your comment.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    This wouldn't fix running and exploiting imo. It would make people camp even more.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• AzorAhai
    1130 posts Member
    This wouldn't fix running and exploiting imo. It would make people camp even more.

How so? What is the payoff to camping? If you don't want to win as a team, then you surely want some sort of personal glory. If you're playing this game just to camp (I guess those people exist?), I suppose you're always going to have your share of cowards, but a whole team of cowards? Surely that would be less common that what we have now.
  • maybe they would camp as group? it's hard to know how players would react in game situation. it's not like they test it anyway so I'd be curious to see if it is any better this way. I would imagine some camp strategies may be employed:

1. everyone scatters and tries to hide or leads attackers to corners of the map.

2. non target team team turtles up trying to find a place to make last stand or an area where it is easier to defend.

3. play keep away as long as possible to waste time if they already have the lead and are no on target team.

there are numerous things the attackers could do to counter these as well though. nothing is perfect and always there will be players that dont care and do whatever they want (just kill the first person they see or hide from them).
  • AzorAhai
    1130 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    maybe they would camp as group? it's hard to know how players would react in game situation. it's not like they test it anyway so I'd be curious to see if it is any better this way. I would imagine some camp strategies may be employed:

1. everyone scatters and tries to hide or leads attackers to corners of the map.

2. non target team team turtles up trying to find a place to make last stand or an area where it is easier to defend.

3. play keep away as long as possible to waste time if they already have the lead and are no on target team.

there are numerous things the attackers could do to counter these as well though. nothing is perfect and always there will be players that dont care and do whatever they want (just kill the first person they see or hide from them).

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.

The targets would always have a vested interest in finding each other out at least.

• AzorAhai
    1130 posts Member
    The heroes need a jetpack hero. Fett is the main problem here.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    The heroes need a jetpack hero. Fett is the main problem here.

And yet, whatever problem Fett or another may cause, it would be a problem of aggression as the target. At all times running and hiding stops or slows point progression and in no way benefits your team. This negates the problem in the current version.
  • Nice idea. I like the entire concept of it. We do need a change in HvV, this may be the answer. Both ideas of TDM and your idea deserve to be created and tested, to see which one would best fit for HvV.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Nice idea. I like the entire concept of it. We do need a change in HvV, this may be the answer. Both ideas of TDM and your idea deserve to be created and tested, to see which one would best fit for HvV.

tested? unlikely they do that.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    Nice idea. I like the entire concept of it. We do need a change in HvV, this may be the answer. Both ideas of TDM and your idea deserve to be created and tested, to see which one would best fit for HvV.

tested? unlikely they do that.

They do test stuff, they just aren't good at it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

While I wouldn’t want to lose an objective based Hero mode, I would welcome Hero Blast. I vote for both whether this idea is utilized or the current version is kept as is.
  • An interesting concept however I'd only be open to a new objective base HvV if they tested it first, which is extremely unlikely given how it seems they don't test anything for this game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    An interesting concept however I'd only be open to a new objective base HvV if they tested it first, which is extremely unlikely given how it seems they don't test anything for this game.

A very good request.
  • but if they dont test anything already, what is the difference if they dont test this before release? that is the point of this thread i think. to test it out with our own ideas and see how it might go. already i see its promise.
  • First, thanks for including me in your discussion. I do appreciate the work you put in OP.

However, I fundamentally disagree with the concept, and feel the best, and simplest, solution is to completely remove the Target system. “Blast” is already a game mode, just insert heroes. I wish that there was something more fun to do with Heroes, but this is likely the *only* update we’ll ever see to this Heroes only game mode, IF ANY. All effort is going to go into the large-scale non-linear mode for Clone Wars.

To elaborate on my thoughts, and as you pointed out, the current target system promotes running and in-game map exploitation for an unfair competitive advantage. It simply must go.

Though your system would incentivize the targets to attack and not run, it devalues the other 6 players. Their sole purpose would be to protect or pad stats, and any protecting or kills they acquire are not beneficial to the team since their protection also does not guarantee a point or progression of game. As a revision to your concept, I would suggest each player kill counts as a point, and a kill by the target counts as a 3 pointer (from down town!, and keeping with your basketball theme above). This allows everyone to contribute to the overall progression of the game, and also incentivizes targets to do well in combat. Unfortunately, this all assumes a balance between the Darkside and Lightside....

