criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ridiculous Credit Farming in HvV and Hiding in Walls

Not sure where to put this, so move it where you see fit...

Just trying to take advantage of the Double XP weekend in HvV and keep seeing the same player popping up, Repeating the same motion over and over again. Clearly he's not playing, he's just rigged the remote to shoot, roll, repeat... And go in circles. On PS4.

If that wasn't bad enough, on Takodana, Hoth, and Yavin, players during HvV have been exploiting wall glitches and HIDING IN WALLS THAT YOU CAN'T GET TO.

I mean obviously, those players are getting in there somehow, but you're not supposed to. These players are being selected as the target, and going directly to their little hidey-holes. How do I know this? Well, the players have ZERO score. 0 Eliminations, 0 points. You can see them outlined as the target, or with Rey's ability, just hopping up and down so they don't get kicked, be j reachable to anyone else who doesn't know how they got there.

I've also seen Rey (as the target) on top of one of the buildings on Administrators' palace and no one else could figure out how she got up there. Both teams were trying to hop up there to join her/fight her. Maybe that's not a wall glitch, I'm not sure. But after what I've seen recently, I'd say it's a glitch.

I don't know what it is about this weekend, but it has brought out the absolute worst in these kinds of "players." Can't really call them players since they aren't actually playing. Between this and the players hiding in walls to "win" HvV, it's been a really fun double XP event.

I don't want to out the players here... Just want to issue a complaint to get him/them banned. Any thoughts as to how/where to do that?

Replies

• To the gallows with them, I say!
  • ukm87ooflqg6.gif
    To the gallows with them, I say!

itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Wall glitch users are cheaters plain and simple. Report, block, and move on.
  • Wall hiding is the devs fault, incompetence in spades.
  • Yeah, I've seen Boba and Kylo go on top of that one place in Administrator's Palace. Lucky I haven't met any AFKs this week, but I do see them often.
    Saddly reporting does nothing.
  • Sounds like you and I might have been in the same lobby a few times, @Scoundrel. I encountered a player during a few rounds of HvV who was AFK. The character would spin, shoot, and even hit certain abilities from time to time. Thankfully they were never on my team, but it was still annoying.

There was a point on Hoth where that team (still with the AFK player in the lobby) would hide in the ceiling of the caves when they were the target. I felt like I was back in the game at launch when HvV was being exploited like crazy.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »

Just trying to take advantage of the Double XP weekend in HvV and keep seeing the same player popping up, Repeating the same motion over and over again. Clearly he's not playing, he's just rigged the remote to shoot, roll, repeat... And go in circles. On PS4.

If that wasn't bad enough, on Takodana, Hoth, and Yavin, players during HvV have been exploiting wall glitches and HIDING IN WALLS THAT YOU CAN'T GET TO.

I mean obviously, those players are getting in there somehow, but you're not supposed to. These players are being selected as the target, and going directly to their little hidey-holes. How do I know this? Well, the players have ZERO score. 0 Eliminations, 0 points. You can see them outlined as the target, or with Rey's ability, just hopping up and down so they don't get kicked, be j reachable to anyone else who doesn't know how they got there.

I've also seen Rey (as the target) on top of one of the buildings on Administrators' palace and no one else could figure out how she got up there. Both teams were trying to hop up there to join her/fight her. Maybe that's not a wall glitch, I'm not sure. But after what I've seen recently, I'd say it's a glitch.

I don't know what it is about this weekend, but it has brought out the absolute worst in these kinds of "players." Can't really call them players since they aren't actually playing. Between this and the players hiding in walls to "win" HvV, it's been a really fun double XP event.

I don't want to out the players here... Just want to issue a complaint to get him/them banned. Any thoughts as to how/where to do that?

Yavin, just go to the wall there hiding at and force yourself through it. Not difficult at all.
    Bespin, get a force user and just on the guardrail then jump up there, not difficult at all.
    Hoth, jump from the ice bridge near the imperial spawn into the wall. Not hard once you don't once and know the exact spot.
    I dunno yr one on takodana
  • I understand what you're saying... If you know about the wall glitches then you can stop players from doing it... but it's just plain wrong. The point of playing a game is to play and have fun. Entertainment... Not winning at all costs. Exploiting a wall glitch is a bush league move. It's not fun. I'm playing to enjoy the game, not figure out where the wall glitches are so i can stop other players from doing it.

It's a separate argument about the glitches being there in the first place. Look, stuff happens. Plenty of games have crazy glitches and things that need to be fixed (or shouldn't happen in the first place) but that's all games. Exploiting these glitches and hacks are childish (and yeah maybe some are actual 5-year olds who are doing it). But how hard is it to actually play the game and not just make the game unfair?
  • I'll never understand the running, hiding and shooting people from a far. I just don't see the fun in it. COWARDS! Kids these days.
  • I just look at it as an easy kill ,
  • Razzzor77 wrote: »
    I just look at it as an easy kill ,

Especially that one on yavin. Whenever I see someone hide in there I'm like oh yay free target kill. And then they quit which is even more funny
  • Hmmm, does anyone know how to kill a player that hides in Death Star II behind a wall rack? I have only seen Yoda there and for the life of me I could not damage him. I had with me Palpatine, Bobba and maybe Vader, and I think they were all surprised too.

But yeah, it's annoying. I can't see how that can be enjoyable. Sure, I get frustrated when I get my butt kicked repeatedly, but I change tactics and play. I cannot understand how someone would even avoid playing.
  • moltentown wrote: »
    Hmmm, does anyone know how to kill a player that hides in Death Star II behind a wall rack? I have only seen Yoda there and for the life of me I could not damage him.

I managed to kill Yoda there once with Bossk, using a combination of mines and dioxis. It took a number of tries, but fortunately I had a really good team that could hold off the rest of the light side players long enough for me to get lucky with the mine placement. It was frustrating for a time, but VERY satisfying when they lost.
  • HvV has become the most cancerous mode in the game, sadly.
    I'm not sure what happens once someone is reported? As in does anyone then watch those accounts to see if there is any truth to the claims?
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Instead of closing them, the players should bleed 500 Credits and die instantly once they enter the glitch.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »

If this is the one on takodana you're talking about....