criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Will your shooter be BFV in Oct?

2Next

Replies

• The trailer for Battlefield V had too much sjw in it, so I won’t bother with Battlefield V until I play the beta. Plus, as someone said also, they are going for less realism . . . I mean, what? That’s exactly what I love about Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1, the realism.
    If I want to play a fantasy “shooter,” I play HvV on Battlefront 1 and 2.
    Plus, Battlefield V is going back to WW2? So disappointed. I would like to have seen Battlefield V be an HDR, better version of Battlefield 4, with all new maps, with more destructables etc.

The trust has been broken. Now, I watch and see before I buy, if at all.
  • Levo
    239 posts Member
    No Battlefront 2 will be the last dice game for me. Just too disappointed with how this game was/gets treated. Bethesda and rockstar Games will get my money this Fall/winter.
    Xbox GT: Levo18
  • No interest in any further games made by Dice tbh. Quality aside, their practises and attitude toward this franchise leaves a lot to be desired.
  • No, playing only SWBF2(2017) and SWBF1(2015) they are both great games, sometimes playing also SWBF2(2005). When I have long time break playing games or when I am tired I also get motion sickness.
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    a lot of no's here fo bv5. interesting. I thought there might be more hype for it but maybe it's just a sore subject on the battlefront forum where everyone is still recovering from the bf2 let down. I think in general though it may end up like titanfall 2. good game that came out at bad time. DICE really needs to come back with something strong and consumer based. Take a hit financially I'm sure EA could afford it but make a game that is good but also not a slap in the face to its customers. the gouging tactics are too prevalent in games now so its always refreshing when we get developers who want to release complete games without the side show grinding
  • bfloo
    15842 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    a lot of no's here fo bv5. interesting. I thought there might be more hype for it but maybe it's just a sore subject on the battlefront forum where everyone is still recovering from the bf2 let down. I think in general though it may end up like titanfall 2. good game that came out at bad time. DICE really needs to come back with something strong and consumer based. Take a hit financially I'm sure EA could afford it but make a game that is good but also not a slap in the face to its customers. the gouging tactics are too prevalent in games now so its always refreshing when we get developers who want to release complete games without the side show grinding

Not really interesting, BFV has been hated on since the reveal.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• JediMusuta wrote: »
    The trailer for Battlefield V had too much sjw in it, so I won’t bother with Battlefield V until I play the beta. Plus, as someone said also, they are going for less realism . . . I mean, what? That’s exactly what I love about Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1, the realism.

I couldn't agree more, the realism has always been so good. Reviving someone with a defibrillator after theyve been shot in the face, for example.

Game developers ALWAYS choose entertainment over realism. Nothing has changed.

Also, for reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Wake

Also, there has been a new Battlefield V trailer:

"The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    First person gives me a headache, so no.

I understand this reference.

There was a reference there lol.

You don't know?

No

Someone once told Anarchy Ninja that playing in first person gives them a headache and he has mocked that comment ever since.

Ah, well it does. Tried it in bf1. Was getting motion sick.

Have had the same problem since overplaying the original Turok. Yes I am old. Red dead is 3rd person Right? Might try that one.

Indeed it is 3rd person. P.s. I remember playing OG turok too, we ain't that old man lol

That game was so fun <3. Made me happy others around here have played it.

Indeed it was wookie. A game I would enjoy a reboot/remake of with current tech.
  • WarfareKiller41
    7056 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I was initially excited for it, but the lack of hype in the Battlefield community turned me off from getting it at launch, I still might get it at launch if it’s really good. Really loved the Black Ops 4 beta, but I think I’ll get it when it’s discounted. The only game that I’m 100% going to buy this year is Red Dead Redemption 2. Would’ve gotten Spider-Man too, but I sadly only have an Xbox One. :'(
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    JediMusuta wrote: »
    The trailer for Battlefield V had too much sjw in it, so I won’t bother with Battlefield V until I play the beta. Plus, as someone said also, they are going for less realism . . . I mean, what? That’s exactly what I love about Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1, the realism.

I couldn't agree more, the realism has always been so good. Reviving someone with a defibrillator after theyve been shot in the face, for example.

Game developers ALWAYS choose entertainment over realism. Nothing has changed.

Also, for reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Wake

Also, there has been a new Battlefield V trailer:

yeah, I remember when I was in Afghan. Jumping out of a plane to snipe someone out of another plane, then land back in my plane at the bottom of a loop was a normal daily occurrence

"muh realisum"
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• bfloo
    15842 posts Member
    I was initially excited for it, but the lack of hype in the Battlefield community turned me off from getting it at launch, I still might get it at launch if it’s really good. Really loved the Black Ops 4 beta, but I think I’ll get it when it’s discounted. The only game that I’m 100% going to buy this year is Red Dead Redemption 2. Would’ve gotten Spider-Man too, but I sadly only have an Xbox One. :'(

It isn't what Battlefield players wanted. We just had a WW1 game that played like ww2. People complained they wanted something modern/ futuristic, so they gave us ww2 :(

