criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove troopers from GA proposal

Prev1
rollind24
4701 posts Member
edited December 6
If the cost of upgrade units are reduced I am proposing we skip the song and dance and just remove troopers from GA and everyone starts out as an Enforcer/Aerial/Hero/Villain. Then move the mode to the Hero’s section of the game.

12/6/18 edit/ added hero/villain as unit to start with
#infantrylivesmatter
Post edited by rollind24 on

Replies

• remove all troops. Vehicles only.
  • duvelsuper wrote: »
    remove all troops. Vehicles only.

Or that. We would need four options to choose from. Enforcer, Aerial, Speeder Bike and what else?
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Might as well.... let’s also add a soccer ball and goals to this game to make it SW: Rocket League....

and race track with speeder bikes
  • Versatti wrote: »
    duvelsuper wrote: »
    Might as well.... let’s also add a soccer ball and goals to this game to make it SW: Rocket League....

Is it wrong that I like the sound of that? :#

No not at all.
  • bfloo
    12458 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    duvelsuper wrote: »

Is it wrong that I like the sound of that? :#

It sounds more fun than GA is now :)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Clone201
    3185 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    It's gonna feel like it when the patch comes out, 4 heroes and 5 cheese warriors were already extremely common and they are just reducing the BP cost for them.

I agree with this.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • why not Elliot with his bike and E.T. :D :D :D
  • bfloo
    12458 posts Member
    Speedjack wrote: »
    why not Elliot with his bike and E.T. :D :D :D

They are still phoning home
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I like this idea, but all weapons are replaced with the DC-15LE from February
    q5hmmoxh8oie.jpg
    That would be epic

rocket launchers only..... troopers with lightsabers only.
    I like this idea, but all weapons are replaced with the DC-15LE from February
    q5hmmoxh8oie.jpg
    That would be epic

rocket launchers only..... troopers with lightsabers only.

No troopers. I would like to just skip that step.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I like this idea, but all weapons are replaced with the DC-15LE from February
    q5hmmoxh8oie.jpg
    That would be epic

• Might as well make Jetpack Ewok Hunt while they’re at it
  • No....... no
  • remove the timer on their cooldowns as well.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • #DicePlz
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Wait! Who is going to spam the flash grenade?? Leia's certainly isn't strong enough.
  • Wait! Who is going to spam the flash grenade?? Leia's certainly isn't strong enough.

Upon every death 50 flash grenades will drop.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.

Phew! I thought we would have to buff the WW for a second.
  • Why not give it a chance. It isn't as though heroes didn't dominate the battlefront before. What makes this any different? People will be able to get them faster, I don't see that as a bad thing right now, but that may be because I haven't seen what the changes will do. We don't know, so just be patient.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited August 22
    Wait! Who is going to spam the flash grenade?? Leia's certainly isn't strong enough.

With the ability to spawn as a Deathtrooper instead of an officer this should be covered. I would be open to making all Enforcers available in all eras for proper diversity to choose from. We would just need some more light side enforcers.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Wait! Who is going to spam the flash grenade?? Leia's certainly isn't strong enough.

With the ability to spawn as a Deathtrooper instead of an officer this should be covered. I would be open to making all Enforcers available in all eras for proper diversity to choose from. We would just need some more light side enforcers.

I agree. I've been campaigning for Super Battle Droids to have the ability to roll for I don't know how long. It would just be hilarious to watch!
  • What's the problem with the BP reduction? Since they are removing the 2x bonus it will be more or less the same as when the 2x was working propertly.

Also, random Porg swarming every time a WW or Chewbacca do an emote
  • Victor94 wrote: »
    What's the problem with the BP reduction? Since they are removing the 2x bonus it will be more or less the same as when the 2x was working propertly.

Most players generally don’t benefit from the x2 for very long anyways. Reducing the points for all upgrade units is only going to get the upgrade units on the field quicker. I say we just skip right to it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
    If the cost of upgrade units are reduced I am proposing we skip the song and dance and just remove troopers from GA and everyone starts out as an Enforcer or Aerial. Then move the mode to the Hero’s section of the game.
    Might as well.

Chewbacca should have an emote where he pulls a porg out of his satchel, sets up a rotisserie cooking station, and starts cooking dinner. It would be worth 6000 BP's just to pull off this emote once before death (not like he has any survivability in Galactic Assault anyway).

Chewbacca should have an emote where he pulls a porg out of his satchel, sets up a rotisserie cooking station, and starts cooking dinner. It would be worth 6000 BP's just to pull off this emote once before death (not like he has any survivability in Galactic Assault anyway).

Ok, now this is epic

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Why not give it a chance. It isn't as though heroes didn't dominate the battlefront before. What makes this any different? People will be able to get them faster, I don't see that as a bad thing right now, but that may be because I haven't seen what the changes will do. We don't know, so just be patient.

No thanks; the system was bad enough beforehand. These changes will only make matters worse.

Hahahaha. Yes... it could be a team health buff too... stop in his BBQ zone for a health boost and herb roasted porg.

Might as well... they want to keep this game casual

Hahahaha. Yes... it could be a team health buff too... stop in his BBQ zone for a health boost and herb roasted porg.

Might as well... they want to keep this game casual

Omg, yes! I'm all in on that. Only problem is if you give an emote a special ability, and unlock emotes to be purchaseable with crystals, then EA is looking at another Pay to Win crisis. Unfortunately, this is our World now. Maybe we can make it a Star Card?

I like your premise of specialized emotes costing BPs but the BPs can’t cost more than the hero itself.
    #infantrylivesmatter

I like your premise of specialized emotes costing BPs but the BPs can’t cost more than the hero itself.

Ah, I apologize for any confusion. I was referring to the fact that Chewbacca currently costs 6000 BP's, but the emote would likely have such a long animation that it's highly unlikely Chewbacca survives until the end. To me, it would still be worth the cost to play Chewbacca if for nothing other than to execute this emote successfully after destroying an opponent with Furious Bowcast.

I like your interpretation of it too. I'll save up and spend 10k BP's on Chewbacca if I can roasts up some BBQ porg.
    Victor94 wrote: »
    What's the problem with the BP reduction? Since they are removing the 2x bonus it will be more or less the same as when the 2x was working propertly.

Most players generally don’t benefit from the x2 for very long anyways. Reducing the points for all upgrade units is only going to get the upgrade units on the field quicker. I say we just skip right to it.

I don't think that's going to happen since top players are going to still get the hero when they reach 3750 points (with 2x they could get it at 3000 more or less), mid table players that relied on the boost of the 2x will have to earn more points, and bottom players will have to earn 4500 points instead of 6000 (assuming they couldn't even get any benifit from the 2x).

On almost every map there is a phase where keeping the 2x to get a lot of points is fairly easy (mostly planting bombs or at-at/mtt phases). If anything, the ones that are going to get their reinforcement faster are the worst players which would probably die in seconds and would have to farm again their points.

So unless you're comparing it with the current build (2x bugged), there shouldn't be any big difference. The only problem I see is that the gap between the top tier players and the rest will be wider.
  • I spent too much time grinding in GA to get my troopers up to high levels to just wash them away. I don't want them to go away. At least not until I have the chance to blow a few heads off with NG-242 gun, which I am 170 kills from getting.
  • Goomas wrote: »
    I spent too much time grinding in GA to get my troopers up to high levels to just wash them away. I don't want them to go away. At least not until I have the chance to blow a few heads off with NG-242 gun, which I am 170 kills from getting.

So selfish, you are.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    We have no plans to do this.

Thank goodness! I still need to work on my Veteran Assault milestone!
  • Add more ships slots. And add a respawn timer to them AI ships!!!! Stop the insta spawn.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1269 posts Member
    edited August 22
    F8RGE wrote: »

Are you referring to the Chewbacca porg BBQ health buff, Jetpack Ewok Hunt, or starting out as reinforcements only, or vehicle rocket league? :sunglasses:
    If the cost of upgrade units are reduced I am proposing we skip the song and dance and just remove troopers from GA and everyone starts out as an Enforcer or Aerial. Then move the mode to the Hero’s section of the game.

f9kikdanuq8u.gif
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

f9kikdanuq8u.gif

There is nothing more to tell here.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Thank you for confirming.
    #infantrylivesmatter

zxqzuuxtfkpv.jpg

hxed7ph501zd.png