criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Arcade Han Solo Smuggler Appearance...

So i have been trying to get the Han Solo Smuggler Appearance and its totally impossible to get just becouse the bots are scattered all over the map and you just cant make it when you have 3 seconds to start with DICE have to fix this...

Replies

• I got it easy. Watch a YouTube tutorial and plus would be worth it to get a skin for free. Have to have some skill.
  • Dark Side is the harder one to get. I successfully did it with Iden, but I imagine Maul or Boba is easier because you can reach the enemies faster.

Lightside is easy. Use Leia with HoK card, camp a hallway and mow down troopers walking towards you until you win.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Zexiel wrote: »
    So i have been trying to get the Han Solo Smuggler Appearance and its totally impossible to get just becouse the bots are scattered all over the map and you just cant make it when you have 3 seconds to start with DICE have to fix this...

Watch this for a quick/simple trick for your 3 second problem:

And just in case, Hope Cannot Save Them Tier III is worse still in my opinion, so here's an updated strategy:

Hope you get that Smuggler appearance!
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Dark Side is the harder one to get. I successfully did it with Iden, but I imagine Maul or Boba is easier because you can reach the enemies faster.

Lightside is easy. Use Leia with HoK card, camp a hallway and mow down troopers walking towards you until you win.

Took me either one or two tries with maul. Didn't try with fett. The Iden one took me a while in the tunnels ... but that was before I started using her like I do now.
  • Took me either one or two tries with maul. Didn't try with fett. The Iden one took me a while in the tunnels ... but that was before I started using her like I do now.

I did it with Maul. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't as difficult as HCST. The YouTube guides were invaluable, especially the bit about using Maul and respawning.

The Iden one was a real pain. I heard it was easy pre-patch, but when I did it the enemies would barely go into the tunnels. I had to complete HCST similar to how it was done in the video Han_Spinel posted, and it was not fun. The number of tries it took was beyond frustrating.

I don't even like the Smuggler appearance, but I use it because of how hard I had to work to get it. lol
  • Outrider wrote: »
    Took me either one or two tries with maul. Didn't try with fett. The Iden one took me a while in the tunnels ... but that was before I started using her like I do now.

I did it with Maul. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't as difficult as HCST. The YouTube guides were invaluable, especially the bit about using Maul and respawning.

The Iden one was a real pain. I heard it was easy pre-patch, but when I did it the enemies would barely go into the tunnels. I had to complete HCST similar to how it was done in the video Han_Spinel posted, and it was not fun. The number of tries it took was beyond frustrating.

I don't even like the Smuggler appearance, but I use it because of how hard I had to work to get it. lol

HCST is a buck-shot grizzly bear. I had someone on Youtube insist that my post-1.2 video was impossible after the Solo season update (the AI is a little different), which then compelled me to complete it again (above). I am the same as you though, I don't even really care for the smuggler appearance, just really like unlocking things, ha!
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Well, what I find helpful with such challenges is not to shoot at the first enemy in sight, thus starting the countdown, but to run around a bit, let more enemies spawn and then find a good spot where the enemies keep coming for you to mow down.
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    HCST is a buck-shot grizzly bear. I had someone on Youtube insist that my post-1.2 video was impossible after the Solo season update (the AI is a little different), which then compelled me to complete it again (above). I am the same as you though, I don't even really care for the smuggler appearance, just really like unlocking things, ha!

I must unlock all the things.

Yeah, I completed HCST Tier 3 in May, which I think was post-1.2 but pre-Solo.

That was a difficult time: most of the YouTube guides were pre-1.2 and no longer viable. Even today, whenever I watch a YouTube Battlefront II video more than a few months old, I wonder if the game tips still apply, given all the nerfs/buffs/patches that have happened since it was posted.
  • Kamykatz wrote: »
    Well, what I find helpful with such challenges is not to shoot at the first enemy in sight, thus starting the countdown, but to run around a bit, let more enemies spawn and then find a good spot where the enemies keep coming for you to mow down.

It's extremely easy as a Force user on Starkiller for the Light side. Just camp that one random walkway and they'll converge below you. Drop, Force push/Unleash, repeat.
  • Thanks for the videos. Those are the last two I have been working on.
    HCST is very frustrating. Can get a good run going, but often run out of enemies in an area. I just keep trying and one day it will happen.

Need to revisit Embrace the Dark side. Never thought to intentionally respawn...
  • moltentown
    198 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    The dark side 3 second challenge is easy with Vader when you get to the spawn point. I waited outside the entrance for 15 seconds or so until maybe 6 enemies were inside and a few around. I killed them to start the timer, headed inside via the hole in the wall and waited by the doors leading outside at the end of that passageway. Easy victory.

As for HCST, I gave up and just bought the other skins of Han. It makes me too angry and frustrated because of the flawed AI. I play for fun and to pass time, not to ruin my evening.
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    Zexiel wrote: »

Watch this for a quick/simple trick for your 3 second problem:

And just in case, Hope Cannot Save Them Tier III is worse still in my opinion, so here's an updated strategy:

Hope you get that Smuggler appearance!

TY for the video.
    #StarWars-y