criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What's it like being a low level dev

GrayOne
231 posts Member
edited August 2018
So I imagine its like this....dice cleaned house after the pour opening sale numbers, the major crate fiasco, and following lack of content nonsense. Then left a small, I mean small, handful of developers a couple original devs and a new project manager. Now this skeleton crew has a giant problem to fix and no people to get it done. Question is, how do the day to day guys do it? You have this mount Vesuvius of tasks to accomplish, everyone is asking for more, additional problems keep arising, and no additional revenue content ideas for some employee to get an atta boy for. How do you guys do it? Are you even getting paid anymore or is like they own you in a contract?

Replies

• hsf_
    1319 posts Member
    GrayOne wrote: »
    So I imagine its like this....dice cleaned house after the pour opening sale numbers, the major crate fiasco, and following lack of content nonsense. Then left a small, I mean small, handful of developers a couple original devs and a new project manager. Now this skeleton crew has a giant problem to fix and no people to get it done. Question is, how do the day to day guys do it? You have this mount Vesuvius of tasks to accomplish, everyone is asking for more, additional problems keep arising, and no additional revenue content ideas for some employee to get an atta boy for. How do you guys do it? Are you even getting paid anymore or is like they own you in a contract?

Developers are contracted for the developement cycle of a game. Battlefront 2's development cycle hasn't finished yet, but will likely end this year.
  • EA_Cian
    1138 posts EA Moderator
    Closing this thread before we go any further down a slippery slope. These forums aren't the place to be discussing if devs are earning money, what their contracts entail and so on and so forth.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!