criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Xbox user] Controller question

Hello BF2 forum users!

I would like to know if you are using the default settings on your controller. Are you even using the controller that comes with the unit? If NOT, what are you using?

I’ve been told that I beat up controllers. I can usually only get about 3 rounds of HvV done before my hand (s) begin to ache. I see several folks on my friends list who do HvV for hours….How?

**I'm fairly new to console gaming, have always been a huge PC gamer - I'm finding that I like console better even with it's limitations.

Replies

• I use the controller, and I think I more or less use defaults (the only thing I remember changing is the missile lock for starfighters, where now I have to hold the button down for missile lock, and changing the color of my crosshairs every now and then), though sometimes my hands or legs fall asleep (I don't think it happened during the battlefront games, but one time it made Super Mario 3D World unplayable), normally getting them wet wakes them up. I hope this helps.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • AzorAhai
    1312 posts Member
    I use the regular controller. If I get more than 2 hours in on more than 2 days, then my hands ache (carpal tunnel like). Maybe relax your grip a little. Sometimes, during crucial moments, I realize that I'm holding my breath for some reason.
  • Relax my grip....
    It's serious business playing HvV you know!
    I will also find myself holding my breath and for some odd reason I start cursing like a sailor.
  • GrimKimmer wrote: »
    Relax my grip....
    It's serious business playing HvV you know!
    I will also find myself holding my breath and for some odd reason I start cursing like a sailor.

I do that last part too.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I use the controller, and I think I more or less use defaults (the only thing I remember changing is the missile lock for starfighters, where now I have to hold the button down for missile lock, and changing the color of my crosshairs every now and then), though sometimes my hands or legs fall asleep (I don't think it happened during the battlefront games, but one time it made Super Mario 3D Land unplayable), normally getting them wet wakes them up. I hope this helps.

It might help my point if I typed the right game in (fixed In Italics).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I have owned the official Xbox One Elite Controller since it launched and I love it. I can use it all day and my hands remain comfortable. I really like the weight of it and the taller joysticks that you can pop on. I rarely used the customisation options (remapping) but when I did it make me 10x better at those 'advanced' movement Call of Duty games, because I was able to jump around while keeping my sights on the enemy.

I look forward to the next version of this controller.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Vespervin wrote: »
    I have owned the official Xbox One Elite Controller since it launched and I love it. I can use it all day and my hands remain comfortable. I really like the weight of it and the taller joysticks that you can pop on. I rarely used the customisation options (remapping) but when I did it make me 10x better at those 'advanced' movement Call of Duty games, because I was able to jump around while keeping my sights on the enemy.

I look forward to the next version of this controller.

How good is the Elite, because I use a Minecraft Creeper Controller (and one with a sonic forces skin on it, but underneath it's the same), but I do want four more controllers for the Xbox One, so I'd like to know if it's good for it's price, or if I should stick to what works.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget