criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Droideka and a Recent Screenshot

Prev134
F8RGE
886 posts EA Community Manager
Just wanted to drop a few lines to clear some things up regarding the screenshot that was released and has dominated the discussion this week.

When we first started to see mentions of Droideka the instant answer from us was “no”, which at the time we believed to be 100% correct.

This is because we currently have no active plans for a Droideka, nor do we have any assets within our active development version of the game. While we saw the similarities, we believed it could have been a crashed speeder or environmental clutter.

This is why we came out and said that it wasn’t. We wanted to react quick, and to communicate but more importantly, we didn't want you to think something was coming that wasn't. This is why we confirmed that it wasn't one.

Because we have the ability to reload the scene (think of it like opening a save point in a level) a screenshot was created in, we did some additional investigation. It was during this investigation that we found an old, unused and partially built asset of a Droideka. The asset itself is nothing more than a static model. It has zero integration into the game, meaning it is currently missing, rigging, animation, VFX, audio, abilities, UI and more.

While the screenshot was created recently, it was done so on a version of the game that contained some unused assets. Moving forward we will be taking steps to ensure this does not happen again.

During development multiple assets and ideas are explored and while some do make it into the final game, others do not.

Replies

• The_Gwareger
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Noooooooooooooo!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    2xtn0prby5dk.jpg

AHSOKA TANO LIVES!!!
  • AzorAhai
    1362 posts Member
    poodoo
  • This is a disappointment, because it is an official image. But I appreciate you clearing up the issue.
  • Jeeeeeez
  • FabioBastos
    532 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    So sad...
    :-/
  • Oh well, it would have been bad for game balance anyway :) *Battlefront II 2005 flashbacks* :P
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • You've seen how popular/wanted they are in the game. Maybe add to the road map later?
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • You guys really know how to disappoint your community. But at least you r honest...
  • Disappointed )-:
  • Its par for the course with this game. I'm not personally disappointed, but really how do things like this keep happening with this game?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    While we saw the similarities, we believed it could have been a crashed speeder or environmental clutter..

Crashed speeder? There's not even speeders on Kashyyyk, the only good thing that could come out of this disappointment is if you guys are adding STAPS. But let's be honest, you won't :|

• Translation: somebody's getting fired.

But then who would work on the game? Aren't there like 5 people lol
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    You've seen how popular/wanted they are in the game. Maybe add to the road map later?

If we're able to add them, we will.

Why can't you add them? The original bf2 had them. Sadly I never got to play it much
  • bfloo
    15830 posts Member
    What about the Rebel Pilot?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• obviously...............
  • This is disappointing.
    This is disappointing.

Yes, but not suprising
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • This game never ceases to amaze me
  • If only you could have given us such an explanation for the ping issues, rather than the occasional couple of words.....
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    That's extremely disappointing
  • If the multiple Universe theory is true...

Oh well. One can dream. Thanks for the update Ben.
  • Splatlame wrote: »
    Let's face it everyone, we're not getting anything else besides the Clone Wars season.

So stop wasting your time doing the "We need this" or "Modders can add this so why can't DICE"

Ben may be listening to your requests, but the devs are focused soley on Clone Wars and after that, I guarantee they're just gonna take off.

Wouldnt be surprised. I just wish that they let modders have some more access to the game without punishing them so harshly. But that won't happen.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • MightyJawa
    115 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the clarification, f8rge, much appreciated.
  • But hey! We forgive you, it is true that you can confuse that Droideka with a crashed speeder and that you guys didn't see it (although you are developers, it is supposed that you make things and then revise them). We apologize, our reaction isn't justified. We are to bad with you, and we are sorry.

Is that what you want to hear???

• 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Good thing i never get my hopes up
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Llunots wrote: »
    MightyJawa wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification, f8rge, much appreciated.

Much appreciated? Are you kidding? Are we **** guys? This is bad! How can they pass a mistake like this one? Really Ben? A crashed speeder???? I'm here since Battlefront 1 was announced, and never heard anything more ridiculous.

I asked for clarity in communication and received it, so I said thanks. Not everything has to be a hill to die on.