criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Devs, Please Give us the Campaign Maps

The_Sith_Apprentice
1762 posts Member
edited August 2018
These are already created and would give us plenty of fresh new content without hopefully much effort from you.

Conquest: Vardos, Jakku (this is a no brainer; the campaign map was huge), Endor (combine campaign endor map with current GA map)

GA: Vardos, Endor (second map; if we can have two tatooine maps, why can’t we have two endors)

SA/HStar: Jakku (in atmosphere like in campaign)

HvV: Pilio, Sullust, Vardos

Extraction: Sullust

Strike/Blast: Sullust, Vardos, Pilio, Endor (platform with TIE Fighters)

PS. Only one new starfighter map because we already have Fondor and I would prefer a Naboo starfighter map to be around Episode 1 with N-1 Starfighters.
Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
“Season” 4: Rogue One
“Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
“Season” 6: Episode IX
Post edited by The_Sith_Apprentice on

Replies

• Yes. Also, for Strike.
  • Yes. Also, for Strike.

Thanks for the reminder.

• What do you all think of the updated post? I added a SA map and put in Strike/Blast maps.

• Yes...
    #StarWars-y
  • Step 1: Add Scarif and Sullust to Battlefront 2015
    Step 2: Add scarif and Sullust to Battlefront 2 2017 campaign only.
    Step 3: ?????
    Step 4: Profit
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Yes yes..

2g70k3.jpg
  • latest?cb=20171121084150

latest?cb=20180307184723

latest?cb=20180307190452

maxresdefault.jpg

DICE

Fulfill your Destiny, you must
  • We can't even get bug fixes in a timely manner and yall want more maps? Dont count on it. Or maybe 2015 maps but that's it.
  • We can't even get bug fixes in a timely manner and yall want more maps? Dont count on it. Or maybe 2015 maps but that's it.

The complaints of bug fixes are so exaggerated... I play the game just fine for the most part. Sure there are issues, but there are still new additions that would be welcome in the mean time. And they ARE working on more new maps if you noticed the roadmap.
  • Yes. Also, for Strike.

Thanks for the reminder.

Thank you! It should be easy to do the small game modes too.... why isn’t this a thing yet?

The complaints of bug fixes are so exaggerated... I play the game just fine for the most part. Sure there are issues, but there are still new additions that would be welcome in the mean time. And they ARE working on more new maps if you noticed the roadmap.

I didnt say they weren't welcome. I said how can you expect actual new content when several issues since launch remain here, drawing close to a year later. Palpatine was MIA for how long again?

I really dont care if you play the game fine for the most part, because some of us dont. I can hardly enjoy Vader because his choking decides to bug out whenever and I can't enjoy Luke because his abilities dont register 90% of the time. And that's just the tip of the iceberg for me.
  • SVEJ
    1151 posts Member
    DICE doesnt care. They arent even fixing the ping issue until like september, it's a shame to be honest, such a great disappointment.

I didnt say they weren't welcome. I said how can you expect actual new content when several issues since launch remain here, drawing close to a year later. Palpatine was MIA for how long again?

I really dont care if you play the game fine for the most part, because some of us dont. I can hardly enjoy Vader because his choking decides to bug out whenever and I can't enjoy Luke because his abilities dont register 90% of the time. And that's just the tip of the iceberg for me.
    Ok I see... to be fair, I don’t even play with heroes much so maybe I don’t notice/care.
  • I agree.
  • 399u7fhmqh1o.gif

We needs it!
  • But surely it would speed up making some maps from scratch .
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    You have to remember that a lot of the maps for the single player campaign were designed, and built to a linear experience.

They will not transition into the multiplayer landscape. Imagine taking away multiple routes, flanking routes for example.

Not saying it's not possible, but there is more to consider than just porting them over.