My friends, even the revision above has a fatal flaw however, and as someone pointed out earlier, the mechanics of saving kills for the Target is not only confusing, but worse still....

This would GREATLY FAVOR the Darkside, which is clearly and already OP. The amount of freeze/stun durations and near-instaKill abilities of the Darkside would clearly outmatch the Lightside for coordinating/prioritizing kills by your team’s shield. Please, everyone, let Kylo Ren freeze you and think on that for a moment (or 9 seconds, whatever comes first).

I’m not here to rain on anyone’s parade (unless you’re suggesting buffs to Boba Fett, or that Vader is supposed to be OP, or that Palpatine/stuns in general will ever be balanced henceforth), but I pray the following resonates all throughout the battlefront:

The Target system must go. Please insert Hero Team Death Match/Hero Blast.

Just my two cents....
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • EventHorizionOH
    1330 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Short and Sweet.

+1

"That was amazing" to read.
    Post edited by EventHorizionOH on
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Good post! I agree I love the target system and the objective based game player.

My one suggestion would be that players get a kill for taking out the target, but if a target kills someone a point is deducted. If that makes sense.

Speaking of running and hiding... gotta love kylos ability to pull them back. I yanked a luke right off the top of a pillar on yavin 4. "Get over here!" B)

Maybe the lightside heroes will get a similar ability when obiwan and anakin deploy... that might help as well.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    2752 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Han_Spinel wrote: »
    First, thanks for including me in your discussion. I do appreciate the work you put in OP.

However, I fundamentally disagree with the concept, and feel the best, and simplest, solution is to completely remove the Target system. “Blast” is already a game mode, just insert heroes. I wish that there was something more fun to do with Heroes, but this is likely the *only* update we’ll ever see to this Heroes only game mode, IF ANY. All effort is going to go into the large-scale non-linear mode for Clone Wars.

To elaborate on my thoughts, and as you pointed out, the current target system promotes running and in-game map exploitation for an unfair competitive advantage. It simply must go.

Though your system would incentivize the targets to attack and not run, it devalues the other 6 players. Their sole purpose would be to protect or pad stats, and any protecting or kills they acquire are not beneficial to the team since their protection also does not guarantee a point or progression of game. As a revision to your concept, I would suggest each player kill counts as a point, and a kill by the target counts as a 3 pointer (from down town!, and keeping with your basketball theme above). This allows everyone to contribute to the overall progression of the game, and also incentivizes targets to do well in combat. Unfortunately, this all assumes a balance between the Darkside and Lightside....

My friends, even the revision above has a fatal flaw however, and as someone pointed out earlier, the mechanics of saving kills for the Target is not only confusing, but worse still....

This would GREATLY FAVOR the Darkside, which is clearly and already OP. The amount of freeze/stun durations and near-instaKill abilities of the Darkside would clearly outmatch the Lightside for coordinating/prioritizing kills by your team’s shield. Please, everyone, let Kylo Ren freeze you and think on that for a moment (or 9 seconds, whatever comes first).

I’m not here to rain on anyone’s parade (unless you’re suggesting buffs to Boba Fett, or that Vader is supposed to be OP, or that Palpatine/stuns in general will ever be balanced henceforth), but I pray the following resonates all throughout the battlefront:

The Target system must go. Please insert Hero Team Death Match/Hero Blast.

Just my two cents....

I would suggest to you that TDM would expose any disparity in faction strength to the fullest. Indeed, basic death match, absent any advanced objective gameplay, magnifies the imbalance. Lateral, tactical objectives are in fact a balancing force. I submit that the current version of HvV is barely more than death match now. People will run in TDM. Bobba will hardly ever die. The only real difference is that you’ll not have the requirement to kill a specific opponent to score.
  • Short and Sweat.

+1

"That was amazing" to read.

Thank you. Also, I’d like to thank you now, as I have a couple of your pals in the past, for the work y’all do with regard to hero combat dynamics. The consistent contribution you provide regarding ability bugs and balancing concerns is of great value this forum and it’s community, the developers, and this game as a whole. While I don’t always agree with all ‘balacing’ ideas, the benefit of y’alls effort is undeniable. Keep doing what y’all do.
  • AzorAhai
    1130 posts Member
    Hero team deathmatch might happen. Removing the target system from HvV ain't happening, it's what makes the mode. I just played a round of HvV and it was very fun. I was dark side, so Boba didn't annoy. I honestly don't mind runners who aren't Boba. I even marveled at the skill of one runner one day. Dude was a specimen. lol. But Fett is nearly impossible to kill if he decides to run and is in the hands of a highly skilled coward.

