criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

All shock abilities duration op

GrayOne
366 posts Member
edited August 2018
W.....T.....F! How does a shock mean instant death for Vader, or anyone for that matter. It last way long! Your HP gets melted instantly. There's no way to break out of it. I assume there is card that increases the duration, I wouldn't know cause I never play as a blaster hero, EVER! NEVER EVER! I boycotted playing as those cheap things.
(Take a breath) sorry for the out burst, but the duration of all shock abilities needs to be reduced so that the maximum amount of damage that can be done in reduced. Am I the only one who sees this, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
yh7guv06hwhi.gif

Replies

• How is no one experiencing this in H vs V. It's infuriating!
    u1j8xsrvuz0o.gif
    o7uofcehvkiz.gif
  • Any moment now, you'll realize how utterly one sided the CC is in favour of the Dark Side, and then you'll be embarassed to death about creating this post to begin with.

...Alternatively you'll realize that a lightsaber, strangely enough, does not solve all problems on the earth.

I'll take either solution.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Any moment now, you'll realize how utterly one sided the CC is in favour of the Dark Side, and then you'll be embarassed to death about creating this post to begin with.

...Alternatively you'll realize that a lightsaber, strangely enough, does not solve all problems on the earth.

I'll take either solution.

I could make a grilled cheese sandwich and light a joint with a light saber, all my problems solved
  • That's what happens in this game....its all Chewie.
    I hate going up against him but, he is fun to annihilate people with.
    Last month I think...I was on Mos Eisley and my team sucked so bad. They literally put up no resistance in the first two stages. I knocked down a couple ATSTs and decided to use him on the last stage. I was literally the only resistance in that last stage. We ended up winning and I took down 4 heroes. I kid you not. And I am sure from your experience you can see I am not exaggerating.
  • Lame as h£!!, cheap as h€!!, to bad it and wall hacking are core parts of the game mechanic of bf2. Scrubs gotta eat to I guess.
  • shock never works at all for me when i use it. shock wave with palpy people are right in his path and get hit by the shock and no effect done to them they are still able to immediately shoot at me.
  • Jumbofish
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    shock never works at all for me when i use it. shock wave with palpy people are right in his path and get hit by the shock and no effect done to them they are still able to immediately shoot at me.

Well a lot of blaster heroes are glitched and can use abilities or still shoot after being shocked or frozen. It's been like that for a while now.
    GrayOne wrote: »
    W.....T.....F! How does a shock mean instant death for Vader, or anyone for that matter. It last way long! Your HP gets melted instantly. There's no way to break out of it. I assume there is card that increases the duration, I wouldn't know cause I never play as a blaster hero, EVER! NEVER EVER! I boycotted playing as those cheap things.
    (Take a breath) sorry for the out burst, but the duration of all shock abilities needs to be reduced so that the maximum amount of damage that can be done in reduced. Am I the only one who sees this, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    yh7guv06hwhi.gif

Otherwise, yeah man. I totally experience this every time I play. I've made a post in general discussion complaining about it. Personally, I think an easy way would be to put a max damage cap on all freezes and stuns, HvV in particular needs to see this.... Like 200 hp OR the current length of time then you're free. That would solve the problem imo. Because I can see the length being necessary when you want to use it as an escape, which I feel they were intended to be used as. Not OP freeze and chunk health to 0 like it currently is..

• Pretty sure they fixed CC-not-actualling-CCing now. It was in the patch notes, atleast.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Jumbofish wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    shock never works at all for me when i use it. shock wave with palpy people are right in his path and get hit by the shock and no effect done to them they are still able to immediately shoot at me.

Well a lot of blaster heroes are glitched and can use abilities or still shoot after being shocked or frozen. It's been like that for a while now.
    GrayOne wrote: »
    yh7guv06hwhi.gif

Otherwise, yeah man. I totally experience this every time I play. I've made a post in general discussion complaining about it. Personally, I think an easy way would be to put a max damage cap on all freezes and stuns, HvV in particular needs to see this.... Like 200 hp OR the current length of time then you're free. That would solve the problem imo. Because I can see the length being necessary when you want to use it as an escape, which I feel they were intended to be used as. Not OP freeze and chunk health to 0 like it currently is..

Nice suggestion
  • Jumbofish wrote: »
    Because I can see the length being necessary when you want to use it as an escape, which I feel they were intended to be used as. Not OP freeze and chunk health to 0 like it currently is..

Crowd control is not intended to be used as an escape. That is a laughable statement.
  • It is used to melt hero's plain and simple, so op it's ridiculous. Fasma, chewy, and lando can go shove it in their dirt holes. At least Iden's shock has a short time span.
  • No....
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• GrayOne wrote: »
    It is used to melt hero's plain and simple, so op it's ridiculous. Fasma, chewy, and lando can go shove it in their dirt holes. At least Iden's shock has a short time span.

Yeah. I do agreed with you. It would be hard to balance Lando and Phasma tho, they have no chance outside of those stuns...
  • Stuns in HvV are a huge crutch. They'll never change it because it requires effort.
  • They just need to have a damage cap on each stun. Lightsaber strikes knock people out of stuns. The problem is that blaster heroes can do virtually unlimited damage to a hero during the stun and the victim has to eat it with no defense or movement. Adding a damage cap where the victim breaks out after taking x amount of damage in a stun would do wonders for preventing wombo combo instakills without making stuns too weak. Something like 200-250 damage from blasters while stunned releases the stun entirely.

If they don't do this, then I'd at least do the following changes:

Lando: Quick Shock card reduced from 30% bonus stun duration to 20% at epic level.

Chewie: Throws Shock Grenade slightly slower. Fire Rate in Furious Bowcaster reduced by 5%.

Iden: Base Cooldown of Droid Shock up from 13 to 15 seconds. Iden does the battle command point when her droid flies off, interrupting her fire for about ~2 seconds.

Phasma: Droid's Stun has 1-2 extra seconds between charges.

Kylo: Freeze Duration lowered from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

This would at least slightly reduce the more potent/annoying combos if a damage cap isn't possible.