DICE Team could be adventurous and just throw out a map (with some modifications for multiplayer) like Vardos for GA and HvV and then gauge the community response and feedback. Test Results could be overwhelmingly positive and bring in new fans and old players back, at least people will have something 'new' to be excited and talk about (before the release of Clone Wars content) and they will be 'pleasantly surprised' and appreciate what DICE is tryng to do regardless of the outcome.
    You have to remember that a lot of the maps for the single player campaign were designed, and built to a linear experience.

They will not transition into the multiplayer landscape. Imagine taking away multiple routes, flanking routes for example.

Not saying it's not possible, but there is more to consider than just porting them over.

And if they are directly ported, people are complaining bad map design.

Good points, and thank you. I would like to suggest, for future reference, that when designing campaign mode maps for a primarily multiplayer game that the campaign maps be designed with this in mind so as to easily use them for multiplayer map content.
  • But most of the maps are linear in GA and strike.

You are born at one point and you need to go elsewhere.
    Several campaign maps have to do the same phases as (GA) Jakku, Kamino, Endor which are linear as well.

New maps for (GA) and other modes would be of great relevance.

The lack of new maps is well saturated and we have this option relatively fast.

Google translate.
  • If we look at Vardos for exemple, the map is about 50m wide at many places. That's far away from usual linear maps such as Hoth, Kamino, Yavin which are probably 200m wide or more about every where... In addition, as explained above, there are just a few ways to turn around an hevily defended place, which would be an issue in multiplayers if one team has a few over skilled players. That's the issue with campaign maps. However this might fit with an extraction mode.
  • hilapff wrote: »
    If we look at Vardos for exemple, the map is about 50m wide at many places. That's far away from usual linear maps such as Hoth, Kamino, Yavin which are probably 200m wide or more about every where... In addition, as explained above, there are just a few ways to turn around an hevily defended place, which would be an issue in multiplayers if one team has a few over skilled players. That's the issue with campaign maps. However this might fit with an extraction mode.

A lot of people have been calling out for more Extraction maps.
  • Well, for sure some maps would need slightly reworks to work as MP maps (especially maps for GA), but I guess it would still be easier than creating complete new maps or even port over maps from BF2015. I think most maps would work at least for small modes like blast or hero modes without large alterations.
  • But surely it would speed up making some maps from scratch .

Exactly... the graphics and map are created (at least partially).... especially for something small like HVV or Strike or Extaction. Obviously it isn’t the same exact linear gameplay but I imagine that could be reworked easier than starting from scratch. Maybe it’s not worth their time?
  • F8RGE
    444 posts EA Community Manager
    Several campaign maps have to do the same phases as (GA) Jakku, Kamino, Endor which are linear as well.

Yes, but in GA there are also multiple routes to go the way you need to go.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »

What about smaller modes?
    Hvv, blast?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I'm not so sure if the campaign maps would work for GA, but I think they'd be great for blast, hvv and hs (and maybe strike and extraction)

At this point, does this really matter though, as contrasted with the stifling inability to release new maps for this game?
  • chewielovesu
    673 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    quenaelin wrote: »

And if they are directly ported, people are complaining bad map design.

tbh i'd rather hear complaints about bad map designs vs No New/Lack of Maps Complaints

:D
  • BlitzRunner29
    167 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond in this thread.

Since it's not conducive for the campaign map, is there any chance of a Scarif map from the previous game being added, like how Bespin and Jabba's Palace were added? Not counting the Death Star (since Death Star II is in this game), Scarif is currently the only planet with multiplayer ground maps in the EA Battlefront universe that doesn't have either a missions/skirmish map from the previous game, or an arcade map in this game. I would love to be able to play on Scarif whenever I want, but the only options currently are 1) hope there are enough players in the DLC playlist in the previous game, or 2) play for like a minute or two in the campaign.
    tumblr_ok3vbxE5Vm1w3bauvo1_540.gif
  • Just don’t see it happening until after all the clone wars content they plan to release is out. That’s sometime next spring but they should be doing an Episode 9 dlc as well.
  • Versatti
    1796 posts Member

At this point, does this really matter though, as contrasted with the stifling inability to release new maps for this game?