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

It isn't what Battlefield players wanted. We just had a WW1 game that played like ww2. People complained they wanted something modern/ futuristic, so they gave us ww2 :(
    I buy games that I know I’ll have fun in. Only the open beta will decide if I’ll ever get it at all, but right now, I’m not interested since the marketing is terrible, there’s little hype for the game, I’m not a fan of some of the new features like no full health regeneration and the weird customization, etc. The game probably doesn’t have much content considering there’s only 2 playable factions in a game about the war that had the most countries involved in history. And I don’t have much faith into the game’s live service if the game will disappoint as hard as the media is making it out to be. I already have Battlefield 3, 4, and 1, and I highly doubt any future Battlefield game will ever top Battlefield 3 alone for me.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • bfloo
    15842 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I buy games that I know I’ll have fun in. Only the open beta will decide if I’ll ever get it at all, but right now, I’m not interested since the marketing is terrible, there’s little hype for the game, I’m not a fan of some of the new features like no full health regeneration and the weird customization, etc. The game probably doesn’t have much content considering there’s only 2 playable factions in a game about the war that had the most countries involved in history. And I don’t have much faith into the game’s live service if the game will disappoint as hard as the media is making it out to be. I already have Battlefield 3, 4, and 1, and I highly doubt any future Battlefield game will ever top Battlefield 3 alone for me.

The no health regen is one of the things I actually like, but I see the cryers getting their way and getting it put back in.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

The no health regen is one of the things I actually like, but I see the cryers getting their way and getting it put back in.

It's not quite "no health regen". You only regen up to a max of like 48 health. Basically, if you don't take more than 52 damage you'll never notice it at all.

Health regen also starts way faster than usual. Snipers are laughable because they only do like 55 damage at a time, and you can basically ignore them, because by the time they've reloaded and fired again you're already back to 90+ health

Oh and the medic can still heal itself, so people will just do that more if the limited regen bugs them.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Nope. I'm sticking with Battlefront 2 until Starlink: Battle for Atlas comes out, then I'll be going over to that.
  • Carl
    14 posts Member
    I've liked every Battlefield since Bad Company (my PC couldn't handle the franchise until Bad Company so I never experienced 2). So yes, I'll be playing BFV. I am actually happy that I can play a female, and have NEVER viewed Battlefield as being even remotely historical. The wars are just an excuse to have a setting for an FPS, nothing more, nothing less. If anyone is stupid enough to think a video game is "rewriting history" by including females and customization options (as if the franchise has not had fictional battlegrounds and premises in the past, even when based on real conflicts), well, I'm glad I don't hang out with people like that.

That said I don't limit myself to one game. So I'll still be playing Battlefront 2 and stuff in other genres alongside 5.
  • bfloo
    15842 posts Member
    Carl wrote: »
    I've liked every Battlefield since Bad Company (my PC couldn't handle the franchise until Bad Company so I never experienced 2). So yes, I'll be playing BFV. I am actually happy that I can play a female, and have NEVER viewed Battlefield as being even remotely historical. The wars are just an excuse to have a setting for an FPS, nothing more, nothing less. If anyone is **** enough to think a video game is "rewriting history" by including females and customization options (as if the franchise has not had fictional battlegrounds and premises in the past, even when based on real conflicts), well, I'm glad I don't hang out with people like that.

That said I don't limit myself to one game. So I'll still be playing Battlefront 2 and stuff in other genres alongside 5.

Some people want a simulation.

h846398gb27k.png

• Carl wrote: »
    I've liked every Battlefield since Bad Company (my PC couldn't handle the franchise until Bad Company so I never experienced 2). So yes, I'll be playing BFV. I am actually happy that I can play a female, and have NEVER viewed Battlefield as being even remotely historical. The wars are just an excuse to have a setting for an FPS, nothing more, nothing less. If anyone is **** enough to think a video game is "rewriting history" by including females and customization options (as if the franchise has not had fictional battlegrounds and premises in the past, even when based on real conflicts), well, I'm glad I don't hang out with people like that.

the complaints about women in vidya being ahistorical are mostly nonsensical gibberish, anyway.
    3cp5l7ddl5kz.png
    d7025c781mio.png
    ddqzxno8sf1x.png
    x29qsg6xi5k2.png
    fqdgou5g6u9v.png
    bd359j6fqs5b.png
    hgz8ak6mob8a.png
    nh7bgyzqujml.png
    kn4dqjzlcr3o.png
    ex023dcfxd9a.png

Not even really "feminist" thing. Millions of men went off and died. Sometimes they got replaced by women. Simple logic.

It was certainly lot more common in WW2 than red dot/holographic gunsights, laser guided cruise missiles, English speaking German generals, dudes painted like Kratos and wearing biker gang jackets or any number of other things we've seen in BFV that people aren't whining about.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    We ain't here to talk about sexism or any other social or political issues so let's keep that chatter off the forums, thanks.
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    First person gives me a headache, so no.

I understand this reference.

There was a reference there lol.

You don't know?

No

Someone once told Anarchy Ninja that playing in first person gives them a headache and he has mocked that comment ever since.

Ah, well it does. Tried it in bf1. Was getting motion sick.

Have had the same problem since overplaying the original Turok. Yes I am old. Red dead is 3rd person Right? Might try that one.

