criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How are blaster heroes able to do unlimited rolls?

Over the past couple of weeks I'm getting in HvV matches where players have seemingly unlimited rolls, mainly Han, Lando, Iden and Leia. This is ****. I play as blaster heroes quote abut and I can't do it, so why are others able to? Ps4 FWIW

Replies

• Midichlorian
    1403 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    That might be due to lag
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Spamming roll doesn't take any more skill than it does to spam saber strikes.

Don't assume everyone is a button masher. Also, my question wasn't rolling in general, but was how some blaster heroes can endlessly roll when most can't.
  • That might be due to lag

Lag would impact hit detection, frame drops, etc. I'm talking about players who can roll non-stop with no cooldown.
  • Either a glitch or it’s just seemingly infinite due to the very short (~2sec?) cooldown.
  • some people just have the timing down perfect... sometimes im on point and feel untouchable... its usually requires me to roll a split second earlier than i think i should as on their screen they are probably a split second closer to swinging at me than they appear to me.

everyone has unlimited rolls, but i get your meaning... the key is to get them to use two rolls in a short timeframe,

if they roll once... and put a lot of space between you, and you finally get near them and they roll... you may think theyre done but the first roll has been recharged already....

its hard with lag but the key vs good blaster players is to bait them into rolling and not extending you swings more than necessary as the extra swing in the wrong direction gives them them extra time and distance from you, most likely resetting both their rolls
  • The new roll mechanic has helped the light side a lot. Games seem less one sided now, which is good.
  • The new roll mechanic has helped the light side a lot. Games seem less one sided now, which is good.

a bit yea, vs two saber users there's really not much u can do vs the spam...

there will always be a balance difference in the survivability and escapability of force users vs blaster heroes... but thats inherit in choosing that class...
  • Over the past couple of weeks I'm getting in HvV matches where players have seemingly unlimited rolls, mainly Han, Lando, Iden and Leia. This is ****. I play as blaster heroes quote abut and I can't do it, so why are others able to? Ps4 FWIW

I've noticed that when blaster heroes jump their cooldowns reset. Could this be the problem?
  • It's a game.