Exactly.

When porting these maps over there’s probably going to be faction imbalance, there definitely will be choke points that will annoy people and there sure as hell will be glitches, bugs and all manner of things that people will exploit.... Ultimately though, we’re already used to all of that so I’m not sure it’d be such a big deal.

Good point, but shiesty lawyers can make good points too. Just saying, be an American and not an American't.....but I digress, Battlefront doesn't have a full development staff so things are quiet a bit harder and require good excuses... reason for why things aren't be done in a timely manner.
  • Vardos drom Resurrection seems very viable. ST needs more maps, anyways. Why not in conquest or GA?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • The complaints of bug fixes are so exaggerated...

That's a fine opinion and here's mine: there is a bug that has prevented many players from playing for over 1.5 months (including myself). There are bugs to nearly every aspect of this game: inexplainable stunning, firing through walls, getting stuck in environmental objects, losing the ability to run, black screen on exit, troopers appearing without customization or with the wrong customization, etc etc. There are a ton of bugs with this game. Yes, you can still play it but that doesn't mean it couldn't be much much better.
  • Hmmm interesting point. But another idea is adding Jedi and Inquisitor reinforcements, I think I saw a post about it recently.
  • I think one thing DICE devs need to realize is that at this point their playerbase will take literally anything over nothing.

And get out of the habit of thinking we always need a route to follow. Just give us big open realistic maps and bases to capture and let us decide what we do and how we go about doing it.

Could literally put us in the forests of naboo, with nothing but trees hills and a river with bases hidden around and that would be amazing.

(Think naboo in the original battlefront 1)

#StarWars-y
  • Unfortunately Dice/EA want to control their gamer bases habbits and how they play their games. I've noticed they don't like it when gamers find a game playing avenue that the devs didn't forsee. Which is completely opposite from the mentality of original game devs. Remember forums back in the day before hot fixes and patches, when gamers could explore the entirety of game mechanics see if there was anything to exploit or add to a game playing experience

It should of been worked on in the beginning. Everyone could foreseen in the force that after the campaign was beat gamers would want to play the maps online and offline. SMH wasted potential for money again.

Still ideals from fans of the game and we will come and bring family and friends of friends of family.

Customers demand you are the only ones giving so you could make a killing in pure profit if just to listen to the fans.

Funny how over about 66% want the maps and a order 66 mode. With that alone 89% of the people who have left would be playing this game. And bring more with them. And many would buy the game just for conquest order 66 and maps and a few skins. Wow all that money just tossed away like that. Shame.
  • BradCafe
    128 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Almost all of the campaign maps would be perfect for Extraction given their linear progression design. Each of them also has a variety of spots that could be cropped to be Heroes VS Villains stages as well. I especially want a HvV match on top of the Star Destroyer on Jakku at the end of the campaign.

P.S. Honestly there should be more HvV stages made from the existing multiplayer levels as well. Loads of interesting areas in the large GA maps that could be used. Would love a HvV map around the wampa caves on Hoth for example. Naboo city or the palace would also be great.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • I agree but if you can not change everything because the map is too linear for big modes, can you incorporate them in small modes such as HvV extraction or skirmish? it would be well extraction on pilio; leave the Emperor's room to take his cargo to the surface and fight in skirmish on the pilio beaches. Same for vardos, I think that these 2 cards have great potential and deserve to be brought into the game. You can easily bring 2 map / planet.

OK, but please transmit to developers/bosses that the players need much more content soon.
    We don't want to wait new contents until Geonosis be launched neither Geonosis is the solution.
    More GA maps, more weapons, more types of reinforcement...
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • bfloo
    14044 posts Member
    GrayOne wrote: »
    Hmmm interesting point. But another idea is adding Jedi and Inquisitor reinforcements, I think I saw a post about it recently.

Mickey ruined the Inquisitors :'(

I hope we never need to suffer their incompetence again.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

This wouldn't be a problem in HvV, would it?