criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

realistic player numbers.

I've read some posts where people claim there are 1M + players.

Where are these numbers coming from as i don't believe EA release any player base figures. BF2015 used to have a site where you could check the active players at any given time but as far as i'm aware EA stated "this is only a number"

However, despite EAs apparent reluctance this number can be seen as a proxy approval or longevity indicator.

I'd be very interested in the monthly, daily average numbers of unique players since launch until this point.

e.g
Nov 2017 daily average of X
Dec 2017 daily average of Y
Jan 2018 daily average of Z
etc etc

if anyone can shed any light on this id appreciate it.

Replies

• No one really knows mate. Last game had something like 7k unique daily on PS4 and that was the highest console. It’d probably be around that same area for this game.
  • Versatti
    1564 posts Member
    Can you imagine the number of “This Game is Dying/Dead Posts” that would create?

Totally not worth knowing in my opinion.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Morgancarr wrote: »
    I've read some posts where people claim there are 1M + players.

Where are these numbers coming from as i don't believe EA release any player base figures. BF2015 used to have a site where you could check the active players at any given time but as far as i'm aware EA stated "this is only a number"

However, despite EAs apparent reluctance this number can be seen as a proxy approval or longevity indicator.

I'd be very interested in the monthly, daily average numbers of unique players since launch until this point.

e.g
    Nov 2017 daily average of X
    Dec 2017 daily average of Y
    Jan 2018 daily average of Z
    etc etc

if anyone can shed any light on this id appreciate it.

You are correct, EA/DICE do not release any player population stats. Any claims about active player populations are pure speculation. All we know is roughly how many copies of the game sold... that is it. In my personal case, I had 160 people on my Origin friends list who played the game after the first month or so... now at 9 months in I have 82 people on my Origin friends list who play... so for the people on my friends list (all pretty much hardcore players who were very good at the game) the retention at 9 months has been around 50%... but the population on my friends list is an outlier to the general population, so I can't make any inferences beyond my specific friends list retention.
  • 50% of my friends list stopped playing about April/May
  • Not new content -> the players bored of this game
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • SVEJ
    1066 posts Member
    Consoles have allot of players, PC, from what i have played has like 40 people, I know because every day I play and it's the same people all the time.
  • I would guess less than 1k at this point on PC, consoles always have more.