• I agree with you about keeping some sort of objective involved. I like your idea. There are many options that could be interesting. Think droid run for HvV. Or capturing control points, like a conquest type HvV mode. Or a king of the hill.

I think TDM is absolutely better than our current target system. It needs to be changed desperately. But I would definitely like some sort of objective to play during the round.
  • A bump for more feedback.
  • @Darth_Vapor3 - thanks for a great kicking off point! My immediate thoughts were similar to @Han_Spinel. Something like...

First team to 30 points (or similar) wins. Non target kills are worth 1 point, a target killing anyone other than the other team's target worth two and anyone killing the target worth 3. Have the target on a 90-second timer.

If "saving" kills for your team's target proves to tricky, swap out kills for kills or assists, though that would probably swing things too far the other way.

That said, as a few have mentioned, Hero Blast would be a great idea. I think it would have to be as well as, rather than instead of, HvV. And would it be too crazy to go for the full 8v8?
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • AzorAhai
    1130 posts Member
    Fuzzbap wrote: »
    @Darth_Vapor3 - thanks for a great kicking off point! My immediate thoughts were similar to @Han_Spinel. Something like...

First team to 30 points (or similar) wins. Non target kills are worth 1 point, a target killing anyone other than the other team's target worth two and anyone killing the target worth 3. Have the target on a 90-second timer.

If "saving" kills for your team's target proves to tricky, swap out kills for kills or assists, though that would probably swing things too far the other way.

That said, as a few have mentioned, Hero Blast would be a great idea. I think it would have to be as well as, rather than instead of, HvV. And would it be too crazy to go for the full 8v8?

Hero Blast is a no brainer. And I think it should be something other than 4 on 4. My thoughts were more along the lines of 6 on 6, but 8 on 8 would work too. Heck, 3 on 3 would be great.

But I'm more of an objective-based sports fan at heart (footbaw!), so I never want to lose HvV mode. But like listening to ideas about how to tweak it. Yours are great. I'd add Target killing the Target = 5 points. Heh.
    I'd add Target killing the Target = 5 points. Heh.

Ooh, for hot target on target action? I can dig it.
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • Great idea fully support it however if this change comes to past we would need to increase the number of targets from 10 to something more reasonable like, let’s say 50.
  • @StarWars0525

Indeed, with some play testing, the ticket count would be adjusted accordingly. Thank you.
  • I read everyone’s thoughts on this thread so far.

Thanks to @Darth_Vapor3, the OP, for doing what @stevenomes essentially said, articulating this in a way that is constructive, easy for developers to implement in a “hotfix,” and generally, positive for everyone to read.

@AzorAhai and @stevenomes had some good responses, but instead of responding to them directly, I “like” voted their responses, as well as others, un-named.

I do like the ideas that @Omniscient has posted at:

, but they are much more complicated for the casual gamer, and they have zero chance of being implemented, at this point in the game development.

I really like what @Han_Spinel said, and I agree mostly. I would certainly prefer simple TDM to what it currently is.
    I also like and agreed with the response by @Darth_Vapor3, who said that team balancing wouldn’t be any better as TDM.
    That being said, “Target Mode,” which is “new,” can be fixed, and the devs are more likely to do that, then scrap the “new” mode and go back to TDM, for this title.

Several of you mentioned “testing,” and I all of us would like to see more of that as well.
    I don’t think devs needs to go as far at PUBG and Fortnite have gone with perpetual betas, but getting us biweekly events like “Gears of War” has had for many years, would go a long way for testing game modes, in a public way. I applaud the devs for adding, taking away, then adding again, Ewok Hunt, even if I’m not a fan.

If you read nothing else, what’s important is that what @Darth_Vapor3 has proposed, can feasibly be implemented, before the game dies with “little” cost for the devs, and that is really the most important thing, and my single motivating factor for posting this diatribe.

P.S.
    Don’t expect anything that is this long, specific, constructive, or nice, from me again . . . I have a trillion dollar company that actually pays me for this stuff.
  • @JediMusuta
    Gratitude and appreciation, for your considered response.
  • JediMusuta wrote: »
    I read everyone’s thoughts on this thread so far.

