criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Darth Maul needs nerfing in HvV!

Darth Maul is really becoming an absolute problem with the rules of HvV the way they are now. My current issue with Darth Maul that really makes him way more powerful compared to Luke, Rey, & Yoda is his super fast swing. For some reason, Darth Maul has no stamina bar which allows him to swing to his heart's content making it nearly impossible to escape his fury, especially while playing as a blaster hero. I mean a blaster hero's goal is to keep their distance as much as possible to gain the advantage, but that doesn't matter as all Maul requires is multiple spin attacks to confuse the hero and just wail on him giving the blaster hero little to no time to blast back at him. The blaster hero can finish him if he's low on health, but most of the time that's not the case.

Another huge issue is how abusive cowardly players use him. Because Maul is incredibly difficult to catch with his superior speed, it just makes attacking Maul as the target become a "cat and mouse" game, which becomes incredibly boring showing just how bad the player is to be brave enough to fight and not become too reckless enough to ruin things for the team. As a result, the Dark Side heroes relentlessly pursue their target until they eventually take him out while Maul just runs away in fear.

Regarding attack, Maul may need stamina to keep him from wailing on heroes forever. Maul having no block becomes a complete non issue if he has unlimited stamina. There needs to be more of a weakness there in hero modes. In Hero showdown he's more balanced as the mode is far less chaotic and can be dealt with one on one. It's just that the rules of HvV right now makes Maul a pain to deal with as his tremendous speed and unlimited stamina makes him OP in that mode. I wish I can say Luke is the Light Side's Maul in a way, but his rush is not as fast as Maul's, Luke can't swing as quickly as Maul, and has stamina unlike Maul.

Replies

• Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Nope. Maul is fine.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• The ‘Maul‘ you met was maybe an exceptional player.
  • bfloo
    14408 posts Member
    Nope, there is a thread higher on the page saying he needs a buff B)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• If you were to watch my video on youtube it will say otherwise. He only attacks back if he's not the target.
    The ‘Maul‘ you met was maybe an exceptional player.

• bfloo
    14408 posts Member
    If you were to watch my video on youtube it will say otherwise. He only attacks back if he's not the target.
    The ‘Maul‘ you met was maybe an exceptional player.

That is a poor player. The real terms I would use are all blocked by forum censors.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Lol, I have to disagree. Darth Maul feels like one of the only Heroes that actually is balanced. He has no saber block, so he relies purely on offense and speed.

The problem with HvV is the target system, which promotes running, camping, and exploiting speed and vertical positioning (especially for Boba Fett and most saber users).
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    Lol, I have to disagree. Darth Maul feels like one of the only Heroes that actually is balanced. He has no saber block, so he relies purely on offense and speed.

The problem with HvV is the target system, which promotes running, camping, and exploiting speed and vertical positioning (especially for Boba Fett and most saber users).

I was just about the post this comment myself. The real problem isn't speed based characters like Maul and Boba Fett, it is the dumb target system. Basically, winning isn't about which team plays the best, it's about which team has the expert cluck clucks.
  • Yeah and I agree with what you said. Maul is just fine in GA and HS. As I mentioned with the rules of HvV right now, he's become a nuisance in the hands of a cowardly player.
    JediJulius wrote: »
    Lol, I have to disagree. Darth Maul feels like one of the only Heroes that actually is balanced. He has no saber block, so he relies purely on offense and speed.