criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Yoda

Yoda's push needs more versatility...now it only pushes in a horizontal plain. It needs to be able to push down and up stairs, needs to be able to push upwards at a flying or jumping opponents. His dash needs to move him out of melee attack range, for more versatility in saber combat, since he has no melee block, ie mauls dash. His jump height should be increased as well (up there how Yoda get?)

Replies

• Raices
    1037 posts Member
    Lightside saber heroes underpowered? Working as intended.
  • Raices wrote: »

Excuse me? I don’t think I understand your point
  • Raices
    1037 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »

I was being sarcastic
  • Raices wrote: »

I was being sarcastic

Oh right. Tbh I Think most sabre heroes are fine. I just have a massive problem with yodas lack of significance in the game.
  • Raices
    1037 posts Member

I was being sarcastic

Oh right. Tbh I Think most sabre heroes are fine. I just have a massive problem with yodas lack of significance in the game.

I hate that he get wrecked by any force user in this game, he SHOULD be the one doing the wrecking against them. The devs use cannon in some characters(bossk regeneration) but negglect it in others.
  • His dash is fine. His saber damage is good, especially with the card buff against villains. Yoda is fine.
  • VaperEyes
    588 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Techkiddz wrote: »
    His dash is fine. His saber damage is good, especially with the card buff against villains. Yoda is fine.

are we talking about the same Yoda that chopped a troopers' head off in half a second (Revenge of the Sith); the same Yoda that spoon fed Dooku in 15 different directions??? OP is right - Yoda is a crippled (3-legged dog in this game)
    not mad at you Techkiddz - just want to support a little more balance to handle the lightning strikes
  • ryanjk
    472 posts Member
    Yoda's jump needs buffed, he needs to be able to use push while midair. He basically sucks but he's still my favorite.
  • I wish he could actually block a lighsaber though. That part missing is kind of mental to me.
  • Techkiddz
    649 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    His dash is fine. His saber damage is good, especially with the card buff against villains. Yoda is fine.

are we talking about the same Yoda that chopped a troopers' head off in half a second (Revenge of the Sith); the same Yoda that spoon fed Dooku in 15 different directions??? OP is right - Yoda is a crippled (3-legged dog in this game)
    not mad at you Techkiddz - just want to support a little more balance to handle the lightning strikes

you cant compare the actions meant for cinematic purposes to the actions meant for fun but balanced gameplay.
  • Techkiddz wrote: »

you cant compare the actions meant for cinematic purposes to the actions meant for fun but balanced gameplay.

You can in this game which is for Star Wars fans as well as gaming fans ...we want both. If you want a first person shooter there are tons of options.

We expect the characters in this to mirror the cinematic versions ... that’s the point.
  • Techkiddz
    649 posts Member
    edited August 2018

You can in this game which is for Star Wars fans as well as gaming fans ...we want both. If you want a first person shooter there are tons of options.

We expect the characters in this to mirror the cinematic versions ... that’s the point.

I have and own plenty of options. I want to talk about Battlefront, if you aren't open to discussion then leave this forum.

You want the game to be like the cinematic versions, then fine. Let's have all gun heroes be one shot to saber heroes, all force abilities are OP, you can only be Kylo or Phasma on sequel maps.

Bad argument aside let's actually focus on Yoda.

In the hands of someone using him correctly, he can keep the team alive significantly well. Not only that, but with mastery of the dodge mechanic and taking advantage of his smaller hitbox, he can be near impossible to shoot down. Plus if you are against more accurate enemies, that's where unleash comes in.

The force abilities in general are lacking in hit registration due to elevation, DICE is already working on that. You can boost his force push damage and range in multiple ways with cards.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • We need a young Yoda skin.
  • someone kill me now
  • We need a young Yoda skin.

jd0cfea0fgow.gif
  • Buffing Yoda would be bad for balance in GA. An exception might be to increase the bonus damage on his 'opposing the dark side' card. That wouldn't cause issues in GA but would help in HvV
  • Yoda's force push should be usable on allies. But instead of damaging them. It gives them extra temporary health. Needs to stack with presence, to be fair.
  • Moojammin_10
    1416 posts Member
    edited August 2018

I have and own plenty of options. I want to talk about Battlefront, if you aren't open to discussion then leave this forum.

You want the game to be like the cinematic versions, then fine. Let's have all gun heroes be one shot to saber heroes, all force abilities are OP, you can only be Kylo or Phasma on sequel maps.
    Bad argument aside let's actually focus on Yoda.

In the hands of someone using him correctly, he can keep the team alive significantly well. Not only that, but with mastery of the dodge mechanic and taking advantage of his smaller hitbox, he can be near impossible to shoot down. Plus if you are against more accurate enemies, that's where unleash comes in.

The force abilities in general are lacking in hit registration due to elevation, DICE is already working on that. You can boost his force push damage and range in multiple ways with cards.

Apologies I thought I was discussing openly. Sorry if I offended you.

Personally wouldn’t be averse to one shot stuff.

Totally agree with yodas playing style though. It is all about buffing your team mates and being hard to hit.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Just want to see his push ability usable in multiple plains of direction, and it would be nice to be able to do it while jumping. Additional I would like to see his jump hight increased, but that's it. I'm fine with the way Yoda is set up as a support. And I've learned more efficient ways of using him in 1 v 1 hero situation.
  • Yoda does seem better, but I would still like him to be able to jump as high as the other force users. On naboo hanger he can't jump to the second level catwalk and similar such hights in other maps.
  • ryanjk
    472 posts Member
    Needs more jump height. Still.