Thanks to @Darth_Vapor3, the OP, for doing what @stevenomes essentially said, articulating this in a way that is constructive, easy for developers to implement in a “hotfix,” and generally, positive for everyone to read.

@AzorAhai and @stevenomes had some good responses, but instead of responding to them directly, I “like” voted their responses, as well as others, un-named.

I do like the ideas that @Omniscient has posted at:

, but they are much more complicated for the casual gamer, and they have zero chance of being implemented, at this point in the game development.

I really like what @Han_Spinel said, and I agree mostly. I would certainly prefer simple TDM to what it currently is.
    I also like and agreed with the response by @Darth_Vapor3, who said that team balancing wouldn’t be any better as TDM.
    That being said, “Target Mode,” which is “new,” can be fixed, and the devs are more likely to do that, then scrap the “new” mode and go back to TDM, for this title.

Several of you mentioned “testing,” and I all of us would like to see more of that as well.
    I don’t think devs needs to go as far at PUBG and Fortnite have gone with perpetual betas, but getting us biweekly events like “Gears of War” has had for many years, would go a long way for testing game modes, in a public way. I applaud the devs for adding, taking away, then adding again, Ewok Hunt, even if I’m not a fan.

If you read nothing else, what’s important is that what @Darth_Vapor3 has proposed, can feasibly be implemented, before the game dies with “little” cost for the devs, and that is really the most important thing, and my single motivating factor for posting this diatribe.

P.S.
    Don’t expect anything that is this long, specific, constructive, or nice, from me again . . . I have a trillion dollar company that actually pays me for this stuff.

Good feedback
  • A final bump for any remaining interest.
  • There needs to be some sort of rework, it's getting quite aggravating when the target can just scamper off and cowardly evade any and all conflict until their team can finally score a point.

Perhaps some sort of timer. If the target is not defeated within the limit, then the target who has scored fewer points since becoming the target during that point is declared defeated, and the point goes to the other team.

That way, it would encourage the respective targets to actually participate in the match; instead of skirting the map or cowering behind their friends for the rest of the match.
  • Fevee wrote: »
    There needs to be some sort of rework, it's getting quite aggravating when the target can just scamper off and cowardly evade any and all conflict until their team can finally score a point.

Perhaps some sort of timer. If the target is not defeated within the limit, then the target who has scored fewer points since becoming the target during that point is declared defeated, and the point goes to the other team.

That way, it would encourage the respective targets to actually participate in the match; instead of skirting the map or cowering behind their friends for the rest of the match.

Honestly, that’s not a bad idea at all.
  • H vs V is arguably my favorite mode, depends on mood I suppose. The running has become annoying, anything that encourages team play to me is a plus. I'm usually playing with randoms so its usually luck if we stick together, although it does happen. Depends on the player. HvsV 2.0 receives my vote. Small tweaks that could improve this mode for the long run. Stay with your teammates gang, it's not H vs VVVV
    Hero team deathmatch might happen. Removing the target system from HvV ain't happening, it's what makes the mode. I just played a round of HvV and it was very fun. I was dark side, so Boba didn't annoy. I honestly don't mind runners who aren't Boba. I even marveled at the skill of one runner one day. Dude was a specimen. lol. But Fett is nearly impossible to kill if he decides to run and is in the hands of a highly skilled coward.

Yep. The main thing is that you should not have characters that can reach areas which characters on the other team can't get to. Case in point is still the spires on Yavin 4. Boba Fett can jet pack up to the very top and no other character can touch him. None of the force users can jump up there, and none of the blaster heroes can get an angle in range to be able to shoot him. I had a player using Boba today who when he was the target did that and just sat up there. He admitted it in chat as he felt it was "helping his team win" to paraphrase his words. I told him what I thought of him at the end of the round and quit the match saying I was quitting because of him. I know to keep an eye out for the name (who for TOS reasons I can't name here) as I refuse to play in any game with players like that.
    So to the dev team, Yavin 4 needs some work to stop crap like this. I can handle runners on the whole as you can deal with them, but not ones who hide like that Boba user at all.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • If the game played well there would be little running or hiding. The game is half broken, some players are cheating and most of the time its one or two players running to their deaths against a group of four.