criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Stop rage quitting hero showdown you [word deleted due to forum guidelines]

A_C0NFU53D_SH03
581 posts Member
edited August 2018
Title pretty much sums it up :)
Post edited by A_C0NFU53D_SH03 on

Replies

• Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    Hero starfighters and hvv as well.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Hero starfighters and hvv as well.

It's worse to do on hero showdown because it shuts the match down completely until there's a new player
  • Funny when you make a Vader rage quit after beating him with two blaster heroes.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    Hero starfighters and hvv as well.

It's worse to do on hero showdown because it shuts the match down completely until there's a new player

Same with hsf.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• StarWars0525
    2522 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    We need bots EA. Please add in bots to fill in these games
  • ive stopped playing this mode all together, i find the worst of the community play this mode, dont believe that? i have a bombardment of vulgar messages that says otherwise...
  • Funny when you make a Vader rage quit after beating him with two blaster heroes.

I loved doing this. Very satisfying.
  • audiodistortion
    121 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    They should improve the servers and the matchmaking first.

I quit HvV all the time, I'm not wasting my time on a predetermined outcome.
    Post edited by audiodistortion on
  • They should improve the servers and the matchmaking first.

I quit HvV all the time, I'm not wasting my time on a predetermined outcome.

There's always a chance to win. Leaving is what predetemrines the outcome dude. Be a real gamer.
  • I'm so glad the hero showdown daily challenges seem to have disappeared. Those were awful. That mode is so bad unless you know your partner won't quit.
  • moonalien wrote: »
    ive stopped playing this mode all together, i find the worst of the community play this mode, dont believe that? i have a bombardment of vulgar messages that says otherwise...

This. Never ever get messages in other game modes. I'm not that great and I don't play like a ****. But wow, the number of people who just assume you should play "their" way and then get cheesed off when they perceive you are ruining "their" game is crazy. Refuse to play this mode because of it. And messages are 99% from your "teammate", at least in my experience.

I don't need that. It's easy enough to get heroes in GA, even for a player like me that likes to push objectives, even if I'm not a world beater in terms of kills or battlefield domination.
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    I'm so glad the hero showdown daily challenges seem to have disappeared. Those were awful. That mode is so bad unless you know your partner won't quit.

I just skip them, along with sa, strike, and extraction challenges.
    Extraction I just don't like the challenges, if there were 4 or 5 maps I'd actually play it more.

I get more credits in a sitting if I just play the modes I want rather then suffering through a challenge and turning the game off.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• The issue here is skill level and the match making system.

Every once in a while they hit players that really know what they are doing. @Zepheon and myself have received some hate mail due to how we play HS. I would call us passive aggressive in HS.
    • We know what we are doing.
    • We know how to counter campers and "Toxic" players.
    • Zeph is more skilled than myself, but our teamwork in HS is second to none. (except when he runs off and forgets to mention it to me)
    • We prioritize targets.
    • We know how to play off each other.

Very rare occasion that we lose, it's because we lost on the light side. So where am I going with all this? I think we have lost HS possibly 4 or 5 times out of 500 or so matches that we have played together.

The rage quitters are mid tier players at best. They usually stomp on darkside and squeak a win out on light. But when they face "real skilled" players, they lose their mind.

Penalizing them for backing out is not the answer.
    • Allowing either team to initiate a 1v1 or a 1v2 (for HS) should be the answer.
    • If the player accepts the 1v1 the team with 2 players must chose who plays, if no agreement can be found, it will pick one of the two players at random to do the 1v1.
    • If the player declines the 1v1 challenge, A 90 second timer should start. If lobby does not fill, the team with 2 players should win.
    • Hero star fighter should have the same rules as above.

Penalizing a player who is mad makes matters worse, not better.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH