criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So, the leaked hero BP change

2Next

Replies

  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I think they are trying to get the player base to leave this game.

    They really are trying it seems.

    The thoughtlessness behind this decision is immeasurable.

    the obvious next move is to make Wookiees 1000 BP in order to "balance" them against the new hero cost

    Enforcements are getting a reduction in BP cost, it’s not just hero’s.

    8nqijwaumo72.png
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I think they are trying to get the player base to leave this game.

    They really are trying it seems.

    The thoughtlessness behind this decision is immeasurable.

    the obvious next move is to make Wookiees 1000 BP in order to "balance" them against the new hero cost

    At this point it wouldn't **** surprise me, I am convinced DICE has some sort of fetish towards wookiee warriors. These damn things have been ruining this mode since day one and little to nothing has been done about them. GA has a mountain of issues yet they are deciding to change the BP for absolutely no reason and basically make playing as one of the most broken units in the game easier to get.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Skill gap widens, will be sub 1 minute heroes with these changes. All for it

    Yep, some will never get it.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2628 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    holy mother of our Emperor I was just joking how is this real life?
    LazyHorribleKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

    I'm legit triggered right nao. Moar Wookiee spam. That's just ****' great
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • holy mother of our Emperor I was just joking how is this real life?
    LazyHorribleKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

    I'm legit triggered right nao. Moar Wookiee spam. That's just ****' great

    I'm legit quitting GA if the WW doesn't get a significant nerf.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I think this is great news. It will be fun playing a hero in earliar parts of the map in first stages that go to quick to normally use a hero
  • I'll just spam wookiees
    Have a couple of my teammates that play officer and they can recharge command me
    Then I will spam wookiee grenades at the start of the rounds with overload. Lol
  • Yanks28th wrote: »
    I think this is great news. It will be fun playing a hero in earliar parts of the map in first stages that go to quick to normally use a hero

    I disagree. I was on Starkiller base last night. Just five seconds into the match, I saw the death log say "(player) is no more." There were several names at once. I was confused, so I had a closer look. It was several officers who used their battle commands at once, then respawned because they wanted to run us over with the vehicles from the start. My point is that people will find a way to exploit this, and considering that the 2x multiplier never worked anyways, the result WILL be hero, reinforcement and vehicle spam unlike anything you have ever seen before.

    I can see it now: Community transmission for September:
    "We messed up, guys. We wil be restoring BP values to their original state." (no comment on officer bp spam, though.)
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Stealth mode- GA is actually HvV GA.
    Please provide a large mode without HvV.
    Troopers, reinforcements, vehicles and star fighters done.
  • Stealth mode- GA is actually HvV GA.
    Please provide a large mode without HvV.
    Troopers, reinforcements, vehicles and star fighters done.

    I would like that.
  • Yanks28th wrote: »
    I think this is great news. It will be fun playing a hero in earliar parts of the map in first stages that go to quick to normally use a hero

    I disagree. I was on Starkiller base last night. Just five seconds into the match, I saw the death log say "(player) is no more." There were several names at once. I was confused, so I had a closer look. It was several officers who used their battle commands at once, then respawned because they wanted to run us over with the vehicles from the start. My point is that people will find a way to exploit this, and considering that the 2x multiplier never worked anyways, the result WILL be hero, reinforcement and vehicle spam unlike anything you have ever seen before.

    I can see it now: Community transmission for September:
    "We messed up, guys. We wil be restoring BP values to their original state." (no comment on officer bp spam, though.)

    I do that myself some times, but I agree it's a broken mechanic. I'd be in favor of officers not getting bp for healing troopers for the first ten seconds of a match.

    This change is not without its negatives, but it really is great for players who like heroes.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    holy mother of our Emperor I was just joking how is this real life?
    LazyHorribleKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

    I'm legit triggered right nao. Moar Wookiee spam. That's just ****' great

    I'm legit quitting GA if the WW doesn't get a significant nerf.

    1500 BP wookiees is going to be turbo cancer terminal stage not seen since the days of the Jumpcaster.

    It's negligible, but just to add insult to injury they also made speeder bikes/LIUV's even cheaper.

    I can't even
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • again terrible decision (if true).. anyone thinking that they're suddenly going to get heroes easier has obviously not being paying attention. All it will mean is that the better players get heroes quicker and (if) they die they have another one instantly. Poor players will be at the bottom of a longer queue. it is the continual dumbing down of these mechanics to try and appease a falling player base that will ultimately kill it off... anyone remember star wars galaxies after they allowed anyone to be a jedi?