Indeed it is 3rd person. P.s. I remember playing OG turok too, we ain't that old man lol

You mean the one on N64? I've never played the 1st one, but the second on is a lot different but is fun and really hard compared to games today.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    We ain't here to talk about sexism or any other social or political issues so let's keep that chatter off the forums, thanks.

I love the word ain't, but my aunt keeps telling me to stop using it. Then I tell her, "We are from Texas, I am allowed to put a bit of a country style into the way I speak".
    But, in reference to the OP's question, I will be sticking with Battlefront, especially after the announcement today.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Anyone played the beta the past week? I've been on, and ,mostly liked it apart from all the annoying audio/UI bugs.

Will probably wait a week or so after release to make sure these were just "beta" issues and this isn't a glorified demo.

New mechanics like fortifications and attrition I find surprisingly fun. Like gunplay far more than anything since BF3. Lack of Dorito spotting (save for Recon's scope, the exclusivity of which actually gives them a point) for the first time in years is really nice in that it enables more movement around the map without taking fire from 4 flags over.

Don't like how useless the vehicles are. Planes are winged bricks that shoot marshmallows. Tanks would be alright if they didn't run out of ammo after 1 fight and Assaults weren't so prevalent (IMO the class with the best anti-vehicle gadgets should not also have the best guns, as then 50% of everyone just plays that).
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Anyone played the beta the past week? I've been on, and ,mostly liked it apart from all the annoying audio/UI bugs.

Will probably wait a week or so after release to make sure these were just "beta" issues and this isn't a glorified demo.

New mechanics like fortifications and attrition I find surprisingly fun. Like gunplay far more than anything since BF3. Lack of Dorito spotting (save for Recon's scope, the exclusivity of which actually gives them a point) for the first time in years is really nice in that it enables more movement around the map without taking fire from 4 flags over.

Don't like how useless the vehicles are. Planes are winged bricks that shoot marshmallows. Tanks would be alright if they didn't run out of ammo after 1 fight and Assaults weren't so prevalent (IMO the class with the best anti-vehicle gadgets should not also have the best guns, as then 50% of everyone just plays that).

Ive been playing it :) It seems fun! There are a few bugs (like when the respawn timer gets stuck on 9), but otherwise its actually fun for me (which I wasnt really expecting because I have a tendency to hate shooters)

I seem to be better than I was expecting also 0_o Nothing great, but Im at the top half of the leaderboard most of the time. A few best squads also. Not sure how...

I hope they extend the beta some more. I would really like to try things out a little longer :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Just wanted to comment on the bf5 beta. Imo it’s some of the best gunplay I’ve ever played in a bf game if not the best, being primary a cod guy I though this game felt as smooth or better. I will definitely be getting it and good job guys, again, loving the gunplay and movement.
  • I'm delaying my pre-order or ultimately me purchasing the game until a later date because of the beta. I love all the changes and the basic game itself has so much potential but it's in an extremely early state to where I'd call this Alpha, not a Beta. There are so many bugs and balance issues that a lot of people are worried it will even be ready by November. I really hope they have a 2nd beta right before launch to show the progress otherwise a lot of people are already scared off. Since I stopped playing Battlefront 2 all together now for months, until new content releases I probably still won't jump back into it. BFV was supposed to be my replacement shooter though.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Well I got the three DLC that released for Destiny 2 this weekend. I forgot how much I had with it before BF2. I suspect my fun will wear off soon after the campaign stuff is done though.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I'm delaying my pre-order or ultimately me purchasing the game until a later date because of the beta. I love all the changes and the basic game itself has so much potential but it's in an extremely early state to where I'd call this Alpha, not a Beta. There are so many bugs and balance issues that a lot of people are worried it will even be ready by November. I really hope they have a 2nd beta right before launch to show the progress otherwise a lot of people are already scared off. Since I stopped playing Battlefront 2 all together now for months, until new content releases I probably still won't jump back into it. BFV was supposed to be my replacement shooter though.

Man that’s what kinda has me a little skeptical. I’ll still get the game but I ran into a few bad bugs and trying to invite or join someone was a nightmare.
  • Sorry but battlefront 2 by ea is my last ea game. Sadly even if the two games that are to come out 2019 and 2021 I will not get either.

My faith in this company is over. I mean two broken unfinished star wars games? Nope not taking another chance on anything ea.
  • The beta was fun but I found myself getting distracted in a way I wasn't for the Battlefront Betas and the Battlefield 1 beta. It just felt like WW2 DLC for Battlefield 1 and I know there were some changes but it isn't substantively different enough. I keep going back to Battlefront 2 when I want to play a multiplayer shooter so I don't think it's worth investing in another. Besides I have a huge backlog in games, just finishing of AC Origins and then going back to Mad Max and the Witcher so I have some big games to finish. The free games on PS Plus have been great recently too. I think I'll wait until Battlefront 3 (assuming it's still happening).
  • Anonymous_Tom
    156 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Certainly won't be the pile of that is Battlefront II due to lack of new weapons. And, Battlefield V will fail.

DICE will get folded and I'll celebrate.

[Removed Vulgare Content]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on