criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Sid's dark aura

So no Jedi hero's can jump out of dark aura, how the F are you supposed to avoid op Sid. Not mention his dang abilities turn the screen into a hot mess and you can't see ****. I think you guys can calm it down a bit on the small visual details and focus on game play.

Replies

• Thats really his only defense though. And his 20 ft vertical.
  • Ah I guess, not a palp user so no didn't realize, bit now I do, thanks.
  • He's completely defenseless against gunners, if that helps. Aim for the head, he can be dropped pretty quick.
  • You can dodge out of it. It's a brilliant way to hunt down cowards who run away at the first sign of hostiles too. And it's also the most wonderful ability ever when dealing with Rey, who has no gapcloser.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    You can dodge out of it. It's a brilliant way to hunt down cowards who run away at the first sign of hostiles too. And it's also the most wonderful ability ever when dealing with Rey, who has no gapcloser.

Actually you can't dodge out of it, and Sid has the best dodge so it wouldn't help even if you could... What's Reys left ability....oh right a gap closer. Try using on your mouth, lol. Finding you're absolutely correct about everything you just said, said Luke never.
  • Dashing Strike isn't a gap closer. Dashing strike is an easily avoidable joke, only used to rack up spawnkills in GA. Getting hit by that in HvV means you simply have no idea what you're doing. "This is Rey. The only attack move she has in her arsenal besides R2R2R2R2? hurr durr idk gonna stand here like a fool."

You can. Hold the left directional pad in any direction + Press Circle. Congratulations. You've just "Dodged" while under the influence of Dark Aura.

A gap closer, as far as I'm concerned, is an executed ability that rushes you forward. AKA, the stuff only Luke, Yoda and Maul get.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Dashing Strike isn't a gap closer. Dashing strike is an easily avoidable joke, only used to rack up spawnkills in GA. Getting hit by that in HvV means you simply have no idea what you're doing. "This is Rey. The only attack move she has in her arsenal besides R2R2R2R2? hurr durr idk gonna stand here like a fool."

You can. Hold the left directional pad in any direction + Press Circle. Congratulations. You've just "Dodged" while under the influence of Dark Aura.

A gap closer, as far as I'm concerned, is an executed ability that rushes you forward. AKA, the stuff only Luke, Yoda and Maul get.

Well it's not a great gap closer by any means but it is used that way and it is definitely used for escapes, and if you use the left stick it is mildly controllable, will the ablity the stop it on a done with an attack. Either way astute analysis.