  • Morgancarr wrote: »
    again terrible decision (if true).. anyone thinking that they're suddenly going to get heroes easier has obviously not being paying attention. All it will mean is that the better players get heroes quicker and (if) they die they have another one instantly. Poor players will be at the bottom of a longer queue. it is the continual dumbing down of these mechanics to try and appease a falling player base that will ultimately kill it off... anyone remember star wars galaxies after they allowed anyone to be a jedi?
    @Morgancarr
    Reeeeeeeeee! I do remember how they killed Star Wars Galaxies. That was my big game back in the day. It all started with the infamous "combat upgrade," which gutted much of the core elements and mechanics of the game. Back then, I loved playing as a blaster character, but I still respected Jedi because they were rare. Then came what I believe was called NGE. They turned the game into a WoW clone and you could start as a jedi. It was terrible. The game totally lost it's soul. I can remember participating in an in-game protest to stop that, lol. Little good it did us.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • i loved this game until all the changes. I was one of the first jedi (Amun Shu) on some server name (cant recall but i lived in the uk at the time). at the time me and a few jedi had to sneak around and train (level up but there was perma death) as you'd get hunted (proper bounty hunter contracts) or have a million people come up to you and ask (as it said novice jedi above your head). it was a serious progression path to be a jedi. i think you had to master like 6 different professions, but in order to know which professions (may have been 30) you needed to get holocrons to tell you the next one.

    even the mechanic where krayt pearls gave your lightsaber differnet colours was fantastic (imo) as these weren't easy to come by.

    oh.. back in the day.




  • Morgancarr wrote: »
    i loved this game until all the changes. I was one of the first jedi (Amun Shu) on some server name (cant recall but i lived in the uk at the time). at the time me and a few jedi had to sneak around and train (level up but there was perma death) as you'd get hunted (proper bounty hunter contracts) or have a million people come up to you and ask (as it said novice jedi above your head). it was a serious progression path to be a jedi. i think you had to master like 6 different professions, but in order to know which professions (may have been 30) you needed to get holocrons to tell you the next one.

    even the mechanic where krayt pearls gave your lightsaber differnet colours was fantastic (imo) as these weren't easy to come by.

    oh.. back in the day.




    There was a time when I was a simple cook and a dancer. Back when they were brave enough to make a game like that.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • I personally think this is a bad change, partly because I don't recall players getting heroes any faster than now, back when the 2x multiplier was active.

    If EA wants to avoid further discouraging new players from sticking with this game, they should be making it harder for players to get heroes and special units, and not easier. It must feel terrible to be mowed down over and over in phase 1, or steamrolled in 5 mins by the attacking team.

    Either that or remove health on kill cards for heroes, so that they can't be spammed or hogged for the entire match.
  • Yeah i was a dancer too as part of the progression. always recall one guy who was always out in the wilds in different places in a camp (was a skill), you'd see him all the time (rori was my home planet). his sole experience was effectively chatting with adventurers as they healed up their wounds.

    so when people talk about immersive games. this to me was the most immersive game i have come across. you could literally be a hobo if you wanted and sit on the street begging. Completely ruined by dumbing it down, which takes me back to the warning about this game.

    you may as well take it a step further and make it all heroes and have 5 emperors with different clothes. morgan selects red emperor (gauntlet 2).. showing my age.

  • Morgancarr wrote: »
    Yeah i was a dancer too as part of the progression. always recall one guy who was always out in the wilds in different places in a camp (was a skill), you'd see him all the time (rori was my home planet). his sole experience was effectively chatting with adventurers as they healed up their wounds.

    so when people talk about immersive games. this to me was the most immersive game i have come across. you could literally be a hobo if you wanted and sit on the street begging. Completely ruined by dumbing it down, which takes me back to the warning about this game.

    you may as well take it a step further and make it all heroes and have 5 emperors with different clothes. morgan selects red emperor (gauntlet 2).. showing my age.

    I'm pretty old too, lol. But yeah, people want to talk about immersion. Galaxies was a REAL immersive Star Wars game. I hold this game to no such standards. There is just nothing like doing a surprise raid on an imperial base loaded with real players. There was a time when I ran a resource gathering business. A whole new life within a game. Do you remember the Chinese credit farmers? So many memories. But I better shut up before I become a member berry. lol
    e7e60vu3ga21.jpg
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Let them come. Heroes tagged by Stinger Pistols are worth quite a few BP per shot. And nothing is more satisfying than slaying the clueless ones, imaginging that a Lightsaber makes you some manner of god.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!