criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

This is why I won't play HvV

My friend has been trying to get me to play HvV with him for months, but I really don't want to. Then he sends me gifs like these and laughs about it. These are just examples of what you can do in HvV right now. To the HvV players: Do you just jump in there and hope you don't run into players like this?

qv98h6wehulu.gif
0phvb4hpv9v6.gif
moenr1cb9t4w.jpg

Replies

• Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for showing those, especially the hoth one... now I know how to ruin someone's day by getting in there to kill them .

We should expose more of these.

Also shame on dice for still not fixing these but at least the bespin one and a few others where fett hides are getting fixed soon.
    Post edited by Rugbymaster1 on
  • Don't do it. Showdown is less hectic, and will teach you a lot more than HvV could. Unless you have a competent 4 man premade.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • HvV is way more fun currently than GA. Most of my time in GA is spent dying due to lag, waiting in lobby, run for 30 seconds and get killed again. HvV has more fun action for me :)
  • Outrider
    164 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    If someone is exploiting the map like that and I know how to get at them, I'll make it my mission to ruin their day.

If it goes on too long, though, I may get tired of it and quit out. Players who do that stuff are not fun to play against. I've seen the target on my own team suicide because they're tired of the opposing team's target hiding and just want to get through the match.
    Post edited by Outrider on
  • I probably only played GA about 10x since launch all i play is hvv
  • My friend has been trying to get me to play HvV with him for months, but I really don't want to. Then he sends me gifs like these and laughs about it. These are just examples of what you can do in HvV right now. To the HvV players: Do you just jump in there and hope you don't run into players like this?

qv98h6wehulu.gif

I did this today because of your video. It was hilarious watching the enemy running around and jumping to find the location.
    Thanks. I won't be doing this again. It was a one time thing if it really worked.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • My friend has been trying to get me to play HvV with him for months, but I really don't want to. Then he sends me gifs like these and laughs about it. These are just examples of what you can do in HvV right now. To the HvV players: Do you just jump in there and hope you don't run into players like this?

qv98h6wehulu.gif

I did this today because of your video. It was hilarious watching the enemy running around and jumping to find the location.
    Thanks. I won't be doing this again. It was a one time thing if it really worked.

Well, I'm not mad about it. lol. Sometimes, things need to spread to get the devs attention.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Thanks for posting these. I was wondering how to find them. I’m a straight-up player until the other team starts using exploits to win, in which case I start playing dirty as well. However, my favourite thing is crushing a team who uses exploits or runs like cowards with a better team who plays fairly and like a well-oiled machine. It’s a rare but beautiful thing to be part of.
  • Cool story bro.
  • Thanks for showing those, especially the hoth one... now I know how to ruin someone's day by getting in there to kill them ?

Also shame on dice for still not fixing these but at least the bespin one and a few others where fett hides are getting fixed soon.

There’s an Exploit on Yavin 4 and every time someone hides in there i’ll Go there and dominate them
  • Thanks for showing those, especially the hoth one... now I know how to ruin someone's day by getting in there to kill them ?

There’s an Exploit on Yavin 4 and every time someone hides in there i’ll Go there and dominate them

Yes! I call it the kill box. Love going in there and surprising the hell out of someone. Most people know of it now though.
    I actually don't mind that exploit as much because it is "fair" in that at least anyone who knows about it can get in there, unlike most of the high up spots where fett and many of the force users exploit on yavin.
  • Honestly I just realized that most of my hero picks these days in HVV are simply to counter exploits and runners. I use kylo to freeze runners or pull people down from their perches. Finn to deadeye palpatine maul or kylo. ...